collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Matty Cash - signed  (Read 85001 times)

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Re: Matty Cash - signed
« Reply #645 on: August 28, 2021, 09:21:47 PM »
I don't want Konsa to play at right back, but he was better than both Freddie and Cash when he played there last season.  I'm also not convinced by Cash.

I don't want Konsa to play at right back either even if he is the best player we have to play there.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #646 on: August 28, 2021, 11:41:08 PM »
Shocker of a second half today. Form has been a problem for quite some time. Needs dropping.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

« Reply #647 on: August 28, 2021, 11:51:45 PM »
He cost the price of a few Mars Bars. What do you expect? He's done us proud. Is he Kyle Walker? No. I like him but hope he can take it up a level this season. If not, we look to upgrade next summer providing we don't blow all the budget on a defensive midfielder.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #648 on: August 28, 2021, 11:55:47 PM »
Cash is top class on his day, as is Matt on the other flank. FB or WB, they can both be good.

Sadly, they are not consistent, which is why we got the loan of Walker and Bertrand who went on to better things. Both will come good.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

« Reply #649 on: August 29, 2021, 12:01:10 AM »
Cash is top class on his day, as is Matt on the other flank. FB or WB, they can both be good.

Sadly, they are not consistent, which is why we got the loan of Walker and Bertrand who went on to better things. Both will come good.

I think so too, especially Targett. He was pretty damn poor first season but last season he grew to be a man, held back in attack admittedly but a brilliant defender. Matty is still operating in panic mode, it's up to him to step up. He certainly has the passion.

Offline brontebilly

« Reply #650 on: August 29, 2021, 12:02:15 AM »
He cost the price of a few Mars Bars. What do you expect? He's done us proud. Is he Kyle Walker? No. I like him but hope he can take it up a level this season. If not, we look to upgrade next summer providing we don't blow all the budget on a defensive midfielder.

For the price of those Mars Bars, a lot better to be honest. I was hoping to see some evidence that he had improved his defensive decision making over the summer. If anything it's worse he is getting.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

« Reply #651 on: August 29, 2021, 12:07:44 AM »
Three games in. Judge him when we have a more settled side. As I said, he seems to invite trouble, he loves a fight, he'll give his all but now is not the time to judge him.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #652 on: August 29, 2021, 01:15:17 AM »
Since his injury his form has really dropped off. He's capable, but needs to improve fast.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #653 on: August 29, 2021, 07:42:41 AM »
Has rarely any competition at rb so thats to be expected. I think guilbert can certainly challe ge him for rb and he should be kept. But looks like smith doesnt fancy him

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #654 on: August 29, 2021, 08:30:46 AM »
He wasn’t amazing yesterday but I can’t say he stood out for me as a player who had a clearly noticeable shocker.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #655 on: August 29, 2021, 08:58:36 AM »
He wasn’t amazing yesterday but I can’t say he stood out for me as a player who had a clearly noticeable shocker.

Same here Richard.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #656 on: August 29, 2021, 09:57:31 AM »

I thought he did a lot of silly fouls and was getting out thought a lot of the time. His crossing was nit great. Average to poor game for me

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #657 on: August 29, 2021, 10:00:11 AM »

Same here Richard.

He wasn’t too bad yesterday, it was a tough game against their tempo and they are very direct which does cause problems. Brentford played well, although I think we edged the second half.

Offline Vegas

• Location: N Yorks (user name is 10+ years old and was only briefly true)
« Reply #658 on: August 29, 2021, 10:04:46 AM »
Same here. He was average yesterday. Our trouble yesterday wasn’t that anyone had a shocker, just that with all the injuries we had a bottom 6-level team all playing at a kind of 6 out of 10 level.

Offline brontebilly

« Reply #659 on: August 29, 2021, 10:09:09 AM »
He kept selling himself, getting touch tight with attackers when there was no need to like his yellow card. His habit of diving in is a habit of a poor defender, better ones take a step back and assess the situation like Konsa. Caught under a cross field ball badly at one point like you might see a hungover Sunday league right back doing. Brentford seemed to be targeting his side and other teams will continue to do it. For me it's just some of the defensive basics are not there and with the ball he isn't offering all that much either.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal