collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 01:27:21 PM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Nev
[Today at 01:18:45 PM]

Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by Legion
[Today at 01:17:36 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ducksworthy
[Today at 01:01:39 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by devilla
[Today at 01:00:58 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:23:44 PM]

Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 01:27:21 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Nev
[Today at 01:18:45 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Ads
[Today at 01:17:42 PM]

Re: Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by Legion
[Today at 01:17:36 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by algy
[Today at 01:05:47 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 01:03:06 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ducksworthy
[Today at 01:01:39 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by devilla
[Today at 01:00:58 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Liverpool (FAC3) Friday 8th January 7:45pm KO - Pre Match Thread  (Read 27948 times)

Offline Allan C

I think we’ll eventually win on penalties after a 1-1 in normal/extra time. It may not be a popular view but I would rest the entire first team for this and play all of the usual reserves and young players. I actually wouldn’t have Jack or Ollie on the bench and possibly a few others either, I want to win it but I won’t shed many tears if we go out

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
I want us to win this thing and this year we have the look of a team who might have an extended run in the competition. As Dean is a fan he knows that this trophy is most desired by the older fans.  I think he'll have this in  mind with the team he picks.

Offline TaxDodger

Unless there's anybody who is particularly fatigued, I'd play our strongest possible team. We've shown we can beat anybody on our day this season and we stand a real chance in the cup if we take it seriously throughout. With the game being on the Friday night we have a reasonable amount of rest before the Spurs game on the Wednesday.

If we play our strongest team we'll probably beat their shadow side. If we rest key players we probably won't beat their shadow side.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
0-2.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Is Trez back? The type of game where he'd nick a goal. Resume his ghosting in at the back stick shtick that El Ghazi has been emulating.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Is Trez back? The type of game where he'd nick a goal. Resume his ghosting in at the back stick shtick that El Ghazi has been emulating.

I don't think there's been much of an update of late, but Smith said "several weeks" when it happened, so I'm pretty sure he won't be.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Dean's injury updates are so lame/bogus that he must be doing it to try and keep the opposition guessing.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
My Liverpool mate (ST holder) said Klopp will play fringe players, guaranteed.

We’ve got so many games coming up, we will probably have to do the same.

Anyway, it’s definitely our year this year. Seeing as we won’t be able to go, I reckon we’ll win it, no problem.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
Dean's injury updates are so lame/bogus that he must be doing it to try and keep the opposition guessing.

I hope so.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
The fact that if we do well in this competition we are unlikely to be able to attend the climax is weighing heavily on my attitude towards this game. It shouldn't I know but there we are.

Changes all 'round diminishing the tie, like so many others will be this weekend. Perhaps we will prevail.

1-0

Winning the Double without being able to watch. Typical Villa.

Not one person witnessed both the game where we won the league and the game where we won the cup in 1897.

https://www.heroesandvillains.info/forumv3/index.php?topic=61489.0

Offline LukeJames

They're playing Fabinho and Henderson as center backs tonight.

Wouldn't surprise me if they go all out kids again on Friday.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
We should be nervous though Curtis Jones is the best player in the world....

Offline RamboandBruno

There will be a lot of rotation on both sides. Liverpool will have a good line up with more kids than us I assume. But it's hard to tell how this ends up. But I'll go 2-1 us.

HEATON, GUILBERT, ENGELS, HAUSE, TAYLOR, NAKAMBA, ELMO, HOURIHANE, AEG, RAMSEY, DAVIS

SUBS; STEER, JACK, BARRY, WATKINS, KONSA, TARGETT, MCGINN, LANSBURY, BERT

Hopefully there will be other academy players on the bench

I think this is a good shout in terms of the team a smith will pick. Some of the players look a bit jaded, Watkins mainly. I’d also be a bit worried about some others burning out, grealish, McGinn, the full backs who have more or less played every game.
But, like all of us I’d love us to have an fa cup run, the idea of Jack being our captain and smith being our manager in a FA cup final, is something special.
I was generally gutted when we drew Liverpool as I think smith will play largely his second string and I don’t think our second string are good enough to beat Liverpool’s second string.

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
I hope Liverpool play their first team!  The way they are playing of late, an out of sorts, over-playing Arsenal morph of a team, we will be firm favourites.  If they play their fringe team, I think they stand a better chance!  They really look out of sorts just lately.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
They're playing Fabinho and Henderson as center backs tonight.

Wouldn't surprise me if they go all out kids again on Friday.

Their kids at CB are a long way off the required standard. I'd rest McGinn and Jack but maybe everyone else should be first choice.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal