collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Fan Voted Player of the Year by stevo_st
[May 01, 2024, 11:45:52 PM]

Player Discipline, Bookings and Suspension by Footy-Vill
[May 01, 2024, 11:45:47 PM]

Villa Dreams and Superstitions by Footy-Vill
[May 01, 2024, 11:42:51 PM]

Champions League Contention by MalcolmP
[May 01, 2024, 11:29:40 PM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Rudy Can't Fail
[May 01, 2024, 11:09:02 PM]

NSWE Investment by PaulWinch again
[May 01, 2024, 10:57:51 PM]

Joe Gauci - Signed by Dogtanian
[May 01, 2024, 10:55:55 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Bad English
[May 01, 2024, 10:33:57 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world  (Read 518971 times)

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
Think we’ll be ok Olsen is defo ready to make the step up to first team keeper

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
The great thing about not bothering with Emi Martinez rumours on Twitter or elsewhere is that I am blissfully unperturbed by any of it.  Que sera sera.

Offline wince

Fuck the rumours. Must be a slow news week for the football

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
The thing about Twitter is it's full of bullshit and somehow people believe what they read on it. The mind boggles.

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
The rumours are ramping up about him wanting to leave in the summer.  It's all over Twitter.

I don't see any reason why we would contemplate selling him this window and tbh with the likely progress we will make in the summer I'm not convinced he would push to go.

Lot's of people saying cash in and get the next big thing.  People quickly forget how hard it is to get a great keeper.  We've spent millions on three international keepers who were all shite.  Arsenal are making do with Ramsdale, Chelsea have spent over £100m and still aren't happy, Spurs have kept a past it Lloris for two years too long.  You can't just find a great replacement.  It doesn't work like that with keepers.

<edit> I see this is being discussed in the transfers thread
No idea about the truth of the original statement.  But it’s not ramping up - it’s just getting shared.  The viral nature of it is Thursday rumour has been multiplied via resharing

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
Even some of the red tops are running the story, the Daily Smearer even suggests that ‘bigger clubs’ are in for him and then mention Chelsea and Spurs so all credibility lost. Not that it’s a credible story anyway as it’s emanated from 1 Argentine Twitter account with zero credibility.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
My gut feeling is that other clubs will sound him out but don't think he'll go, due to the asking price being too high and Emi not really wanting to leave. Then Yanited or Spurs will end up signing the Brentford keeper.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
If he did go, and I hope he doesn’t and don’t think he will, that Brentford keeper is where we should look to replace him.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
How exactly are we going to improve by selling players who are far and away better than anyone who could replace them? Why are we even talking about it?

Offline frank black

How exactly are we going to improve by selling players who are far and away better than anyone who could replace them? Why are we even talking about it?

Absolutely, it’s just media noise. He’s staying and becoming legendary

Offline edgysatsuma89

Well to be fair if it's in the press then it's going to be talked about on his thread. I'm pretty certain he won't go but naturally you're going to imagine who you'd replace him with.

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
Well what you do is you spend the money on 3 players who combined add in everyt..... erm

Online Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
Other than the pen he was great today.

Long live Dibu 🇦🇷

Offline LukeJames

What a save from the Kane one on one, he buries those 9 times out of 10.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
I wonder if Emery does really want Martinez?
And also does Martinez really want to stay.

These are the key questions which will be answered over time.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal