collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world  (Read 513580 times)

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
Re: Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner
« Reply #3015 on: January 26, 2023, 11:38:07 AM »
Named 20th in the World's Top 100 Male Players in the Guradian:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2023/jan/24/the-100-best-male-footballers-in-the-world-2022

I do fear we will lose him in the summer with a silly bid.

Bayern are an obvious one. ManU if they don't retain DeGea.

Bayern won't be buying him - they've just signed Yann Sommer for £10m. No way they're spending six or seven times that on Emi.

As I see it, he either goes to Man Utd or he stays with us. There's no other realistic destination for him.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #3016 on: January 26, 2023, 11:40:53 AM »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2023/jan/24/the-100-best-male-footballers-in-the-world-2022

Bayern won't be buying him - they've just signed Yann Sommer for £10m. No way they're spending six or seven times that on Emi.

As I see it, he either goes to Man Utd or he stays with us. There's no other realistic destination for him.

Well Spurs need a new keeper, and Chelsea aren't averse to slinging money around needlessly.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #3017 on: January 26, 2023, 11:49:12 AM »

Well Spurs need a new keeper

£5m plus Michel Vorm it is then.

Online Dave

« Reply #3018 on: January 26, 2023, 11:51:46 AM »

Well Spurs need a new keeper, and Chelsea aren't averse to slinging money around needlessly.

Don't see it with Spurs. They do need a new keeper, I just don't see them obliterating their transfer record to sign a thirty year old one, however great he is.

I guess Chelsea wouldn't be impossible, but if they decided they weren't happy with Mendy for some reason then I imagine Brighton would have more to worry about losing Sanchez than we would losing Emi. Then again, it's not like they're making much sense at the moment.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 11:53:32 AM by Dave »

Offline Risso

« Reply #3019 on: January 26, 2023, 12:00:55 PM »

Don't see it with Spurs. They do need a new keeper, I just don't see them obliterating their transfer record to sign a thirty year old one, however great he is.

I guess Chelsea wouldn't be impossible, but if they decided they weren't happy with Mendy for some reason then I imagine Brighton would have more to worry about losing Sanchez than we would losing Emi. Then again, it's not like they're making much sense at the moment.

With Spurs a lot would depend on them getting into the top 4 or not, which second half of the season I think will come down to a two way fight betweenn them and Newcastle. If they finish 5th or lower then that would rule them out completely. If they do scrape 4th, well being in the Champions League might make them, and Emi, think about it.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #3020 on: January 26, 2023, 12:02:03 PM »
There's no chance Spurs would come close to the sort of fee we'd be demanding, Chelsea and Man U are the 2 that could be a problem but I can't really see it with either of them right now.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #3021 on: January 26, 2023, 12:04:21 PM »
There's no chance Spurs would come close to the sort of fee we'd be demanding, Chelsea and Man U are the 2 that could be a problem but I can't really see it with either of them right now.

He was at Arsenal for 10 years too, I don't think Spurs would appeal much to him.

Offline Risso

« Reply #3022 on: January 26, 2023, 12:05:25 PM »

They've not long paid £60m for Richarlison, so you couldn't rule them out.

Offline Risso

« Reply #3023 on: January 26, 2023, 12:06:13 PM »

He was at Arsenal for 10 years too, I don't think Spurs would appeal much to him.

He's doesn't appear to have retained much affection for them though.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #3024 on: January 26, 2023, 12:12:43 PM »

That's a big part of why I can't see it happening. They threw out that much money on a guy who's been pretty disappointing, Levy won't have slept well for weeks after that.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #3025 on: January 26, 2023, 12:15:29 PM »
Sanchez and Raya are likely to be goalkeeping targets for those Premier League sides requiring more in that dept. Martinez would fall in the PSG / RM / Barcelona / MU bracket.

Online Dave

« Reply #3026 on: January 26, 2023, 12:22:00 PM »

That's a big part of why I can't see it happening. They threw out that much money on a guy who's been pretty disappointing, Levy won't have slept well for weeks after that.

Another thing for Spurs to be thinking of when decided where to throw their money this summer - with Kane only having a year left on his contract and being pretty clear about wanting to leave last summer, they might want to wonder how they're replacing that thirty or so goals before chucking silly money at a new goalkeeper.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #3027 on: January 26, 2023, 08:10:57 PM »
What’s happened to Mendy at Chelsea is he injured or just bombed out?

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #3028 on: January 26, 2023, 08:16:23 PM »
Injured

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #3029 on: January 26, 2023, 08:37:49 PM »

De Gea is offering to reduce his wages - from what I’ve read - so I’d think that will sort itself out.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal