collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Liverpool (FAC3) Friday 8th January 7:45pm KO - Pre Match Thread  (Read 28293 times)

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
What a huge cliche this sentiment is but I would be excited to see Barry Jr. get a run-out at some point.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
I've just seen Klopp's ridiculous comments about last nights game so I've changed my mind.

Play a full team and hammer them into the middle of next week. That'll give the Bingo lookalike something to moan about.

I was wondering what you meant, then thought of the Banana Splits. A quick check shows it to be a brilliant comparison.

I worked with a lad known as 'Bingo' due to his surname, but he did actually look like the character too.

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
All I remember is how crap our B team was against Stoke in the league cup.
I hope we go serious and go strong.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
All I remember is how crap our B team was against Stoke in the league cup.
I hope we go serious and go strong.

Can Lansbury come back into the reckoning for a cup game ? As long as Elmo isn't centre back again that would be an improvement...and sorry Henri but anyone else in midfield too

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
For the first time in ages we've got a team that has all the characteristics of a cup winning side. We can beat anybody on our day. Get through this round and the rest will take care of itself.

1-0 Villa

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
I'd play Heaton but otherwise a full strength team.

I know it's sacrilege to some but I generally favour putting the league before the cups if you're in a relegation, promotion or title scrap.  But now we're all but safe this season I can't see why we wouldn't go all out to win a trophy, particularly in a season like this when we surely have a realistic chance?   

If not now, then when?

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
FIFA 21 predicts we beat Albion 1-0 in the FA Cup Final - Trez in the 93rd minute after Sam Johnstone saves a first half penalty. 

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
I'd play Heaton but otherwise a full strength team.

I know it's sacrilege to some but I generally favour putting the league before the cups if you're in a relegation, promotion or title scrap.  But now we're all but safe this season I can't see why we wouldn't go all out to win a trophy, particularly in a season like this when we surely have a realistic chance?   

If not now, then when?

See win a title scrap now.... 😉

I'd just like us to win the Cup.

Offline robleflaneur

I, like many others, will be disappointed if our second string go out with a whimper to Liverpool's second string. However, I also recognise that a lot of players have played a lot of games and a rest may be in order. Genuine question here, if we do play a full strength team on Friday would people be OK with players being rested for league games? If so, how do you decide which league games to rest players for? Do you rotate it? Jack rests one game, SJM the next, Ollie the next etc. It is a bit of a conundrum so I can understand why wholesale changes get made in the cup. Won't make me any happier if it looks like we chuck it on Friday though.
Full strength team please.We're not going to get relegated.Probably a better chance of winning the Cup than getting into the Champions League.If some players need resting,rotate for a league game.Most of the top six have either extra European fixtures or a League Cup semi or final to play.Let's be different and prioritise the Cup.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/

Absolutely. It used to make my blood boil when I saw Villa fans saying they wanted to reach the final. Maybe they enjoyed the big day out but for me I'd rather lose in the semi-final than have a big day out and lose in the final. I'm still trying to get over losing to Arsenal and I didn't even go to the game, I watched it in a bloody bar with my extended family in Tavira.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
What a huge cliche this sentiment is but I would be excited to see Barry Jr. get a run-out at some point.

Bannan? He never pushed on tbh.

Offline LukeJames

Absolutely. It used to make my blood boil when I saw Villa fans saying they wanted to reach the final. Maybe they enjoyed the big day out but for me I'd rather lose in the semi-final than have a big day out and lose in the final. I'm still trying to get over losing to Arsenal and I didn't even go to the game, I watched it in a bloody bar with my extended family in Tavira.

I was absolutely written off at that final, can barely remember the journey there (I know im a dickhead and a genius), a few days ago  the highlights appeared on the old facebook and that was the first time I'd actually seen back what happened. I know it was 0-3 at the time and it would've made no difference but those 2 penalty decisions against Gabby and Jack were horrendous.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
I've just seen Klopp's ridiculous comments about last nights game so I've changed my mind.

Play a full team and hammer them into the middle of next week. That'll give the Bingo lookalike something to moan about.

I was wondering what you meant, then thought of the Banana Splits. A quick check shows it to be a brilliant comparison.

Bingo is a great comparision :)

my Middlesbrough supporting  mate calls Klopp Klippty...and reckons he shares his massively white teeth with Firmino as he says you never see them ever smile together lol

UTV
The Doc

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024

I was absolutely written off at that final, can barely remember the journey there (I know im a dickhead and a genius), a few days ago  the highlights appeared on the old facebook and that was the first time I'd actually seen back what happened. I know it was 0-3 at the time and it would've made no difference but those 2 penalty decisions against Gabby and Jack were horrendous.

I travelled down excited for the game only to realise I had fake tickets. Ended up in a boozer in Central London surrounded by Arsenal fans.

All I've wanted to see is the FA Cup. I'd die happy if that happened.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025

Same here. I spent a lot of money getting a ticket for and travel to the game which seemed less and less of a good idea as our and Arsenal's form went in opposite directions leading up to the final. Had a bad bout of AILS (Alcohol Induced Lachrymosity Syndrome) in Club Wembley after the game.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal