collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: NSWE Investment by Axl Rose
[Today at 04:59:04 AM]

Re: Peter McParland 90 today by ROBBO
[Today at 04:48:05 AM]

Re: Villa songs on Alexa by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 02:17:54 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Rory
[Today at 02:00:53 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:57:49 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:53:04 AM]

[Today at 01:49:02 AM]

[Today at 01:48:10 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Photo ID now required to purchase tickets  (Read 16096 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Photo ID now required to purchase tickets
« Reply #90 on: October 23, 2020, 09:41:39 AM »
Yeah I used to sit by a lady and one of her two sons, as the the two boys would take it in turns as one worked weekends the other worked nights. It worked well for them to share a ticket. This would stop some arrangement like that.

They are causing inconvenience to lots of fans for no benefit that I can see. Did they even consult with the Trust before coming out with these ideas?

BUT IT'S FOR COVID WHEN CAPACITY IS GOING TO BE DRASTICALLY REDUCED, NOT FOR THE SCENARIO YOU'VE JUST DESCRIBED!!!111

And why on earth would they consult with the Trust?

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #91 on: October 23, 2020, 10:00:36 AM »
With this and the ppv debate, it's coming across as there's a lot of people seemingly hell bent on doing their utmost to make sure they don't watch the Villa for as long as humanly possible.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #92 on: October 23, 2020, 10:10:23 AM »
Yeah I used to sit by a lady and one of her two sons, as the the two boys would take it in turns as one worked weekends the other worked nights. It worked well for them to share a ticket. This would stop some arrangement like that.

They are causing inconvenience to lots of fans for no benefit that I can see. Did they even consult with the Trust before coming out with these ideas?

BUT IT'S FOR COVID WHEN CAPACITY IS GOING TO BE DRASTICALLY REDUCED, NOT FOR THE SCENARIO YOU'VE JUST DESCRIBED!!!111

I don't know seems like good management and leadership to consult with your largest and most important stakeholders i.e us the supporters.

Offline Risso

« Reply #93 on: October 23, 2020, 10:10:37 AM »
If people don't want to comply with the ID requirements, they don't have to, and it'll increase the chances of somebody else getting a ticket in the ballot.  Win win.

Offline Risso

« Reply #94 on: October 23, 2020, 10:12:42 AM »
I don't know seems like good management and leadership to consult with your largest and most important stakeholders i.e us the supporters.

I'd normally agree if it was about the choice of pies or anything else that affects the normal match day experience.  But this isn't normal, and clubs are obviously having to demonstrate to the government that they're going above and beyond if there's going to be any chance of having even a few thousand fans let in.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #95 on: October 23, 2020, 10:17:41 AM »

I'd normally agree if it was about the choice of pies or anything else that affects the normal match day experience.  But this isn't normal, and clubs are obviously having to demonstrate to the government that they're going above and beyond if there's going to be any chance of having even a few thousand fans let in.

But it does affect the match going experience Risso as I'm being asked to do something I wouldn't normally have to. I totally accept the club has to do something and have no objection on the basis it helps with Covid compliance but a bit more consultation for me that as someone said earlier this isn't the thin end of the wedge and ID cards by the back door and I'm happy.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #96 on: October 23, 2020, 10:21:13 AM »
I'm not sure where the Trust come into it either. Besides, it's not as if the club hasn't consulted with fans. There was a survey sent out regarding returning to football matches a while back.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #97 on: October 23, 2020, 10:21:48 AM »
The majority of the adult population carry photo ID every day with little complaint.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #98 on: October 23, 2020, 10:47:11 AM »

If boy A's name and photo was on the ST and was pulled out of the ballot but it wasnt his turn to go, Boy B could no longer attend.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 10:48:52 AM by PeterWithe »

Offline Lastfootstamper

« Reply #99 on: October 23, 2020, 10:47:39 AM »
We're talking about a business whose current idea of 'using technology' is having someone draw lines on a telly. I reckon they're about 109 years away from having anything capable of performing facial recognition at a turnstile, and as far again from coming up with a reason as to why it's beneficial to them. Unless of course they decide to row back all the work of the last three decades in turning a visit to the football back from the pleasant family event it's become to the Stasi-dodging crumbling East Germany visit it often felt like before, just for the hell of it.

I can see people's arguments, but for the life of me I can't connect those objections to any benefit for the club.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #100 on: October 23, 2020, 10:50:30 AM »
I'm not sure where the Trust come into it either. Besides, it's not as if the club hasn't consulted with fans. There was a survey sent out regarding returning to football matches a while back.

The consultation didn't mention photo id, and get haven't spoken to the consultation group which they set up.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #101 on: October 23, 2020, 10:52:26 AM »
Whenever I think of ID cards and football I think of that little twat, Colin Moynihan. There’s no reason at all why photo I.D. Should be a requirement to watch a football match.

Offline Risso

« Reply #102 on: October 23, 2020, 10:57:54 AM »
Whenever I think of ID cards and football I think of that little twat, Colin Moynihan. There’s no reason at all why photo I.D. Should be a requirement to watch a football match.

I'd agree under normal circumstances, but then there is a global pandemic and all that.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #103 on: October 23, 2020, 11:06:48 AM »

When capacity is reduced the same people I mentioned will still want to split which matches they attend. It will only be season ticket holders who can apply, one brother will still presumably only be able to attend midweek games and one weekend games. Whether they're attending nineteen home games or four, the same principal applies.

And it won't just be for Covid, will it? Can you point me to the section of the email that mentions deleting photo details once we are at full capacity?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #104 on: October 23, 2020, 11:07:59 AM »

I'd agree under normal circumstances, but then there is a global pandemic and all that.

Can someone tell the World's governments that taking a photo is the cure? They've been wasting everyone's time pissing about trying to find a vaccine.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal