collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world  (Read 502364 times)

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
Re: Emiliano Martinez
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2020, 03:45:36 PM »
Any signing we make this summer should be to improve the team not the squad.  Martinez would be our number 1 for sure. 

Offline danno

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2020, 03:47:50 PM »
If it happens I'm glad we're getting somebody who wants to leave to establish themselves as number one, rather than say Romero who we'd probably have had to drag out of Old Trafford kicking and screaming.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2020, 03:58:03 PM »
Any signing we make this summer should be to improve the team not the squad.  Martinez would be our number 1 for sure. 

Well it does both. I don't care whether Heaton or Martinez starts so long as whoever is in plays well and if we have a injury the replacement isn't a huge drop in quality as is the case right now.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2020, 04:24:29 PM »
If it happens I'm glad we're getting somebody who wants to leave to establish themselves as number one, rather than say Romero who we'd probably have had to drag out of Old Trafford kicking and screaming.
Exactly, fantastic that a player is more concerned about his career and regular game time than just picking up money.  Sounds like we'll have a highly motivated keeper desperate to hold onto the jersey.

Offline tim

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2020, 04:42:21 PM »
Couple of Arse loving friends are genuinely disappointed at the loss of Martinez - they both said he should be staying and also a realistic first choice for them.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2020, 05:49:39 PM »
I was at that match when Big Ron came on and did his announcement re Deano although I can't remember off hand which match it was?

Palace at home. The next home game was Liverpool
Ah cheers LeeB, appreciate it. I'd have never have named Palace off the top of my head. 18 years ago and I couldn't remember the team or the score from that day. I need to dig out my old season video tapes or get on Youtube (if they're there) and give my memory a bit of a much needed boost/refresher. I thankfully still remember that Ronnie Rosenthal miss though!

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2020, 06:03:16 PM »
I was at that match when Big Ron came on and did his announcement re Deano although I can't remember off hand which match it was?

Ah cheers LeeB, appreciate it. I'd have never have named Palace off the top of my head. 18 years ago and I couldn't remember the team or the score from that day. I need to dig out my old season video tapes or get on Youtube (if they're there) and give my memory a bit of a much needed boost/refresher. I thankfully still remember that Ronnie Rosenthal miss though!

Give your maths a refresher while you’re at it.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2020, 06:04:32 PM »
Not over the line yet, bit early for this!

Offline Chris_Jephcott

• http://www.facebook.com
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2020, 06:05:34 PM »
Brighton have also agreed personal terms now too apparently.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2020, 06:12:18 PM »
Hmmm. They have Matt Ryan already though, so not sure they would need him.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2020, 06:24:30 PM »

Give your maths a refresher while you’re at it.
Haha! I know just realised whilst I was putting the tea on! 28 years! Christ no wonder I can't remember it. And in my defence there was a hazy decade included in that time period.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2020, 06:25:58 PM »
Brighton have also agreed personal terms now too apparently.
Back on topic. Oh shit!

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2020, 06:29:34 PM »
Ryan in goal at Brighton is a decent keeper.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2020, 06:51:12 PM »
Couple of Arse loving friends are genuinely disappointed at the loss of Martinez - they both said he should be staying and also a realistic first choice for them.
Same here. I was chatting with a proper Gooner friend this afternoon and this is what he said: “ I love Martinez, proper old school keeper, gets involved, avoids poncy De Gea theatrics like he’s saving the world and really gives a shit. Would be gutted to lose him“

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2020, 07:08:04 PM »
Does De Gea act like he's saving the world? With his feet maybe.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal