collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[April 28, 2024, 11:47:33 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[April 28, 2024, 11:20:28 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[April 28, 2024, 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[April 28, 2024, 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[April 28, 2024, 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[April 28, 2024, 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[April 28, 2024, 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[April 28, 2024, 10:54:37 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[April 28, 2024, 11:47:33 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Skerra
[April 28, 2024, 11:28:45 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[April 28, 2024, 11:20:28 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[April 28, 2024, 11:19:47 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Toronto Villa
[April 28, 2024, 11:16:07 PM]

Re: Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[April 28, 2024, 11:15:52 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by VillaTim
[April 28, 2024, 11:14:59 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Rudy Can't Fail
[April 28, 2024, 11:14:18 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Arsenal Post Match Thread  (Read 20945 times)

Offline dorsetvillian

• GM : PCM
Re: Aston Villa v Arsenal Post Match Thread
« Reply #270 on: July 23, 2020, 08:24:04 AM »
You just know Aresenal and Everton won't do us any favours. Its going to be torture..

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #271 on: July 23, 2020, 09:26:57 AM »
It’s still not over and Sunday will be a nightmare, but I have to pipe up because it’s something that I’ve seen on here and has  pissed me off no end in the last few weeks.

The team might still not be good enough to stay up. Dean Smith might still be tactically naive and have not made the right decisions at the right time. But anyone who has said this team don’t have bollocks, don’t work hard enough or don’t care enough is just fucking wrong. We’ve had enough piss takers in the last ten years. and this team are not that.  So anyone who has called the manager or any of the players cowards in the last month, then it’s about time you apologised.
I'm with Pat. 

Online The Edge

« Reply #272 on: July 23, 2020, 10:05:27 AM »
Henry Winter has written something nice about us!

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/trezeguet-triggers-hopes-of-great-aston-villa-escape-after-shock-win-over-arsenal-h2kmdrpgq?shareToken=a0c490916d29a8159ede152f4270483c

I hope that works
Cracking report that is. And reading the comments afterwards which I usually do I had to laugh at the one bluenose who had to read the whole article plus comments just to leave a snidey comment. What a Villa obsessed twat.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #273 on: July 23, 2020, 10:11:25 AM »
People who only show up to say "I told you so" after a poor result and then disappear when times are good get absolute pelters on here.

But when the tables are turned and it's Smith supporters coming out of the woodwork to shame those who have doubted him or criticised the team, the halos shine bright; they are the true fans.

Hmmmm.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 10:15:50 AM by AsTallAsLions »

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #274 on: July 23, 2020, 10:12:50 AM »
Henry Winter has written something nice about us!

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/trezeguet-triggers-hopes-of-great-aston-villa-escape-after-shock-win-over-arsenal-h2kmdrpgq?shareToken=a0c490916d29a8159ede152f4270483c

I hope that works

A lovely read.

I haven't finished listening to it yet but, for the first time in memory looking to listen to something Villa the morning after, I foolishly resorted to streaming talksport. 

Futile mistake. This is what should have soundtracked the morning nappy change:

39 mins of Beeb radio to stream
Is the great escape on for Villa? https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08lgtnf

One further point of information.
Trez lashed that goal in.
I've not seen anyone correctly describe it. It was fast even in action replay.
So he lashed it.
The full Partidge if you like https://youtu.be/mGLSeWYCggw

Thanks for posting, I enjoyed listening to that.
I agree about the full Partridge! Great to see that again.

Offline Lastfootstamper

« Reply #275 on: July 23, 2020, 10:16:32 AM »
People who only show up to say "I told you say" after a poor result and then disappear when times are good get absolute pelters on here.

But when the tables are turned and it's Smith supporters coming out of the woodwork to shame those who have doubted him, the halos shine bright; they are the true fans.

Hmmmm.

Who's come out of the woodwork, then?

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #276 on: July 23, 2020, 10:25:56 AM »
People who only show up to say "I told you say" after a poor result and then disappear when times are good get absolute pelters on here.

But when the tables are turned and it's Smith supporters coming out of the woodwork to shame those who have doubted him, the halos shine bright; they are the true fans.

Hmmmm.

Who's come out of the woodwork, then?

It's plainly obvious if you go back through this thread, there's been more than 1.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #277 on: July 23, 2020, 10:27:12 AM »
People who only show up to say "I told you so" after a poor result and then disappear when times are good get absolute pelters on here.

But when the tables are turned and it's Smith supporters coming out of the woodwork to shame those who have doubted him or criticised the team, the halos shine bright; they are the true fans.

Hmmmm.

Any chance that you might give your perpetual victimhood a rest?

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #278 on: July 23, 2020, 10:37:48 AM »

Hmmmm.

I'm not a victim of anything, I've been here through the bad times and the good over the last several seasons, I've been wrong on some things and I've been right on other things, it's not about me.

One of your fellow staffers made a comment on another thread not too long ago lambasting the erstwhile 'supporters' who dared have a pop at our manager and/or players before certain games and then disappear into the ether when those fixtures turned into victory. When I asked who they were referring to they said they wouldn't name names but referred to the threads and said it was easy to figure out, so I'm doing the same here in reverse to point out the hypocrisy now that the tables have turned.

Somebody has to, since you and some of the other mods are busy applauding those who are now coming on here and giving it large after an unlikely victory. It's fantastic that we beat Arsenal and have a fighting chance of survival; it's totally ridiculous to use a win as a stick to beat other supporters with.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we all bleed claret and blue here, we all want the club to stay up and do well. Nobody wants the club relegated. I don't understand why you insist on policing other posters' level of confidence in a given regime, or their optimism around future results. It's redundant.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #279 on: July 23, 2020, 10:47:09 AM »
I also don't get the notion that if you've posted something negative/ critical in the past, you automatically have to balance that by posting something positive when the opportunity allows.

Who is keeping tally with this. And will it have a league table format.

I hope I am positive and give credit when it's due, but I accept some are permanently glass half empty/ pessimist types whereas others 'didn't see a problem really' even when the club was clearly hitting the skids from 2011 onwards. Vive la différence.

Online The Edge

« Reply #280 on: July 23, 2020, 10:54:22 AM »

Hmmmm.

I'm not a victim of anything, I've been here through the bad times and the good over the last several seasons, I've been wrong on some things and I've been right on other things, it's not about me.

One of your fellow staffers made a comment on another thread not too long ago lambasting the erstwhile 'supporters' who dared have a pop at our manager and/or players before certain games and then disappear into the ether when those fixtures turned into victory. When I asked who they were referring to they said they wouldn't name names but referred to the threads and said it was easy to figure out, so I'm doing the same here in reverse to point out the hypocrisy now that the tables have turned.

Somebody has to, since you and some of the other mods are busy applauding those who are now coming on here and giving it large after an unlikely victory. It's fantastic that we beat Arsenal and have a fighting chance of survival; it's totally ridiculous to use a win as a stick to beat other supporters with.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we all bleed claret and blue here, we all want the club to stay up and do well. Nobody wants the club relegated. I don't understand why you insist on policing other posters' level of confidence in a given regime, or their optimism around future results. It's redundant.
This post is redundant. We had our little spats on here prior to the Arsenal game and I think that's mainly down to us all feeling the pressure of our predicament. It's done now because we beat them. Now we have one final push to secure our unlikely place in the Premier league next season. Can we not just pull together for Sunday? I'm a great believer in the power of positive thinking. UTV.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #281 on: July 23, 2020, 10:57:43 AM »

Hmmmm.
If you're on about Pats post then you need to read it again.  It's not happy clapping it's calling out people who love to trot out the 'coward' accusation at every setback.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #282 on: July 23, 2020, 10:58:24 AM »

Hmmmm.

If you're not a victim then why act like one? And please stop playing the innocent - it's getting very tiresome.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #283 on: July 23, 2020, 11:01:19 AM »

That's not 'policing' though is it? No-one has been stopped from posting or banned because they don't have confidence in the manager.

That's a poster (mod or otherwise) posting their opinion on what other posters have said.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 11:09:04 AM by SheffieldVillain »

Offline wince

« Reply #284 on: July 23, 2020, 11:20:04 AM »
I’m a sillhillian born brummie. I spend most of my life whinging. It’s what we do.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal