collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ollie Watkins  (Read 431500 times)

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
Re: Ollie Watkins (Aston Villa & England)
« Reply #600 on: December 20, 2020, 09:32:27 PM »
Ollie must be very frustrated. VAR, penalty misses and now two penalties taken and scored by AEG. He should have five more goals.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #601 on: December 20, 2020, 09:34:32 PM »
He’s working so hard for the team every week and really deserves far more credit. He’s going to be scoring for fun soon, his luck has to change.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #602 on: December 20, 2020, 09:40:03 PM »
When he does interviews, he comes across as a bright lad. That shows in the way he plays. His movement is very intelligent.

For Traore's goal today, he made a little run and took the defender with him which made the space for Traore to run into. Very clever movement.

Offline Keeno

• Twitter
« Reply #603 on: December 20, 2020, 09:51:09 PM »
He's a brilliant player. We've not had a striker so intelligent in his movement for years - the decoy run made that goal for Traore as it sent the centre back and Johnstone's eyes the wrong way, and summed up his selflessness and intelligence perfectly.

He might not have had the luck with the goals over the last few weeks, but him being in the side is one of the main reasons behind our massive improvement this season.

Offline jcsutv

« Reply #604 on: December 20, 2020, 10:02:39 PM »
It was a great run and I think if Traore had slotted the pass it was made for him. Think he would be great bulking up up like his athleticism. What a player.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #605 on: December 20, 2020, 10:21:08 PM »

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #606 on: December 20, 2020, 10:47:26 PM »
He's a brilliant player. We've not had a striker so intelligent in his movement for years - the decoy run made that goal for Traore as it sent the centre back and Johnstone's eyes the wrong way, and summed up his selflessness and intelligence perfectly.

He might not have had the luck with the goals over the last few weeks, but him being in the side is one of the main reasons behind our massive improvement this season.

Yeah, I've got a lot of time for him as well.  I like the fact that even if things aren't going his way, he still works hard and makes it difficult for defenders.  That said, he has had a lot on his shoulders this season with it being his first season in the top flight and with a big price tag to boot.  I said after the Burnley game and I think again tonight, that although he is doing fine, he looks like he could just do with a bit of a rest and then come back fresh and firing. 

Offline jcsutv

« Reply #607 on: December 20, 2020, 10:54:28 PM »
I can’t imagine he would agree with being rested. A key reason for our improvement this season.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 10:57:29 PM by jcsutv »

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #608 on: December 21, 2020, 09:39:37 AM »
Poor Ollie fractions from being awarded a goal but VAR deem otherwise.
That's 2 now and a miss pen which would have seen him with 9 in 12 and if he was on pens then another 2 given to AEG would be 11 in 12.
I dont think he should have been taken off pens.
Callum Wilson our target in summer takes pens and has a good number to his name. Because of his experience he's shown at this time to be the more effective striker this season. 8 in 12 goals to ollies 6.

And if we create the right chances for Ollie he will score goals. More play to the byline and low crosses are needed.

I did notice he likes to go pitchside left but somewhat crowded over there with AEG and Jackie liking that area when attacking.

I still see him on for 15+ goals and would like team to play to his strengths as he works hard for team and makes good runs and can link up well

These high balls where he's had to battle defenders are tough for him

Like a lot about him and so do the team mates who all celebrated affectionately when he scored 'goal' WBA

I'm expecting he'll do well for goals vs Man Utd and Cheslea away when Villa get space in behind on counters and quick transition of the ball

A haul is coming

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #609 on: December 21, 2020, 10:23:37 AM »
He's doing just fine.  Always involved, holds the ball up well, gets into positions, gets shots in.  Needs team mates to deliver better final balls into him.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #610 on: December 21, 2020, 10:33:23 AM »
Had a shocker of a first half yesterday . Ball bouncing off him against average defenders. Terrible touch when sent through by Grealish twice. That missed header was poor too.

Improved in the second half for sure, good decoy run for Traores goal. Good shot at one stage. Offside by milimeters for what would have been a much needed goal. Got more involved in the play too. Really needs to work on his first touch though, ball is getting stuck under his feet too much. Seems quite a strong guy so just needs to work his body more to protect the ball better.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #611 on: December 21, 2020, 02:14:33 PM »
Had a shocker of a first half yesterday . Ball bouncing off him against average defenders. Terrible touch when sent through by Grealish twice. That missed header was poor too.

Improved in the second half for sure, good decoy run for Traores goal. Good shot at one stage. Offside by milimeters for what would have been a much needed goal. Got more involved in the play too. Really needs to work on his first touch though, ball is getting stuck under his feet too much. Seems quite a strong guy so just needs to work his body more to protect the ball better.

Didn’t he cushion the header, while being marked by 2 defenders, to Bertie for our first goal?

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #612 on: December 21, 2020, 02:33:42 PM »
I thought he had a very good game throughout, the whole team did. It was a very very accomplished performance. The goal should have stood which would have rounded off his game and also which he deserved.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #613 on: December 21, 2020, 02:35:09 PM »
Ollie must be very frustrated. VAR, penalty misses and now two penalties taken and scored by AEG. He should have five more goals.

If you have seen Ollie's Penalty conversions stats, I'm glad AEG is taking them.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #614 on: December 21, 2020, 02:56:54 PM »
He's doing just fine.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal