collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Mellin
[Today at 10:14:37 PM]

Aston Villa v Chelsea Match Thread by Goldenballs
[Today at 10:11:40 PM]

Robin Olsen by OzVilla
[Today at 10:11:15 PM]

Diego Carlos by nordenvillain
[Today at 10:09:04 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 10:04:00 PM]

John McGinn - signed (Captain) by Footy-Vill
[Today at 09:51:55 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Burnley vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 19283 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Burnley vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #120 on: January 27, 2021, 09:04:46 PM »
And some people watch that shite 38 games a season. Fuck me. I think I'd rather be at the Touchwood every time Small Heath are at home.

Online LukeJames

« Reply #121 on: January 27, 2021, 09:04:54 PM »
I hate this zonal marking bollocks. Off the top of my head we've conceeded free headers from set pieces to Vestegaard, Ogbonna and Mee with Mings and Konsa not marking any of them.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #122 on: January 27, 2021, 09:05:18 PM »
And some people watch that shite 38 games a season. Fuck me. I think I'd rather be at the Touchwood every time Small Heath are at home.

It's Burnley. They stop the traffic lights on matchdays.

Online Flamingo Lane

« Reply #123 on: January 27, 2021, 09:06:38 PM »
Awful goalkeeping and defending.

We need another striker, bringing Davis on to "possibly" nick a goal was laughable.
His first touch was laughable. Could be Dean's way of sending a signal to the owners?

No, I think it's another example of his inability to use substitutes effectively.  Far too often he's bringing on substitutes far later than he ought to.

Online Allan C

« Reply #124 on: January 27, 2021, 09:06:58 PM »
Sorry TV, we'll really have to agree to disagree, I really think Mings is now miles off what we need. We were so far on top and he gave them a piss easy corner and we went to shit from there. I played centre back for 30 years and when I could play I did, when I needed to punt it, I did. Its nearly every game with him now, time to ditch
Sorry but I’ve got to disagree. Mings for me was the best of the four tonight. Once again particularly in the 2nd half several players were poor. It’s unfair to single out Mings when everyone forward of him with the exception of Grealish didn’t perform

Offline Skerra

« Reply #125 on: January 27, 2021, 09:13:04 PM »
Seems like every time we are within reach of the top 6, we find a way to shoot ourselves in the foot. Second half we were rubbish at defending and, you could say that Emi could have done much better for their 2nd & 3rd goals. Soton are a much better time than these so, unfortunately, not expecting too much from that match either.
Plus, we are just not deadly enough from the number of chances we create. We are a young team so will definitely improve but now thinking top half of the table is what we should be aiming for. Hopefully, Dean has learnt from tonight that he needs to make good substitutions at the appropriate time and, not leave it too late.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019

Offline Clive W

« Reply #127 on: January 27, 2021, 09:13:46 PM »
Disappointed but not despondent about tonight

Compared to where we were a year ago the whole club has been transformed

I’m looking at this season as being a stepping stone to the top, and the art of putting games out of the reach of our opponents when we are dominating is all part of the learning curve

It’s why the teams at the top now have been there for the last few years

It’s not our strength at the moment because for the last decade we have rarely dominated matches

So disappointed at a lost opportunity - yes but despondent - no

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #128 on: January 27, 2021, 09:14:58 PM »
 They were more effective than us and they have 3 points.
Other than Jack I could not find a better than 5 out of 10 performance  in that second half
Smith has to take responsibility for awful game management.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 09:16:56 PM by ChicagoLion »

Online Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #129 on: January 27, 2021, 09:17:10 PM »
I'm going to say it but we need to get ready for life post Jack as he off after this season.

Who told you this ?
Why is he going ?
Where is he going ?
For how much ?

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #130 on: January 27, 2021, 09:18:22 PM »
Barkley frustrates the hell out of me. His passing is often wayward and for a big lad he gets shoved off the ball too easily.
He definitely declined to engage in one particular 50/50, but I don’t want to say he bottled it.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #131 on: January 27, 2021, 09:19:26 PM »
Barkley frustrates the hell out of me. His passing is often wayward and for a big lad he gets shoved off the ball too easily.
He definitely declined to engage in one particular 50/50, but I don’t want to say he bottled it.
he bottled it

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #132 on: January 27, 2021, 09:19:56 PM »
Sorry TV, we'll really have to agree to disagree, I really think Mings is now miles off what we need. We were so far on top and he gave them a piss easy corner and we went to shit from there. I played centre back for 30 years and when I could play I did, when I needed to punt it, I did. Its nearly every game with him now, time to ditch
Sorry but I’ve got to disagree. Mings for me was the best of the four tonight. Once again particularly in the 2nd half several players were poor. It’s unfair to single out Mings when everyone forward of him with the exception of Grealish didn’t perform
He's made his mind up on Mings and heels are dug in there. It's a mystery how he keeps getting picked for the England squad considering he's so bad. On the piss easy corner thing it was more about Vydra. The ball was on the line inches from being a goal kick. Vydra was falling on his arse yet somehow stuck out a toe to deflect it off Mings for a corner. Fine margins. However questions need to be asked urgently why Barkley was "marking" Mee from the corner and Targett was marking Woods for the winner. On each occasion Mings AND Konsa weren't particularly marking anyone? And it's not the first time that's happened this season. That needs urgent attention in my view.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #133 on: January 27, 2021, 09:22:41 PM »
Awful goalkeeping and defending.

We need another striker, bringing Davis on to "possibly" nick a goal was laughable.
His first touch was laughable. Could be Dean's way of sending a signal to the owners?
The fact he gets 2 mins here, 5 mins there speaks volumes for the faith Smith has in him.
I don’t dislike or not rate Davis at all. I have defended him for a long time and there is a player in there. But not a goalscorer, and we need one to help out.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #134 on: January 27, 2021, 09:22:57 PM »
Aston Villa boss Dean Smith, speaking to Match of the Day: "The game should've been over at half time, the chances that we created, they were quality chances.

"[Nick Pope] has made some really good saves but the game should've been out of sight. I've just said to the players, it's very tough to win any game in this league and we have started the season so well but you can't get three points the way we played tonight.

"We didn't do the basics well enough in the second half. They were a bit fortunate with the second goal but no excuses.

"I'm disappointed because that's an opportunity wasted. I don't take plusses from this game at all. We did enough to get the points, so not happy."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal