collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Liverpool (FAC3) Friday 8th January 7:45pm KO - Pre Match Thread  (Read 28206 times)

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
For the 64th year running its our year.  Mad to think our annual trip to Wembley would have to be in the FA Cup this year.

We'll make a few changes, they'll make a lot more.  Lets go wild and predict 2-1 Villa.  Watkins and Jack.  Origi for them.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
There will be a lot of rotation on both sides. Liverpool will have a good line up with more kids than us I assume. But it's hard to tell how this ends up. But I'll go 2-1 us.

HEATON, GUILBERT, ENGELS, HAUSE, TAYLOR, NAKAMBA, ELMO, HOURIHANE, AEG, RAMSEY, DAVIS

SUBS; STEER, JACK, BARRY, WATKINS, KONSA, TARGETT, MCGINN, LANSBURY, BERT

Hopefully there will be other academy players on the bench

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
I would put Barkley in for this to build up his match fitness - if of course he has not really had a leg amputated all this time and they are waiting for a new one to grow back

I would certainly play the same formation but with different players - would also take the opportunity to play some kids from the off - why waste a shirt on the likes of Lansbury

Is this on TV?

Offline Dave P

Offline WarszaVillan

• GM : 06.10.2023
Do we have to change the whole team? I can see the sense in  a few changes, but I'd really like us to win the FA Cup.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
The fact that if we do well in this competition we are unlikely to be able to attend the climax is weighing heavily on my attitude towards this game. It shouldn't I know but there we are.

Changes all 'round diminishing the tie, like so many others will be this weekend. Perhaps we will prevail.

1-0

Online Lastfootstamper

I'd hope that winning it this season doesn't preclude us from doing so again for yet another 64 seasons!

Online Meanwood Villa

I think Dean will change the whole team. I don't agree with this approach and would like to see our strongest team out, even with the challenging league fixtures on the horizon. At the very least I would like Jack to be on the bench so we can bring him on if needs be.

Offline manic-road

The only change I would like to see is Heaton in goal, only chance of glory is realisticly the FA cup and like most of the fans I am yet to see us lift the cup. So play a strong team please and put the bindippers out the cup.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
a clean sheet please Villa

UTV
The Doc

Online Lastfootstamper

I think they'll put out a decent side, they've not got a game until Sunday the week after.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
The fact that if we do well in this competition we are unlikely to be able to attend the climax is weighing heavily on my attitude towards this game. It shouldn't I know but there we are.

Changes all 'round diminishing the tie, like so many others will be this weekend. Perhaps we will prevail.

1-0

Winning the Double without being able to watch. Typical Villa.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
I'd rest Jack, SJM and Watkins who in particular was out of it at end of Man. United game, second best to many 50/50s.

Play all the other key players though so Doug, Konsa, Mings, Cash all start. Heaton will probably get a start aswell.

That should be good enough given the squad players have shown they can be trusted this season when called upon so they can give Liverpool b team a game.

Probably a good one for Jacob Ramsey to start to build on his promising cameos. Would love Barkley to return aswell but seems another game he won't even be making the bench judging by latest DS comments.

3-1 win.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
I can see us winning this 2-1.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
I think they'll put out a decent side, they've not got a game until Sunday the week after.

Their team in last two years in third round against decent prem opposition:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50976228

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46718633

They are playing tonight so 72 hours less recovery time.

No chance Klopp will risk any serious defenders v us as they've hardly any left as it is and need someone like Fabiano v Man. United. They'll rest their front 3 aswell like in previous years.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal