collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by olaftab
[Today at 12:54:55 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 12:48:20 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by VillaTim
[Today at 12:20:12 PM]

Aston Villa in the FA Cup (cont) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:58:30 AM]

FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Photo ID now required to purchase tickets  (Read 15794 times)

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
Re: Photo ID now required to purchase tickets
« Reply #120 on: October 23, 2020, 06:14:26 PM »
Seriously, if the club having a photo of you on record upsets you so much you can't have that many things to worry about in real life.  It's almost like some people like to find things to moan about.

I understand the transferring of tickets argument at some point in the future, but you can already get a prtint out ticket to pass on so I'm not sure why people are panicking even if (and it's a big IF) the club did decide to roll this out long term.

Your personal data is a valuable commodity, why do the club need to have a photo? truth is they dont.

This is thin end of the wedge stuff, they really dont need  a photo of any us to conduct business so it should be resisted.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #121 on: October 23, 2020, 06:40:25 PM »
Then why do they want one?

Offline exigo

« Reply #122 on: October 23, 2020, 06:51:30 PM »
There are a raft of people who are abusing the away ticket scheme, buying tickets to keep up their booking history, and to keep their privileges getting access to future tickets. The club know this, they've sent out various warnings, and tried to tweak the system to minimise it.

The post-covid world will require some sort of track and trace to allow fans back in. So it's being forced on all clubs for home games. But, clubs will also see it as a useful way to stop away ticket abuse.

So, get used to it. But also see it as an opportunity to improve fairness and access to away games longer term.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #123 on: October 23, 2020, 07:45:20 PM »
Seriously, if the club having a photo of you on record upsets you so much you can't have that many things to worry about in real life.  It's almost like some people like to find things to moan about.

I understand the transferring of tickets argument at some point in the future, but you can already get a prtint out ticket to pass on so I'm not sure why people are panicking even if (and it's a big IF) the club did decide to roll this out long term.

I take it that you won't mind being reminded of this every time you complain about anything at the Villa again, ever?
Not if I'm complaining about something that doesn't really impact on me or my experience in any meaningful way, no Dave.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #124 on: October 23, 2020, 07:58:47 PM »

I take it that you won't mind being reminded of this every time you complain about anything at the Villa again, ever?
Not if I'm complaining about something that doesn't really impact on me or my experience in any meaningful way, no Dave.

Let's see.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #125 on: October 23, 2020, 08:16:31 PM »
Why would the authorities care who turns up, so long as they're social distancing?

I am not picking on you, but I am genuinely absolutely amazed you have to ask this question. It's like you've never heard of contact tracing.

Are you Dido Harding? ;-)

It's a significant risk to have people back in stadiums in the first place, and also in a scenario where there is going to be a lot of money flying around for tickets on the black market and therefore amn extremely elevated risk that the people you think are there are actually not the people there if they do need to contact trace, thereby rendering the tracing pointless.

Football needs to prove it can effectively trace in the case of outbreaks, this seems entirely reasonable as a way of doing this.

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #126 on: October 23, 2020, 08:38:41 PM »
Cash is superb

Edit.... Er wrong thread...

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #127 on: October 23, 2020, 08:39:22 PM »
Cash is superb

I prefer it to buying tickets by card.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #128 on: October 23, 2020, 10:03:42 PM »
Why would the authorities care who turns up, so long as they're social distancing?

I am not picking on you, but I am genuinely absolutely amazed you have to ask this question. It's like you've never heard of contact tracing.

It's a significant risk to have people back in stadiums in the first place, and also in a scenario where there is going to be a lot of money flying around for tickets on the black market and therefore amn extremely elevated risk that the people you think are there are actually not the people there if they do need to contact trace, thereby rendering the tracing pointless.

Football needs to prove it can effectively trace in the case of outbreaks, this seems entirely reasonable as a way of doing this.

I've heard of contract tracing. You can do it without having your photo held on record. Same as they do everywhere else.

This is basically going to stop me ever attending any away game ever again and people wonder why I'm miffed?

Offline BC54 VFC

• GM : 29.05.2015
« Reply #129 on: October 23, 2020, 10:51:18 PM »
I'm with Chris on this one.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #130 on: October 24, 2020, 10:41:48 AM »

I've heard of contract tracing. You can do it without having your photo held on record. Same as they do everywhere else.

This is basically going to stop me ever attending any away game ever again and people wonder why I'm miffed?
I doubt they'll run it out long term.  But even if they did then in my book controlling the sale of away tickets so people can't play the system by buying them to pass on to mates even when they can't attend to keep up their sales history and maintain a closed shop is a good thing.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #131 on: October 24, 2020, 10:44:18 AM »

They haven't even mentioned away games yet.  It's a measure that all clubs are having to introduce in the event that a small proportion of fans can be readmitted.  It can only work in those circumstances.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #132 on: October 26, 2020, 10:54:21 AM »
Wholly unfair on disabled season ticket holders.
Some use two carers some use an agency to provide a carer for the game.
How is this going to work?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #133 on: October 26, 2020, 11:11:46 AM »

Maybe ask the club before declaring it unfair?

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #134 on: October 26, 2020, 11:18:51 AM »

Maybe ask the club before declaring it unfair?
I have, and I have not yet had a reply.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal