collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ollie Watkins  (Read 455746 times)

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Ollie Watkins (Aston Villa & England)
« Reply #705 on: January 02, 2021, 05:19:02 AM »
Does not attack the space in front of goal, often goes in and then waits, gets marked.
Incredible work rate off the ball but does not time his runs into the danger areas.
Lacking cutting edge.

Hat trick goal vs Liverpool, goals vs Burton and Bristol City in the league cup, brave headed goal at Arsenal, goals disallowed vs West Ham and West Brom suggests he does attack the box and isn’t afraid getting into those positions.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #706 on: January 02, 2021, 06:49:53 AM »
Does not attack the space in front of goal, often goes in and then waits, gets marked.
Incredible work rate off the ball but does not time his runs into the danger areas.
Lacking cutting edge.

Hat trick goal vs Liverpool, goals vs Burton and Bristol City in the league cup, brave headed goal at Arsenal, goals disallowed vs West Ham and West Brom suggests he does attack the box and isn’t afraid getting into those positions.
I said danger areas, I am pointing out that he. Is not getting across his defenders, is not attacking the near post at all and is not getting on the end of crosses. He has missed a lot of chances over the last few games.

Online simboy

• GM : 05.11.2024
« Reply #707 on: January 02, 2021, 08:46:28 AM »
Thought he played well last night. Had a header brilliantly saved by De Gea and clearly gave the Yanited centre halves the run around. He’s quite isolated as a striker yet three of their back four booked says a helluva lot about how much pressure they were under from our attack. That has a lot to do with Watkins.

Going through a phase where he just needs to see one come off his backside into the net and he’s off scoring again.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #708 on: January 02, 2021, 08:58:43 AM »
Ollie Watkins is a fine player; one whom I have had in my fantasy team all season. He does so many good things and has clear goal instincts (watch his goals from the last couple of seasons to see a player who knows where he needs to be). My view is that he's not getting quite the right service from out wide: particularly from our right. Traore does not put the ball in quickly enough.
I think he would benefit from playing left of another striker. I was a great supporter of bringing Callum Wilson in over the summer. I wished we had done so, because the two of them would have scored shitloads together.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #709 on: January 02, 2021, 09:08:23 AM »
It find it hard to criticise anyone last night, we played well, worked hard and everyone did their bit. His touch was a little loose near the end but that was probably tiredness and maybe a little frustration from the coupe of chances he missed. The header was unlucky, he went the right way, the keeper done well with it.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #710 on: January 02, 2021, 09:18:28 AM »
I think he’s done bloody well. Let’s not forget he’s had two chalked off due to poor VAR calls. He nearly always forces a good save from the keeper every game. He needs a bit of luck, and also some opportunities to rest, but I’ve been really impressed.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #711 on: January 02, 2021, 10:11:47 AM »
He'll bang them in soon.

As soon as the service improves.
Mentioned last night, we're two first team players short of a top 6 team, both are wingers. Short that and we'll fly.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #712 on: January 02, 2021, 10:18:12 AM »
He'll bang them in soon.

Mentioned last night, we're two first team players short of a top 6 team, both are wingers. Short that and we'll fly.

You're right Mark.  El Ghazi has improved, but while his shooting is miles better, his all round play and creating chances for others is still not good enough. Traore, despite the goal, is mostly just a liability. Barkley makes us a much better team as Jack then plays in one of the wide spots.

Online Astnor

« Reply #713 on: January 02, 2021, 10:29:24 AM »
He used to be a winger. Put him on the right as we did in last minutes yesterday, he has pace, ball control and a lot positives about him. Kieran is Championship at best (sorry), get in a Peter White type to compete with Wesley as a number nine. Fixed :).

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #714 on: January 02, 2021, 11:18:47 AM »
He'll bang them in soon.

You're right Mark.  El Ghazi has improved, but while his shooting is miles better, his all round play and creating chances for others is still not good enough. Traore, despite the goal, is mostly just a liability. Barkley makes us a much better team as Jack then plays in one of the wide spots.

Yep. I agree with this. Barkley in the team last night in place of one or other would have made a big difference.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #715 on: January 02, 2021, 11:19:59 AM »
And Watkins is great and will only get better. He's doing the right things but they just aren't coming off.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #716 on: January 02, 2021, 11:31:35 AM »
I like him he's good on the ball puts a shift in every game and is a great team player

I just want to see him to trouble the goalie a bit more

when the ball goes wide to Watkins and he's about to deliver the ball into the box anyone else find themselves shouting at the tv 'what are you doing out there' he should be in and around the box more for me that's where the majority of goals are scored from

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #717 on: January 02, 2021, 12:17:48 PM »
I thought we put some fantastic balls into the box last night with 3 or 4 gilt-edged chances created. Watkins was in good positions but I think he needs more of a killer instinct in front goal. Gotta be more selfish and ruthless. I think he’ll be a great striker but he needs to find a nasty streak.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #718 on: January 02, 2021, 12:29:34 PM »
He'll bang them in soon.
Big question is Barkley's fitness: this hamstring of his has taken 6 weeks thus far; 7 if he were to play next week.
I agree he would provide us with the chance to play a more balanced team.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #719 on: January 02, 2021, 12:45:00 PM »
And Watkins is great and will only get better. He's doing the right things but they just aren't coming off.

Agree, just a matter of time. The second half against Palace took a lot out of him, where he lead the line brilliantly. 48 hours later Chelsea then 72 hours later manure, it’s hardly surprising that his performance looks tired.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal