collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Leon Bailey - signed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 04:52:43 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[Today at 04:49:46 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 04:49:27 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AlexAlexCropley
[Today at 04:47:52 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by lovejoy
[Today at 04:47:48 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Jane
[Today at 04:47:05 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 04:46:48 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[Today at 04:46:11 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Burnley vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 19262 times)

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Re: Burnley vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #135 on: January 27, 2021, 09:23:44 PM »
Awful goalkeeping and defending.

We need another striker, bringing Davis on to "possibly" nick a goal was laughable.
His first touch was laughable. Could be Dean's way of sending a signal to the owners?
The fact he gets 2 mins here, 5 mins there speaks volumes for the faith Smith has in him.
I don’t dislike or not rate Davis at all. I have defended him for a long time and there is a player in there. But not a goalscorer, and we need one to help out.

He's not good enough. At all.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #136 on: January 27, 2021, 09:27:23 PM »
That’s very honest by Dean. We’ve done such a good job this season from winning positions and tonight was the first time we didn’t see the job through. But this will happen across a season. Even for the very best teams and we are not one of them yet. This is part of our evolution. The contrast between last season and this is incredible but we still have a good way to go to be a top 6 side. What we are seeing is the makings of one but along the way we will have setbacks. And that includes less the perfect performances from our players in a game or a series of games. Tonight was one of the best first halves we’ve put together followed by one of the worst. And that’s the first time that’s happened since Leeds. And even Leeds was an average first half.

I’m just not going to panic about time but have every right to be disappointed because we did toss three points away headed into three more difficult games.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #137 on: January 27, 2021, 09:27:32 PM »
Mugged like the West Ham game.

Can only hope the response is as good as in the 4-5 games after that one.

No need to panic but we need more credible options on the bench to keep the opposition nervous.

That's the next step in the masterplan.

Opportunity missed with Chelsea drawing.

At least at West Ham we pushed right to the final kick, not so tonight really

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #138 on: January 27, 2021, 09:28:01 PM »
Awful goalkeeping and defending.

We need another striker, bringing Davis on to "possibly" nick a goal was laughable.
His first touch was laughable. Could be Dean's way of sending a signal to the owners?
The fact he gets 2 mins here, 5 mins there speaks volumes for the faith Smith has in him.
I don’t dislike or not rate Davis at all. I have defended him for a long time and there is a player in there. But not a goalscorer, and we need one to help out.

Don't get our use of him. Never seemingly want to loan him out but I assume he's in if Ollie isn't fit to start yet he wasn't even the first sub once we were losing.

Overall strange and surely he must be wanting to go out on loan to really get his career going unless he's just content to be backup which perhaps might be the high point of his career just like it was for the Fonz years back.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #139 on: January 27, 2021, 09:32:34 PM »
We need to stop being generous to sides that wear our colours. 1 point from games in which if we'd got the full 9 points, no-one would say they weren't deserved.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #140 on: January 27, 2021, 09:32:40 PM »
Sorry TV, we'll really have to agree to disagree, I really think Mings is now miles off what we need. We were so far on top and he gave them a piss easy corner and we went to shit from there. I played centre back for 30 years and when I could play I did, when I needed to punt it, I did. Its nearly every game with him now, time to ditch
Sorry but I’ve got to disagree. Mings for me was the best of the four tonight. Once again particularly in the 2nd half several players were poor. It’s unfair to single out Mings when everyone forward of him with the exception of Grealish didn’t perform

Your absolutely right on this. Mings seems to be the new Targett from last season, we don’t half love a fall guy! He got out muscled by wood and gave away a corner, so what it happens, Burnley had no Devine right to score from that corner. Konsa, got out muscled a few times in the 2nd half and no one picks that up. Mings had made unforced errors this season, but I think tonight and against Newcastle he’s playing percentages a lot more, and hitting the ball out of play when needed.
We outplayed them first half, continuing like we have done to play football I haven’t seen us play for a generation. Second half we had defensive lapses and at times lost second balls in midfield and gave away soft goals. It’s crap and disappointing, but shouldn’t detract from what we’ve done so far this season so far.
Top 6 is still possible, but we’d probably not be able to lose too many more games, but even if it ends up being say top 8 that would be an excellent season and platform for next year.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #141 on: January 27, 2021, 09:36:25 PM »
We do still have it in us to collapse at times, Leeds and southampton cone to mind. All part of the learning curve. But the difference between finishing 6th and top 10 could make up jacks mind.

Offline Neal and Winton

« Reply #142 on: January 27, 2021, 09:36:45 PM »
We have the funds to keep progressing though
 We're better this year not because everybody is dire, but because we're much better.

We've signed a Champions League midfielder, we'll like as not do the same in July/August again. Good chance of Europe League.
what was the score at Burnley last year?oh yes I remember wo won 3-1

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #143 on: January 27, 2021, 09:37:52 PM »
It's so obvious we need another decent option up front, far more so than another midfielder.

Davis only seems to come on in desperation or if the game has been won.

Conceding 3 was worse than careless, especially when we were not really under the cosh at any stage and it was against a team that rarely score more than one goal.

Yes, they fought harder for the ball after the break, but it was nothing that was unexpected. It felt like we gifted them the game at both ends tonight.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #144 on: January 27, 2021, 09:40:14 PM »
 We're better this year not because everybody is dire, but because we're much better.

We've signed a Champions League midfielder, we'll like as not do the same in July/August again. Good chance of Europe League.

2-1 actually! Having trouble with google search?

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #145 on: January 27, 2021, 09:45:26 PM »
It's so obvious we need another decent option up front, far more so than another midfielder.

He's on loan for the season at Solihull Moors.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #146 on: January 27, 2021, 09:45:34 PM »
Tonight proved that even the most average PL sides can get a result against the better ones like us when we dip in our form. It’s a tough division. Burnley and Dyche have loads of experience and they used it. But we’ve done just that to other better sides this season. You have to play for the full 90 minutes and when you don’t you will lose at this level.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #147 on: January 27, 2021, 09:51:05 PM »

Say NO to drugs kids.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #148 on: January 27, 2021, 09:51:33 PM »
Tonight has just proved that our journey to becoming champions isn’t linear.

Offline Neal and Winton

« Reply #149 on: January 27, 2021, 09:53:45 PM »

2-1 actually! Having trouble with google search?
no at eighty years of age I’m not quite has sharp has I used to be but I remember winsand losses and I’ve seen villa teams win fa and league cups not to mention European so I know a good villa team when I see one and this group have some way to go

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal