collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Burnley vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 19193 times)

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
Re: Burnley vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2021, 08:33:59 PM »
On the plus side:

We wanted Dyche after Di Matteo got potted and apparently we were interested again when Smudger was under pressure last year.

Imagine having to watch that game in game out.

We've had some pretty duff teams over the years. But if it ain't a set piece, a big boof upfield or defensive mistake, Burnleh fans don't see goals. That's no life.

But surely you can have admiration for their gumption as a team. Dyche has a very small budget but in comparison to say Newcastle they are spirited and well organised. Dyche certainly wasn't shy about his subs in comparison to Smith.

They turned that second half into a battle for a finish and some of our lads were found wanting.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2021, 08:34:29 PM »
17 points from the last 42 available.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2021, 08:34:55 PM »
If we take our chances in the fIrst half we win. We never seem to place the shots in the corner. Just blast it at the keeper. McGinn and Liz non-existent tonight and Barkley has undoubted quality but final ball often lacking. Traore flatters to deceive. Great goal from Oli but his finishing overall is still lacking for me. Grealish superb as ever. Unfortunately losing games like this is the reason he will move on eventually

I didn’t think we were that great against Newcastle or Man City either.

Hopefully a blip. Roll on Saturday

Offline Astnor

« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2021, 08:35:22 PM »
WE have become a team of showboaters that’s what happened to Arsenal till they rolled up their sleeves and started to work for a living.
You cannot leave a full back so exposed has Cash was tonite and the defending from certain midfielders for the first was criminal.
This will be either a turning point for the good or just the opposite we still need twelve points to be safe.
I see the Southampton has the one which decides.
Agree with the showboat tendencies and Smith s unwillingness to help Cash with some cover is now well documented IMO.  But I dont think we will be in danger of relegation this season.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2021, 08:35:56 PM »
WE have become a team of showboaters that’s what happened to Arsenal till they rolled up their sleeves and started to work for a living.
You cannot leave a full back so exposed has Cash was tonite and the defending from certain midfielders for the first was criminal.
This will be either a turning point for the good or just the opposite we still need twelve points to be safe.

What do you mean "we"?

Off you pop Nose/Dingle/Stripey Filth delete which ever tin pot allegiance as necessary.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2021, 08:36:25 PM »
It baffles me how that approach to football can be "successful" in a league like this. It's not like they're even building a firm foundation and seeking to improve with a 2-year plan. They're just a stubborn, shithouse club that employs dinosaurs. Its a shame their tactics yield results, because quite frankly its League 1 crap.

That said, we should be ashamed and embarrassed. We could have and should have put 5 in the bag tonight. There's no excuse for letting a club like Burnley score 3 goals, its hard to believe we have so many clean sheets after tonight's lackluster performance.

I think we should mix it up for Southampton.. I wasn't impressed with Barkley, Traore still needs to discover the importance his role defensively and Mings really needs to have a good look at himself.

This one hurts - and I hope its a wake up call.

Their football is shite. Game after game they rely on Pope to save them. They're fucking shocking.

They've scored 10 goals all year.. pretty pathetic on our part to only take a point off them over 2 matches.

It happens. They've beaten Liverpool and Arsenal in recent times. Hopefully they can hold Chelsea at the weekend.

We do have a massive issue defending crosses v them though....the three we conceded last season all came from crosses and disappointing to concede from the corner the way we did, zonal went a bit wrong there.

3rd one was a top header, Wood's a very underrated striker who usually gets into double figures every season so we could do much worse as a plan B type option.

Offline Edvard Remberg

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/69507054@N00/
  • GM : 17.10.2024
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2021, 08:36:32 PM »
🙄 we were shit,  bla bla bla. I do despair how we are looking at individuals to blame.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2021, 08:36:40 PM »

Fingers crossed we'll stay up, eh?

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2021, 08:37:15 PM »

What do you mean "we"?

Off you pop Nose/Dingle/Stripey Filth delete which ever tin pot allegiance as necessary.

I did reply on the previous page. A ridiculous post, even for one of them.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2021, 08:37:24 PM »
No dodgy VAR decisions and a sublime first half.

Losing that was laughable. On to Southampton.

Offline Ads

« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2021, 08:37:31 PM »

Fingers crossed we'll stay up, eh?

I'm.sure the Dingles will have enough. Not sure about Small Heath or Stripey Filth mind.

Offline Ads

« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2021, 08:38:39 PM »

What do you mean "we"?

I did reply on the previous page. A ridiculous post, even for one of them.

What sort of sad Villa obsessed person pretends to be one of us to dish out criticism on the rare occasions we lose? But when you look at our neighbours, its actually self explanatory.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2021, 08:38:42 PM »
Agree with the showboat tendencies and Smith s unwillingness to help Cash with some cover is now well documented IMO.  But I dont think we will be in danger of relegation this season.

Relegation isn't even a remote possibility, we're way too good for that. It's just disappointing that it's yet another match where we've chucked away points despite dominating against a team we should have beaten comfortably.  That's Leeds, Southampton, Brighton, West Ham and now Burnley where we've had more than enough chances to get something from the game, but have come away with zero points due to absolutely shit defending and not sticking the ball away.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2021, 08:38:45 PM »
Bloody infuriating result. We should have been out of sight. But lesson to be learned you cannot switch off or drop off.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2021, 08:39:06 PM »
🙄 we were shit,  bla bla bla. I do despair how we are looking at individuals to blame.

don't do it then :)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal