collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by tomd2103
[Today at 12:47:19 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:33:09 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Southampton Post Match Thread  (Read 18278 times)

Offline oldhill_avfc

Re: Aston Villa v Southampton Post Match Thread
« Reply #210 on: November 04, 2020, 02:24:31 PM »
We beat Leicester, they thumped Leeds.

As for solving or fixing our defence and midfield, maybe it's not broken.
Smith suggested similar.

The balance in the centre midfield, Mings out of sorts, Cash getting exposed.

Conceding 7 in 2 games, something is not right.

Liverpool conceded seven in one game. Their defence must be shite.

Van Dyke apart - it is!

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #211 on: November 04, 2020, 03:01:43 PM »

Smith suggested similar.

Van Dyke apart - it is!
Trent Alexander-Arnold, Joe Gomez, Andy Robertson are all shite then? Okay.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #212 on: November 04, 2020, 03:05:22 PM »

Smith suggested similar.

Van Dyke apart - it is!
Trent Alexander-Arnold, Joe Gomez, Andy Robertson are all shite then? Okay.

Gomez is. A-A and Robertson are better gonig forward than they are in defence. VVD and Allison are the 2 reasons that Liverpool has been so good in the last year or so, when either or both are missing they look a lot weaker.

Offline oldhill_avfc

« Reply #213 on: November 04, 2020, 03:17:30 PM »
he said it for me - okay?

Offline The Edge

« Reply #214 on: November 04, 2020, 07:25:45 PM »
Liverpool's record over the last 2 seasons is incredible and it was built largely that defence. I hate Liverpool more than anyone except SH but you can't call their defenders shite imho.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #215 on: November 04, 2020, 09:09:29 PM »
Liverpool's record over the last 2 seasons is incredible and it was built largely that defence. I hate Liverpool more than anyone except SH but you can't call their defenders shite imho.

Almost every great defence ever has been formed around a leader that makes it work, VVD is that and without him, or if he has a bad game, they don't look as solid. On top of that a top goalkeeper makes a huge difference to the confidence of the players in front of him and the drop in quality between their first and 2nd choice is massive, Alisson is one of the top 3-4 in the world, Adrian probably struggles to make the top 25 in the league, I can't think of any regular starter he'd be ahead of and people like Henderson and Heaton would certainly be ahead of him as reserve keepers.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #216 on: November 05, 2020, 12:12:42 AM »

Their defence was largely shite until they got VVD and Alisson in. Two super stars who transformed them overnight. Robertson is excellent too but I don't think as individual defenders, TAA or Gomes are anything special. TAA is a brilliant attacker alright but Harrison and Grealish exposed him horribly defensively already this season. Gomes is nothing special either and giving away goals for fun Mings style this season.

Perhaps it's being forced on him with injuries but Klopp isn't providing his defence with much cover at all this season. I don't see them keeping many clean sheets this season.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #217 on: November 05, 2020, 12:33:19 AM »

I hate them more than you. haha. Agree with your point though, mate. That defence has been incredible, and we were exceptional against them.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #218 on: November 05, 2020, 08:25:31 AM »

I hate them more than you. haha. Agree with your point though, mate. That defence has been incredible, and we were exceptional against them.
You must really really really hate them then 😁 And against us their arrogance was their undoing. Our team and our gameplan were superb and they couldn't accept that little old Aston Villa were humiliating them and carried on regardless. Bit like Nero carrying on playing his fiddle while Rome was burning down all around him. It was pure unbridled joy watching it unfold that day.

Offline Axl Rose

« Reply #219 on: November 05, 2020, 08:28:52 AM »

You must really really really hate them then 😁 And against us their arrogance was their undoing. Our team and our gameplan were superb and they couldn't accept that little old Aston Villa were humiliating them and carried on regardless. Bit like Nero carrying on playing his fiddle while Rome was burning down all around him. It was pure unbridled joy watching it unfold that day.

Utterly wonderful! Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch!

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #220 on: November 05, 2020, 02:09:53 PM »

I'd just like to say that I hate them more than both of you.

Offline Axl Rose

« Reply #221 on: November 05, 2020, 02:28:26 PM »

I'd just like to say that I hate them more than both of you.

:)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal