collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[Today at 04:49:46 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 04:49:27 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AlexAlexCropley
[Today at 04:47:52 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by lovejoy
[Today at 04:47:48 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Jane
[Today at 04:47:05 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 04:46:48 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[Today at 04:46:11 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Bernie
[Today at 04:45:49 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Burnley vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 19261 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Burnley vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #165 on: January 27, 2021, 10:13:20 PM »
We have the funds to keep progressing though
 We're better this year not because everybody is dire, but because we're much better.

We've signed a Champions League midfielder, we'll like as not do the same in July/August again. Good chance of Europe League.
what was the score at Burnley last year?oh yes I remember wo won 3-1

Again, we?

The Dingles drew at Burnley. Off you pop champ.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #166 on: January 27, 2021, 10:14:56 PM »
Nice of the BBC to put Sean Dyche's interview up twice, the clowns.

They checked the box by having interviews with the managers of teams that play in claret and blue.

Online nordenvillain

« Reply #167 on: January 27, 2021, 10:16:29 PM »
 We're better this year not because everybody is dire, but because we're much better.

We've signed a Champions League midfielder, we'll like as not do the same in July/August again. Good chance of Europe League.
Shows how much of a Villa fan you are - we won 2-1. I'm not going on the result shown on the BBC Sport website or in the newspapers, I was there !

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #168 on: January 27, 2021, 10:16:35 PM »

Again, we?

The Dingles drew at Burnley. Off you pop champ.

They’ll be popping corks over at the Mix and SHA. Finally a Villa loss to fuel their fires and keep the conversation going about their biggest obsession.

Offline Ads

« Reply #169 on: January 27, 2021, 10:16:40 PM »
From the site rules:

Please do not accuse people of being, for example, "a bluenose" or "a manyoo fan" because you don't like or agree with what they are saying.

If he's a Villa fan Legion, then I'm a Tiltonite. Bitter little neighbour all day long.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #170 on: January 27, 2021, 10:21:01 PM »
And Sheffield United go and win at Old Trafford. Once again they managed to discover some form in time for our visit and let Sheff fkn United beat them. It's so bloody frustrating. I can forget nights like tonight if we can just beat them later this season. Surely we can do it this season?  We're better than we have been for years and they are erratic at best.

Offline Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #171 on: January 27, 2021, 10:23:11 PM »
Absolutely gutted, the draw at VP was hard to take, but today's result takes it up several levels, can't remember the last time we put in such a quality 1st half performance, to then go onto lose the match. One thing I've not happy with Dean is his failure to make subs earlier, today's a good example, Trez and El Ghazi should have been bought on a lot earlier.

Anyway will have forgetten, hopefully, this disaster, when I wake up tomorrow morning and it's up to us now to put it right against the Saints

Online SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #172 on: January 27, 2021, 10:25:07 PM »
In the ever-relevant words of Will from the Inbetweeners:

"Burnley can fuck off."

Offline Neal and Winton

« Reply #173 on: January 27, 2021, 10:25:41 PM »

2-1 actually! Having trouble with google search?
no at eighty years of age I’m not quite has sharp has I used to be but I remember winsand losses and I’ve seen villa teams win fa and league cups not to mention European so I know a good villa team when I see one and this group have some way to go
And not forgetting we won the league in 82. Guess you've seen a lot of change at Villa Park in all those years.
Certainly have since I saw my first villa Park Match in1947 it’s been a real roller coaster ride the highs have been very high and the lows we’ll need I say any more.
I do believe we are now in good hands in fact has good has when Dugdale  and co took over from the Nomansells.
But I do believe we are expecting an awful lot in a short period of time experience tells me you build firm foundations and what goes on top will be strong.
Has for tonight’s game I do feel we overplayed at times and the work rate drops we now have a reasonable group of players to keep us out of trouble but I think there is still work to be done before we can start talking about European football.
Believe me having been a fanatical supporter for a  lifetime being referred to has this and that from some people on here really hurts just for giving an honest opinion.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #174 on: January 27, 2021, 10:26:28 PM »
And Sheffield United go and win at Old Trafford. Once again they managed to discover some form in time for our visit and let Sheff fkn United beat them. It's so bloody frustrating. I can forget nights like tonight if we can just beat them later this season. Surely we can do it this season?  We're better than we have been for years and they are erratic at best.
It’s a bloody mad season.
What were the odds for SU tonight?

We can still do a lot of damage this season.

Because we are a work in progress.

We ain’t even half the best we are we building towards. 
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 10:30:28 PM by TonyD »

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #175 on: January 27, 2021, 10:34:40 PM »
I am Spartacus. That team has the potential to be the equal of anything I have seen at whatever the name of the place is that we play since whenever it was I started supporting them.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #176 on: January 27, 2021, 10:38:22 PM »
From the site rules:

Please do not accuse people of being, for example, "a bluenose" or "a manyoo fan" because you don't like or agree with what they are saying.

If he's a Villa fan Legion, then I'm a Tiltonite. Bitter little neighbour all day long.

Nine total posts since registering.

Two after Leeds, two after Brighton, one after West Ham and the rest today.

Sure there is some sort of link between those games but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Offline Ads

« Reply #177 on: January 27, 2021, 10:39:45 PM »
From the site rules:

Nine total posts since registering.

Two after Leeds, two after Brighton, one after West Ham and the rest today.

Sure there is some sort of link between those games but I can't quite put my finger on it.

I mean I was suspicious, but any self respecting neighbour would know we won the league in 81 and not 82. They know our hisotry in WV, B9 and West Birmingham.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #178 on: January 27, 2021, 10:41:04 PM »
Sandwell.

Offline Bryan

« Reply #179 on: January 27, 2021, 10:41:42 PM »
I know you can make statistics bend to how you want.....but with and without Barkley starting:

WITH

PLAYED: 9
WON: 4
DRAWN: 0
LOST: 5
SCORED: 19
CONCEDED: 16

WITHOUT

PLAYED: 9
WON: 5
DRAWN: 2
LOST: 2
SCORED: 14
CONCEDED: 5

Now this does include the Brighton game which wasn’t really hai fault but I think he’s looked well off the pace since his return, and I think he was anonymous in our defeats to Leeds and Southampton before that.

Outside the Liverpool game he has a great goal v Leicester and a single assist v Arsenal.

If Sanson is fit to start, I’d have him in Saturday

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal