collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 01:08:06 PM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by olaftab
[Today at 12:54:55 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 12:48:20 PM]

Aston Villa in the FA Cup (cont) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:58:30 AM]

FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Park Redevelopment  (Read 528414 times)

Online FrankyH

• GM : 07.09.2024
Re: Villa Park Redevelopment
« Reply #2445 on: April 29, 2023, 09:40:12 AM »
I think given the issues with away tickets, we'll start to have some very, very old season ticket holders over the next few years... A problem Liverpool have.

I can't work out what that means Ads !

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #2446 on: April 29, 2023, 09:52:32 AM »
I think given the issues with away tickets, we'll start to have some very, very old season ticket holders over the next few years... A problem Liverpool have.

I believe he means that season tickets (especially in good seats) will be so prized that families won't want to give them up when the ST holders die.

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #2447 on: April 29, 2023, 09:54:27 AM »
How do you check your position
 in the queue? Thanks.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2448 on: April 29, 2023, 09:57:09 AM »
How do you check your position
 in the queue? Thanks.

They've been sending out emails. The wife and nipper got theirs some days ago now.

Online FrankyH

• GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #2449 on: April 29, 2023, 10:29:58 AM »

I believe he means that season tickets (especially in good seats) will be so prized that families won't want to give them up when the ST holders die.

Ah, thanks. Could be a new supporters club in the making.
 " The Norman Bates Mom Lions"

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #2450 on: April 29, 2023, 04:02:13 PM »

ST holders don't die, they become Holte Enders in the sky.

Online astonvilla82

« Reply #2451 on: April 29, 2023, 05:49:18 PM »

ST holders don't die, they become Holte Enders in the sky.
Like it

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #2452 on: April 29, 2023, 06:38:16 PM »
Doesn’t someone notice all these dead season ticket holders when we’ve all gone home?

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #2453 on: May 31, 2023, 12:18:59 PM »
Found this whilst looking for other news. My journey takes me past the Villa Chippy near Witton Road and we've often wondered why the council don't supply more large temporary bins on match day rather than pay man hours to clean up the huge amounts of rubbish left near overflowing bins.

https://www.birminghamworld.uk/news/villa-park-residents-football-fans-4164046

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #2454 on: May 31, 2023, 12:51:51 PM »
Found this whilst looking for other news. My journey takes me past the Villa Chippy near Witton Road and we've often wondered why the council don't supply more large temporary bins on match day rather than pay man hours to clean up the huge amounts of rubbish left near overflowing bins.

What a strange article that is. Disruption around football grounds is hardly news and the amount of beer bottles and violence reads like something from the seventies.

Offline PeterWithe

« Reply #2455 on: May 31, 2023, 01:01:23 PM »
Yes it could have been written from a desk about any football ground, anywhere in the UK, anytime since car ownership became widespread. I guess the Planning Application and the increased profile of club recently pushed in up the features editors list of priorities.

But, if I lived locally and didn't have an interest in football, I think I'd look more kindly on the rich neighbours if they maybe helped clear up the area after games.

Offline usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #2456 on: May 31, 2023, 01:11:31 PM »

What a strange article that is. Disruption around football grounds is hardly news and the amount of beer bottles and violence reads like something from the seventies.

Exactly.  It's like the editor decided we need to have some balance to all this good news about Villa recently and this was all they could come up with.

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #2457 on: May 31, 2023, 01:14:27 PM »
These days I think fans walking to the game are more in danger from the rubbish, abandoned cars and terrible parking of the locals, rather than the other way round. The roads on the Whitehead Road side are an absolute state and it's 100% not football fans causing the issues. As for smashed windows - there seems to have been an increase in supporters' cars getting done this season too.

No doubt the Villa can do more - but I don't think there is a srcuffier part of the city than the roads leading up to Villa Park

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #2458 on: May 31, 2023, 01:19:43 PM »
Woman in that article listing the stuff that annoys her, includes "there's nowhere to park your car".

Not really sure what she expected when buying a house (20 years ago) in the football stadium which has been there 125 years.

Sympathetic to the rest of the article, though.

Offline PeterWithe

« Reply #2459 on: May 31, 2023, 01:29:04 PM »
I'm sure we've talked about this before but a temporary one way system away from the ground for half an hour or so after the final whistle would benefit pretty much everyone.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal