collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ollie Watkins  (Read 455888 times)

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
Re: Ollie Watkins (Aston Villa & England)
« Reply #690 on: January 01, 2021, 10:43:36 PM »
Terrible tonight, three big chances missed and caught on his heels for a fine Cash cross in the first half. Confidence in the floor. Needs a break or one to bang in off his knee

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #691 on: January 01, 2021, 10:44:46 PM »
I like Ollie but I’d be going all out to get Diego Costa for the rest of this season so Ollie can be taken out of the firing line and Wes get up to speed. loan not splashing the cash. Won’t happen but Ollie needs a breather
I hear what you are saying but I don't want that toxic ****** anywhere near our club.

Toxic?

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #692 on: January 01, 2021, 10:44:51 PM »
He’s not had a bad game just not up to his high standard. He still caused problems. It’s a shame we have no one else and it’s a testament to him as he still works so hard for us. The goals will come I’m convinced.

Offline Lsvilla

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #693 on: January 01, 2021, 10:45:44 PM »
I like Ollie but I’d be going all out to get Diego Costa for the rest of this season so Ollie can be taken out of the firing line and Wes get up to speed. loan not splashing the cash. Won’t happen but Ollie needs a breather
I hear what you are saying but I don't want that toxic ****** anywhere near our club.
Maybe not the best example then but someone with his experience/nous that could come straight in and teach Ollie a few tricks of the trade whilst contributing on the pitch is what I want - admittedly a big ask and probably not achievable

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #694 on: January 01, 2021, 10:51:37 PM »
Looks tired now and needs a goal. I like him but I think he needs a rest. Lack of squad depth now starting to hurt us in this position.

Offline Uknowthescore

« Reply #695 on: January 01, 2021, 10:51:47 PM »
It’s only his second season as a striker and I think u can tell. We need a natural finisher who can give him some competition

Offline Allan C

« Reply #696 on: January 01, 2021, 10:58:50 PM »
I think he’s great and his work rate is as good as anyone we’ve had in that position for years but he clearly needs a rest now, The FA Cup is the ideal time for it.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #697 on: January 01, 2021, 11:02:26 PM »
I have to say, for the first time, Ollie got on my nerves a bit tonight.  Needs a goal. Ollie wasn't on his own though as I thought Traore was below par and El Ghazi returned to his usual self. Barkley coming back will make a difference.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #698 on: January 01, 2021, 11:05:52 PM »
I can't blame him at all. He's achieved way more than I ever imagined given he was signed from the Championship and he's run his bollocks off. Scored some super goals and two chalked off that in another era would have counted. He's running on fumes so of course he's not going to be as good. And he's played last two games against Chelsea and Man U. I think he's superb and tonight hasn't changed one thing for me. He needs help and a rest and Keinan Davis ain't it.

Offline Aldridge Villa

« Reply #699 on: January 01, 2021, 11:15:57 PM »
In full agreement Toronto

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #700 on: January 01, 2021, 11:29:01 PM »
He wasn’t quite as effective tonight but the lack of service he got from his wide attackers was non existent. The capabilities and quality of El Ghazi and Traore is the problem here not Ollie. Martial I thought was incredibly poor but contrast the service and quality from Fernandez and Pogba.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #701 on: January 01, 2021, 11:50:29 PM »
He wasn’t quite as effective tonight but the lack of service he got from his wide attackers was non existent. The capabilities and quality of El Ghazi and Traore is the problem here not Ollie. Martial I thought was incredibly poor but contrast the service and quality from Fernandez and Pogba.

Watkins missed three big chances and a top forward gets on that end of that brilliant Cash cross in the first half too. That's not remotely good enough and unfortunately for Watkins it has been that way for him for quite a while now.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #702 on: January 02, 2021, 12:16:03 AM »
Felt he looked a little tired towards the end. He's having a crazy run, gets in such good positions but just can't seem to finish at the moment. Be nice to have another forward in the squad to share the burden with.

Offline myf

« Reply #703 on: January 02, 2021, 12:39:47 AM »

Watkins missed three big chances and a top forward gets on that end of that brilliant Cash cross in the first half too. That's not remotely good enough and unfortunately for Watkins it has been that way for him for quite a while now.

I agree. he missed a few sitters against palace as well.

don't buy the lack of service point either. we put so many crosses, corners and free kicks in the box but he is rarely on the end of them and too often misses when he does get a chance. I wish he would attack the front post

Appreciate he works very hard and holds it up reasonably well but not convinced he is the striker we need to fire us into Europe.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #704 on: January 02, 2021, 04:58:40 AM »
Does not attack the space in front of goal, often goes in and then waits, gets marked.
Incredible work rate off the ball but does not time his runs into the danger areas.
Lacking cutting edge.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal