collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Burnley vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 18883 times)

Offline kippaxvilla2

Re: Burnley vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2021, 08:39:15 PM »
Look on the bright side.  We haven’t done the Albion any favours tonight!  Nor the Dingles.

Offline Bobby Boy

• GM : 20.04.2022
« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2021, 08:39:33 PM »
🙄 we were shit,  bla bla bla. I do despair how we are looking at individuals to blame.

We weren't shit but no way should we lose that game.

Dean has just said that there are no plusses to take from the game because we lost which is a tad harsh but I see where he is coming from.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 08:41:54 PM by Bobby Boy »

Offline Edvard Remberg

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/69507054@N00/
  • GM : 17.10.2024
« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2021, 08:39:48 PM »
🙄 we were shit,  bla bla bla. I do despair how we are looking at individuals to blame.

don't do it then :)
Might have missed the sarcasm

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #93 on: January 27, 2021, 08:40:33 PM »
I've criticised Mings in previous games and suggested we need better, but tonight he couldn't be faulted for anything in particular, and to suggest otherwise smacks of an entrenched agenda.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2021, 08:40:51 PM »

you said "we" ;)

like defenders missing the ball into the box :D

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2021, 08:41:32 PM »
I'm not on the Mings hate-train like most - but a 7? blimey.

I'm generally on it (hate is very strong) but thought he did the basics a lot better tonight. Not his fault that Luiz in particular kept hiding in front of him so forced to go long

He was doing the simple things first half, I thought he had learned from previous mistakes.

The lead up to their first goal was criminally bad, first letting it bounce and then attempting to let it roll out, before conceeding the corner.

Bit harsh but I'm assuming he was over on that side anyway covering for an out of position Konsa. Mings can't even fathom turning onto his right side or using his right foot. That's his biggest problem by far. He got into an arm wrestle with Wood alright and lost out (a bit unlucky) to a corner. We are very soft defending set pieces, we only have three outfield players capable of competing in the air. The state of Luiz and Barkley's effort in defending the corner was the real problem.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #96 on: January 27, 2021, 08:42:30 PM »
Mental. Both games against these Jurassic wankers. Just mental.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #97 on: January 27, 2021, 08:42:57 PM »
Mental. Both games against these Jurassic wankers. Just mental.
should have taken 6 points - not 1.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #98 on: January 27, 2021, 08:43:12 PM »
Barkley frustrates the hell out of me. His passing is often wayward and for a big lad he gets shoved off the ball too easily.

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #99 on: January 27, 2021, 08:43:24 PM »
Exquisite play in the first half.

We need to learn how to play when things aren’t going our way. It’s not that we’re lightweight, for 90 mins our more skilled players get kicked and get in it with it.

Subs at 2-1 would have helped. Or even 2-2.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #100 on: January 27, 2021, 08:44:21 PM »
Being philosophical for a minute, we're light years ahead of where I thought we'd be this season and   playing some scintillating stuff.  It really is lovely to watch.

We're still making some of the basic errors that almost got us relegated last year but it's a learning curve and I think we maybe need to be a bit patient before we're ready for a consistent tilt at the top6. 

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #101 on: January 27, 2021, 08:44:34 PM »
Think Trarore stayed on too long and the midfield 2 ran out of steam as well.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #102 on: January 27, 2021, 08:45:35 PM »
All in all they where better than us, hard to deny that IMO. Stll we are on the up and are often lovley to watch and we are a good mid table team with and xiting future. I m ok with that taking last ten years into consideration. And we did outplay Newcastle last week :).

I'll deny it. They're god-awful crap, and if football had to rely on their typical fare to survive as a spectator sport, it'd die on its arse. Better than us. Fucking heard everything now.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #103 on: January 27, 2021, 08:46:01 PM »
On the plus side:

We wanted Dyche after Di Matteo got potted and apparently we were interested again when Smudger was under pressure last year.

Imagine having to watch that game in game out.

We've had some pretty duff teams over the years. But if it ain't a set piece, a big boof upfield or defensive mistake, Burnleh fans don't see goals. That's no life.

But surely you can have admiration for their gumption as a team. Dyche has a very small budget but in comparison to say Newcastle they are spirited and well organised.

Swansea under Rodgers and Martinez at Wigan didn't have vast resources either.  Yet they could get their sides playing something approximating football.

He's been there 8 + years now.  This isn't a new guy in a job trying to make them hard to beat. Clearly, this is how he wants them to play long term.  Minimal chance creation or finesse, instructing his players to leave one on the opposition any chance they get and generally just trying to spoil and aggravate rather than create.

We need to be able to see off dross like this but I have no admiration for that approach at all. It's utterly joyless stuff.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #104 on: January 27, 2021, 08:46:35 PM »
All in all they where better than us, hard to deny that IMO. Stll we are on the up and are often lovley to watch and we are a good mid table team with and xiting future. I m ok with that taking last ten years into consideration. And we did outplay Newcastle last week :).

They were better than us? What? At lumping aimless long balls, sure. They were fucking terrible.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal