collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Park Redevelopment  (Read 545736 times)

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
Re: Villa Park Redevelopment
« Reply #435 on: May 14, 2021, 02:22:06 PM »
The more and more I think about this the more I think a new North Stand replicating the Holte End is the way to go.

It would really elevate the ground up a notch to a modern, yet classic and unique stadium. The new stand could also incorporate better corporate faciltiies/boxes which may leave the seating capacity smaller than the Holte End but the overall aesthetic would look like a mirror image almost.

Plus, they could make it a little more expensive than the Holte (or reduce the prices in the Holte?) so that our core vocal fan will always choose the Holte?

I agree with this. It's the only area of the ground with no restraints and we just have to make the most of it. A red brick exterior like the Holte is a must but I'd go bigger.

Agree with this but happy for it to be just big enough to bring us to over 50k. I would also rename it The (William) McGregor Stand with his statue given pride of place so visiting fans are made well aware of his place in football history.
The current North Stand holds just under 8,000. We need another 8,000 to pass the 50,000 mark so a rebuilt North Stand would have to hold around 16,000 to achieve that. It would look bloody awesome.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #436 on: May 14, 2021, 03:52:41 PM »
The Holte loses about 750-1,000 seats because of the corner with Trinity Road. I would imagine a Holte style stand at the Witton end could easily hold 15,000?

Offline The Edge

« Reply #437 on: May 14, 2021, 05:30:03 PM »
The Holte loses about 750-1,000 seats because of the corner with Trinity Road. I would imagine a Holte style stand at the Witton end could easily hold 15,000?
So just under the magic 50k mark? They can easily make it slightly wider to make it 16k and the jobs a good un for me.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #438 on: May 26, 2021, 11:36:34 AM »
Went to the Youth Final on Monday Evening and it felt fantastic to be back at Villa Park but one thing that I noticed was the Stadium is starting to look a bit Tired.

The seats on the front rows in the upper Tier of the DE,Trinity and North Stand have turned almost Pink , I have seen this at other grounds before (Sunderland had a big problem) and noticed some of the Handrails had missing paint. The North Stand needs to come down and the other stands need a little work on them.

Also do not like the Cazoo Advertisement plastered all over the front of the upper Tiers. Not nice to see

Online Clampy

« Reply #439 on: May 26, 2021, 11:46:28 AM »
Went to the Youth Final on Monday Evening and it felt fantastic to be back at Villa Park but one thing that I noticed was the Stadium is starting to look a bit Tired.

The seats on the front rows in the upper Tier of the DE,Trinity and North Stand have turned almost Pink , I have seen this at other grounds before (Sunderland had a big problem) and noticed some of the Handrails had missing paint. The North Stand needs to come down and the other stands need a little work on them.

Also do not like the Cazoo Advertisement plastered all over the front of the upper Tiers. Not nice to see

Still, I do hope you got to spend your vouchers.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #440 on: May 26, 2021, 11:50:42 AM »
No, I never used my Vouchers as it was only £6.50 (Restricted View) so did not feel using a voucher with a much greater value was ideal

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #441 on: May 26, 2021, 11:51:03 AM »

It could be worse, the signs at Villa Park could have random capital letters all over the place.

I'm sure any maintenance work that needed to be done was being deferred until fans were actually coming back. Not a big issue unless you're looking for something to complain about.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #442 on: May 26, 2021, 12:01:07 PM »
He's just commenting that some of the seats look tired.  No it's not a massive issue but he's right, they do.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #443 on: May 26, 2021, 12:03:54 PM »
It's probably the sort of thing that happens every season and gets sorted in the summer.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #444 on: May 26, 2021, 12:25:51 PM »
Rebuild the North Stand add another 7k

Then rebuild the Holte into a proper single tier end like Dortmund but a little bigger 20,750.   

Offline berneboy

• John 3:16
« Reply #445 on: May 26, 2021, 12:50:40 PM »
I agree with Sexual Ealing.
I agree with Nick

Offline The Edge

« Reply #446 on: May 26, 2021, 04:11:09 PM »

Then rebuild the Holte into a proper single tier end like Dortmund but a little bigger 20,750.
Rebuild the North Stand make it 15,000. I don't think they'll touch the Holte. I don't think we could get a single tier 20,000 Stand even if they wanted to. The Yellow Wall wraps around the sides but we don’t have the room at the Holte End. It would have to reach a ridiculous height to achieve 20,000 plus.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 04:13:02 PM by The Edge »

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #447 on: May 26, 2021, 04:41:16 PM »

Rebuild the North Stand make it 15,000. I don't think they'll touch the Holte. I don't think we could get a single tier 20,000 Stand even if they wanted to. The Yellow Wall wraps around the sides but we don’t have the room at the Holte End. It would have to reach a ridiculous height to achieve 20,000 plus.

Imagine having your ticket in Row ZZZ.

I have to say, maybe clouded in my excitement at just being back at the football, but all things considered, the ground looked fantastic.

I’m wondering now if I was stood next to a poster on here, because he was moaning through most of the game (believe it or not) and missing handrail paint would’ve been right up his street.

Offline Pat Mustard

« Reply #448 on: May 26, 2021, 05:13:09 PM »

Imagine having your ticket in Row ZZZ.

I have to say, maybe clouded in my excitement at just being back at the football, but all things considered, the ground looked fantastic.

I’m wondering now if I was stood next to a poster on here, because he was moaning through most of the game (believe it or not) and missing handrail paint would’ve been right up his street.

Going back into Villa Park on Monday I also thought it looked great considering it's been empty for a year. 

However, having been an advocate of keeping 4 separate stands all along, I did find a little gripe that would be addressed by filling in the corners.  In the first half the sun was setting directly behind the gap in between the Trinity and North Stand, and made it really difficult to watch the game from where I was sitting.  I know this is down to an unusual kick off time at an unusual time of year to be playing, but it's not something I've ever noticed in the Lower Holte before - as and when they do rebuild the North then it would at least stop this.

Offline rjp

• aka Rob
  • GM : 07.05.2024
« Reply #449 on: May 26, 2021, 05:38:02 PM »
I expect I'll get slaughtered for saying this but...

I'd like the Holte to remain the biggest, most imposing stand of the 4 but it'll always be limited by where it is.  What about moving the Holte to where the North Stand is now and having a South Stand instead?

Sacrilege? Probably.  It would give us lots of options though.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal