collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by algy
[Today at 01:05:47 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ducksworthy
[Today at 01:01:39 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by devilla
[Today at 01:00:58 PM]

Gordon Cowans by Flamingo Lane
[Today at 12:56:46 PM]

Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:46:19 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:23:44 PM]

Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Arsenal Post Match Thread  (Read 20678 times)

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
Re: Aston Villa v Arsenal Post Match Thread
« Reply #300 on: July 23, 2020, 12:53:38 PM »
Can we bring a halt to this now, please?

Shit, sorry, didn't spot this, I hope that last post isn't considered carrying it on.

Coward!

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #301 on: July 23, 2020, 12:54:15 PM »
Chancer!

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #302 on: July 23, 2020, 12:59:42 PM »
I also don't get the notion that if you've posted something negative/ critical in the past, you automatically have to balance that by posting something positive when the opportunity allows.

Like I said a few days back, it's about taking the rough with the smooth. If a poster is constantly going to find the down side  to everything and then can't take a few moments to make a positive comment when we have some success, then what's the point? Why partake in a hobby that makes you constantly miserable?

I don't think any Villa fan needs lessons on taking the rough with the smooth. It's generally been the more of the former for most of the time I can recall (which would be in keeping with most supporters outside of the elite clubs).

Also, posting on here for some might be an outlet.  They may be textbook examples of beaming positivity and good vibes when they're at Villa Park or on the road and then express doubts/ fears they have here and on other messageboards. How they respond here is not them supporting (or not supporting) the club in any way, shape or form.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #303 on: July 23, 2020, 01:55:46 PM »
It’s still not over and Sunday will be a nightmare, but I have to pipe up because it’s something that I’ve seen on here and has  pissed me off no end in the last few weeks.

The team might still not be good enough to stay up. Dean Smith might still be tactically naive and have not made the right decisions at the right time. But anyone who has said this team don’t have bollocks, don’t work hard enough or don’t care enough is just fucking wrong. We’ve had enough piss takers in the last ten years. and this team are not that.  So anyone who has called the manager or any of the players cowards in the last month, then it’s about time you apologised.

I called Mings a coward - mainly for bottling a challenge that resulted in a goal instead of throwing himself in the way. I also commented on him (possibly) thinking more about his profile that the team. I stand by all of that.

What i will say is that there is zero % evidence of discord in the camp with any player, with players towards the coaches or tactics.

They may not be good enough (players and coaches) but if we go down it will not be because they gave up or were charlatans like the last time.

As for Jacks interview - i thought it was crass that the question was asked and to be honest what other answer could he provide?

If he acts like Delph and pledges allegiance to the club and Real Madrid offered him a gazillion quid to join - i would think he was a mug to not go

If he says he is to go - we all turn on him with a game to play.
Anyone with a brain will know that depending on where we play next year will dictate where he and others will be playing next season

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal