collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 10:33:49 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Des Little
[Today at 10:12:59 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 10:33:49 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 10:32:30 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

Re: FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by FrankyH
[Today at 10:19:07 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Des Little
[Today at 10:12:59 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:10:56 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Park Redevelopment  (Read 529886 times)

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
Re: Villa Park Redevelopment
« Reply #270 on: March 12, 2021, 09:51:18 AM »
I'm not sure you could have a permanent BoxPark type place - it wouldn't be financially viable other than for 20ish home match days - but you could easily have permanent covered seating/tables with heaters and pitches for 15/20 food and drinks trucks around the edge of the space.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #271 on: March 12, 2021, 09:58:07 AM »
Two Holte Ends you say? Two minutes into this video...

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #272 on: March 12, 2021, 10:04:30 AM »

Ha, the rags one is wrong, they just needed to strip away the two stands and leave it at that.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #273 on: March 12, 2021, 10:10:40 AM »
Yes I think it caused a lot of animosity around Anfiield , not the way to do it

The Guardian covered it in a few articles over the years e.g.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2013/may/06/anfield-liverpool-david-conn

Shameful really.

Wow that's awful.

Must be mis-reported though because surely lovable Liverpool, who everyone loves and was so pleased to see the 30 years of hurt end with them back to their rightful place as the nation's Champions wouldn't shit on their own doorstep like that?

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #274 on: March 12, 2021, 11:05:28 AM »
The same Liverpool that are looking to restructure the whole of football to meet their own needs.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #275 on: March 12, 2021, 11:06:02 AM »

Ha, the rags one is wrong, they just needed to strip away the two stands and leave it at that.

Or just flatten the whole thing.

But ours with two Holte Ends looks the part, doesn't it?

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #276 on: March 12, 2021, 11:16:56 AM »
The same Liverpool that are looking to restructure the whole of football to meet their own needs.
They have shown what they stand for, is there a bigger myth in football concerning the attitude of this Club?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #277 on: March 13, 2021, 09:21:48 AM »
I personally think we need to enclose more of the space between stands, for acoustics if anything. I'd like to see a new North with corners as it's the best use of space. But I would also like the corners of the Holte filling too.

Not necessarily with seats, as I like the Holte being stand alone, but you can fill in with steel or whatever to trap sound.

This is an oldie, and I don't think our gentile and laconic announcer is going to be donning Armani suits and getting quite so animated, but the noise from an enclosed stadium here is spine tingling.

San Paolo stadium

Offline BC Villain

« Reply #278 on: March 26, 2021, 08:19:23 PM »
West Ham ground is awful, but it was always likely to be as it's an athletic stadium.

But look at something like the Millenium Stadium.  Arguably a basic identikit stadium but universally considered a fantastic ground which generates an incredible atmosphere.  Not many people who have been there would consdider it soulless.  It can be done and it doesn't have to cost Wembley type money to do it.

I'm not advocating a rebuild of VP, but I do think we can be more pragmatic and still have a great stadium.

The Millennium is a fantastic arena for atmosphere as it keeps the sound in and gives you a great feeling of looking down on the action.

Offline BC Villain

« Reply #279 on: March 26, 2021, 08:29:22 PM »
Seeing as we are on the subject of South American grounds, they are renaming The Maracana "The King Pele Stadium". Shite idea, IMO. The Maracana is already iconic. Rename the Santos ground, if you must, but not The Maracana.

Absolutely.   I've been inside The Maracana (albeit it was empty) but it's one of the few stadiums where you can feel the history and heritage of the place the moment you step inside.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #280 on: March 26, 2021, 08:57:09 PM »
Seeing as we are on the subject of South American grounds, they are renaming The Maracana "The King Pele Stadium". Shite idea, IMO. The Maracana is already iconic. Rename the Santos ground, if you must, but not The Maracana.

Saw that earlier and agree. However, it's already officially called Estádio Jornalista Mário Filho so they'll probably just change that and it will still be known as the Maracană.
Was there for two world cup matches in 2014. Fans board the trains from central Rio and sing the song something to do with the journey to Mara-cana someone told me. BV wasn't there that day to explain.   Can't see then doing the same with  we are on our way to...oh yes The King Pele stadium.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #281 on: March 26, 2021, 08:57:50 PM »

Absolutely.   I've been inside The Maracana (albeit it was empty) but it's one of the few stadiums where you can feel the history and heritage of the place the moment you step inside.

I saw Flamengo there in a full house. It was as immense as you'd expect.

They got stuffed 3-0 so I didn't even see what the reaction to a home goal was like and it was still brilliant!

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #282 on: March 26, 2021, 09:06:22 PM »
Just seen the vid for the new Everton stadium which was finally granted permission today. Looks pretty smart

Offline SaddVillan

• 1000 ft up in the hills gazing down on Manchester
« Reply #283 on: March 27, 2021, 12:05:22 AM »
Re the suggestions to fill in the corners.

Looking at Villa Park, the Trinity and Witton Lane are hemmed in by roads.

Trying to increase the capacity of Witton Lane we'd really need to build on Witton Lane itself, which might be difficult to get past the neighbours and the Council

The Trinity is an abomination externally - re-skin in it in redbrick and restore the mosaics. But a rebuild would probably not be worth it.

The easiest way to put in additional capacity is to rebuild the North Stand, mirroring, but not quite copying the Holte - it could be configured so the bottom tier coukd be easily converted to standing when circumstances permit.

Most away fans speak highly of Villa Park because it has 4 distinct stands which reminds them of the days before he proliferation of identikit Lego bowls.

Let's keep it that way and stand apart from the crowd.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #284 on: March 27, 2021, 12:12:50 AM »
Re the suggestions to fill in the corners.

Looking at Villa Park, the Trinity and Witton Lane are hemmed in by roads.

Trying to increase the capacity of Witton Lane we'd really need to build on Witton Lane itself, which might be difficult to get past the neighbours and the Council

The Trinity is an abomination externally - re-skin in it in redbrick and restore the mosaics. But a rebuild would probably not be worth it.

The easiest way to put in additional capacity is to rebuild the North Stand, mirroring, but not quite copying the Holte - it could be configured so the bottom tier coukd be easily converted to standing when circumstances permit.

Or do what other clubs in the continent have done and build below ground. Between than and -please God- getting a safe standing section at some point in the not too distant - we could comfortably get 50k plus without offending the neighbours. 

Would shrink the pitch a bit but that's no bad thing. Make Villa Park more of an amphitheatre.

Agree about the acoustics re sound escaping from the corners. Zombie FC have shown what can be achieved there with a similar layout and capacity.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal