collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 11:05:52 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 11:05:52 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Richard E
[Today at 11:00:08 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:58:06 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by ChicagoLion
[Today at 10:54:17 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 10:51:38 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 10:50:52 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 10:47:03 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Liverpool (FAC3) Friday 8th January 7:45pm KO - Pre Match Thread  (Read 27945 times)

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
I hope Liverpool play their first team!  The way they are playing of late, an out of sorts, over-playing Arsenal morph of a team, we will be firm favourites.  If they play their fringe team, I think they stand a better chance!  They really look out of sorts just lately.

After today there is no chance whatsoever they are playing anything like a first team.

Offline Hillbilly

I'd like to see Engels get a game if only to prove he's not keeping a couple of concrete blocks company at the bottom of the Fazeley cut.

Offline dave17

Win. And win the cup.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
I suspect wholesale changes but I'd like to see a half and half side

Somehting like

Heaton
Elmo - Konsa - Hause - Targett
McGinn- Nakamba
Anwar - Ramsey - Grealish
Watkins

With Barkley getting some minutes if back

Offline sid1964

I have been fortunate enough to see Villa win the League, European Cup, etc. but the 1 trophy I would love us to win is the FA Cup (even if we have to watch the game from our living rooms)

Villa to win 2-1

Offline tomd2103

We shouldn't really fear anyone in this competition and would like to see us play a full team on Friday night.  Given the congested fixture list in the rest of the month though, I think we will see a lot of changes.

There are a number of players that need a game as well. 

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
As strong a team as possible with big Emi in goal (in case it goes to penalties).

Offline TaxDodger

Please can we just play a full first team? We stand a really good chance of doing well in this cup if we take it seriously. I'd say we'd be about 5th favourites if we treated these games as our most important fixtures. If we're 3-0 up against Liverpool reserves then we can take off Grealish/Watkins etc. at that point.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
Start with the team that started against United and then make 1 or 2 changes only. Maybe Ramsey for Traore with Ramsey played in the number 10 position and Jack and El Ghazi in the wide positions. Traore needs to improve his defensive side of the game like we're seeing from El Ghazi recently.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
5 substitutes allowed, and a sixth if it goes to extra time.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
We need to rest players , SJM has played every minute, Jack should be on the bench, Ollie looks tired.
Heaton
Elmo Hause Mings Taylor
Marvelous Hourihane
Traore Davis AEG

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
 I, like many others, will be disappointed if our second string go out with a whimper to Liverpool's second string. However, I also recognise that a lot of players have played a lot of games and a rest may be in order. Genuine question here, if we do play a full strength team on Friday would people be OK with players being rested for league games? If so, how do you decide which league games to rest players for? Do you rotate it? Jack rests one game, SJM the next, Ollie the next etc. It is a bit of a conundrum so I can understand why wholesale changes get made in the cup. Won't make me any happier if it looks like we chuck it on Friday though.

Offline levico

Struggling to work up any enthusiasm for this tie particularly as Deano will field a second stream.

Hope for the best but maybe an early exit with dignity might be a better solution

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
I've just seen Klopp's ridiculous comments about last nights game so I've changed my mind.

Play a full team and hammer them into the middle of next week. That'll give the Bingo lookalike something to moan about.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
I've just seen Klopp's ridiculous comments about last nights game so I've changed my mind.

Play a full team and hammer them into the middle of next week. That'll give the Bingo lookalike something to moan about.

I was wondering what you meant, then thought of the Banana Splits. A quick check shows it to be a brilliant comparison.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal