collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ollie Watkins  (Read 456107 times)

Online Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
Re: Ollie Watkins (Aston Villa & England)
« Reply #915 on: March 18, 2021, 03:17:52 PM »
Given how highly Southgate rates pressing from his attacking players, it's no surprise to see Ollie called up - I can't think of a harder working forward in the league (English, or otherwise?).  I just hope he gets a chance to play, because I think he'll surprise a few with how good he is.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #916 on: March 18, 2021, 03:33:50 PM »
Great news and very well deserved.

Online SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #917 on: March 18, 2021, 03:35:03 PM »
Really pleased for the lad, he's worked his socks off in every game and fully deserves the call.

Well done Ollie!

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #918 on: March 18, 2021, 03:36:22 PM »
Absolutely delighted for Ollie. Fully deserved.

But someone please speak loud and slowly to me as to why Dier is in the squad and Konsa isn't? Dier, who cannot get a game for his club versus one of the most inform, exciting young CB talents in the PL today? And maybe to a slightly lesser degree Matt Targett, easily one of the best LB's in England right now.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #919 on: March 18, 2021, 03:43:54 PM »
Is it wrong to hope he doesn't play for England?

Don't want him getting injured, we can't replace him.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #920 on: March 18, 2021, 04:40:41 PM »
Yeah, would rather he took a well-deserved week off but delighted for him - Jack has said that he always asks him how Harry Kane trains and what he can learn from.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #921 on: March 18, 2021, 04:46:43 PM »
Brilliant . Deserving of a call up and should be getting some minutes v San Marino at least and some goals!

Offline nevillain

« Reply #922 on: March 18, 2021, 04:47:30 PM »
[quote author=Toronto Villa link=topic=61241.msg3930611#msg3930611 date=

But someone please speak loud and slowly to me as to why Dier is in the squad and Konsa isn't? Dier, who cannot get a game for his club versus one of the most inform, exciting young CB talents in the PL today? And maybe to a slightly lesser degree Matt Targett, easily one of the best LB's in England right now.
[/quote]

Because Southgate is a short sighted cnut

Offline Russ aka Big Nose

« Reply #923 on: March 18, 2021, 05:00:15 PM »
Well deserved and with three matches in quick succession, two of them 'easy' by international standards and Kane not long back from injury, I can see every reason for Ollie to start in at least one game.

If he plays he will be the 76th Villa player to represent England, taking us second equal with Corinthians and two players behind Spurzzz.

Hopefully Konza and Targett are not far behind in winning recognition. UTV.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #924 on: March 18, 2021, 05:31:17 PM »
Well deserved and with three matches in quick succession, two of them 'easy' by international standards and Kane not long back from injury, I can see every reason for Ollie to start in at least one game.

If he plays he will be the 76th Villa player to represent England, taking us second equal with Corinthians and two players behind Spurzzz.

Are you sure about that? We held the record for years so unless Corinthians have suddenly had a load more internationals I can't see how they've overtaken us.

Offline Russ aka Big Nose

« Reply #925 on: March 18, 2021, 05:42:50 PM »

Are you sure about that? We held the record for years so unless Corinthians have suddenly had a load more internationals I can't see how they've overtaken us.
As per this website: http://www.englandfootballonline.com/TeamClubs/MostPlyrs.html

Offline TelfordVilla

« Reply #926 on: March 18, 2021, 06:14:45 PM »
Has somebody re written the history books or have we been stuck in a time warp for so long that we have been overtaken. When I was a lad 7 FA cup wins was 2 more than anyone else and seemed unlikely to ever be beaten. Ooops

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #927 on: March 18, 2021, 06:29:24 PM »
Fantastic news. Well deserved indeed, bet he’s well made up.

Online Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #928 on: March 18, 2021, 06:45:58 PM »

As per this website: http://www.englandfootballonline.com/TeamClubs/MostPlyrs.html

If you click on the Corinthians link there's a lot of players included "with" another team so I don't think they were necessarily playing for Corinthians when they played for England. Didn't realise Spurs had overtaken us.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #929 on: March 18, 2021, 06:48:48 PM »
I'm pleased for him but on the fence as if he is really ready  for international football.  He seems a sensible lad and I don't think it will go to his head mind.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal