collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Park Redevelopment  (Read 551008 times)

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: Villa Park Redevelopment
« Reply #2475 on: May 31, 2023, 04:54:05 PM »
I see no residents complain about the Car wash at the end of the street ran by Albanians, the part dismantled cars parked everywhere due to the strip and chop garages that frequent the entire area. A stacked (on the pavement) tyre mountain next to one of the garages in the side street by the post office.
Or the cars regulary parked on double yellows around the island by the Witton arms.

No lets blame the Villa that, as someone has said, has been there 120+ years.

The council boils my piss with their myopic view of where we all live.
Who has blamed the Villa?

Offline Hairbandinho

« Reply #2476 on: May 31, 2023, 05:06:03 PM »
Yup!

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #2477 on: May 31, 2023, 05:20:19 PM »
Whole area is a shithole tbh. You pretty much have to wipe your feet before getting back in your car..... and that's coming from someone that lives in the arse end of Worcestershire, in Kidderminster.

Uncollected binbags split open and spilling over pavements, tyres and car remains dumped all over the place, broken glass everywhere - It really is a fucking mess, but I'd say that literally none of it is the fault of the football club.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2478 on: May 31, 2023, 05:36:03 PM »
The disgusting state of Aston is nothing to do with Villa. The locals that live there have no pride or care for their own environment and it shows. Villa can't help if the locals themselves are happy to live in their own filth.

What a horrible post.

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #2479 on: May 31, 2023, 05:49:23 PM »
Whole area is a shithole tbh. You pretty much have to wipe your feet before getting back in your car..... and that's coming from someone that lives in the arse end of Worcestershire, in Kidderminster.

Uncollected binbags split open and spilling over pavements, tyres and car remains dumped all over the place, broken glass everywhere - It really is a fucking mess, but I'd say that literally none of it is the fault of the football club.

The walk from the Barton’s to VP is especially awful. Mattresses, open bin bags and various white goods on the streets.

Online Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2480 on: May 31, 2023, 05:57:47 PM »
There's been an abandoned fridge on its side blocking a fair bit of the pavement on Whitehead Road since at least January. I don't think it's outside anyone's property so maybe everyone is leaving it to others to report.

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #2481 on: May 31, 2023, 05:59:43 PM »
The disgusting state of Aston is nothing to do with Villa. The locals that live there have no pride or care for their own environment and it shows. Villa can't help if the locals themselves are happy to live in their own filth.
I don't think I agree with you there.

One thing I'd long noticed where I live is that Caia Parc council estate in Wrexham... you can see that when it was designed, it was designed as a utopia. Brook running through the whole estate as a beautiful centrepiece, big gardens, lots of open space, brilliantly designed for active travel (walking especially) but also works well by car. Good mix of houses, clear civic centre, ...

But when I moved to Wrexham, which was there, couldn't get out of it quick enough. All the usual bad shit - flat roof pubs, blatant drug use, brook filled with rubbish, ... Proper shithole.

Since Deadpool & Rob McElhenney took over Wrexham, though, there's been a noticeable change in the whole town, but especially that area. It's actually pleasant to walk down to the in-laws now, lovely walk down a brook, it's still obviously a deprived area but people seem to have started taking a bit more pride in where they live.

I guess what I'm saying is that you can't just put down nice facilities and expect everyone to embrace a new way of living their lives, but equally people taking pride in where they live is about a bit more than just "well, these people like to live in their own filth so fuck them", which is the crux of that post.

I don't have the answer, but what I do believe is that the club has a responsibility - as part of a community - to try to lead the way. It might not always be a success, but making Aston a nicer place to live - be that through jobs, infrastructure, or just being a good role model & member of the community - is a good thing to do. They are, after all, the people & community that is represented by the most beautifully named club in club football.

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #2482 on: May 31, 2023, 06:04:08 PM »
Witton and Aston are no worse than any other major British inner city districts; indeed they're blessed with more than their fair share of beautiful historical parkland. Some of you need to get out more before you sh it on your own.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 06:05:45 PM by Lucky Eddie »

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #2483 on: May 31, 2023, 06:08:58 PM »
The walk from the Barton’s to VP is especially awful. Mattresses, open bin bags and various white goods on the streets.

Yeah, it featured quite heavily in the Bournemouth fan's vlog at Villa Park. One street in particular looked like a right kip.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #2484 on: May 31, 2023, 06:20:40 PM »
There's been an abandoned fridge on its side blocking a fair bit of the pavement on Whitehead Road since at least January. I don't think it's outside anyone's property so maybe everyone is leaving it to others to report.

Surprised at that as there seems to be more tatters around these days than ever, I only have to leave anything metal outside for 10 mins and its gone.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #2485 on: May 31, 2023, 06:58:03 PM »

What a horrible post.
Accurate though.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #2486 on: May 31, 2023, 07:41:43 PM »

Surprised at that as there seems to be more tatters around these days than ever, I only have to leave anything metal outside for 10 mins and its gone.

I live on a relatively posh 20 year old estate on the edge of Leamington and it's exactly the same here.

We had a skip on our drive for about a week whilst having a new kitchen and had four or five lots of them going through it.

Although, this being Royal Leamington Spa, most of them knocked the door and asked first.

Offline Hairbandinho

« Reply #2487 on: May 31, 2023, 07:55:02 PM »

What a horrible post.

It's the truth. It costs nothing to take your rubbish to the local tip. The locals there just throw it in their front garden or pavement.

I don't know how often you go to games but I have to walk through it, avoiding rats and used needles every game.

That's horrible, not my post.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 08:01:48 PM by Hairbandinho »

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #2488 on: May 31, 2023, 08:10:08 PM »
You are talking about "the locals" as if it's all of them, when quite clearly, it will not be.

Also, I am not suggesting this excuses littering, but:

It costs nothing to take your rubbish to the local tip

If you've got a car, yes.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #2489 on: May 31, 2023, 08:12:47 PM »
Some of the black bags outside the Villa Chippy on Manor Rd seem to have been there months, I wonder why the bin men dont collect them when they do the rounds?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal