collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Manchester United Post Match Thread  (Read 17867 times)

Online Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
Re: Aston Villa v Manchester United Post Match Thread
« Reply #105 on: July 09, 2020, 11:14:04 PM »
What did Smith say to the players at half time, judging by their 2nd half performance, forget attacking just let them have the ball and hopefully they won't score anymore. Giving him the long term contract in November was a very poor decision, it was made far too early in season.

Watching Villa gets even more depressing as each game goes by, tonight was no exception. Need a minimum of 8 points to avoid the drop, it ain't gonna happen.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #106 on: July 09, 2020, 11:17:57 PM »
I posted this in the match thread and on the McGinn thread too, but fuck it, look at this. This entire season summed up in a few seconds

https://twitter.com/PunjabiVillans/status/1281328950732558342?s=20

Offline Le Lapin

• GM : 14.10.2022
« Reply #107 on: July 09, 2020, 11:18:40 PM »
Hole End was quiet, they could have got behind the lads more.
Who knows, that might have made the difference as it was on a knife edge.
Our never say die attitude is commendable, really proud of those lads, run through brick walls they would you know

Beautifully put.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #108 on: July 09, 2020, 11:22:52 PM »
That Trezeguet chance off the outside of the post; he had runners either side of him but chose the Hollywood option. He's a child.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #109 on: July 09, 2020, 11:24:43 PM »
That Trezeguet chance off the outside of the post; he had runners either side of him but chose the Hollywood option. He's a child.

Yeah he's got loads of twitter followers in Egypt, he's really famous over there, he's mates with Mo Salah.

He could really put us on the social media map.

Same with Samatta and Tanazania.

Offline The Moose

• GM : 03.08.2016
« Reply #110 on: July 09, 2020, 11:26:56 PM »
Same with Dean Smith and Great Barr?

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #111 on: July 09, 2020, 11:27:29 PM »
I decided to watch it again on motd as I'm a bit of a masochist. Dublin and Cahill both called that pen a joke and pointed out that absolutely no-one who had ever played football would think that was a pen. Cue Solskjaer "I thought it was a pen" I shouted "fuck off ollie" at the telly which scared the bejeesus out of my sleeping Mrs. With that kind of one eyed myopia I think the new Fergie has arrived at OT. Just something else to ruin my already ruined evening. 

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #112 on: July 09, 2020, 11:29:16 PM »

He should have scored.  He had all the time in the world to pick a spot.  Could have taken it into the area and smashed it.  Useless. He still reminds of the kid who won the rattle prize to play a game of football with his favourite team.

Offline myf

« Reply #113 on: July 09, 2020, 11:29:43 PM »

5 minutes before, ball falls to him in box after miss by a defender. totally unprepared for it and rushes past him.

left on pitch for 90 minutes in 2 consecutive games in 5 days

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #114 on: July 09, 2020, 11:30:17 PM »
While we got nothing more than we deserved, there has been a pattern this season of being on the wrong end of some incredibly inept referring decisions and a distinct failure from VAR to correct the "clear and obvious" errors.  Yet zealously spending 5 minutes plus ruling out many a goal because someone's eyelash has strayed a millimetre offside. 

Jon Moss has now been guilty of denying us a blatant penalty at Arsenal and awarding ManYew an absolute joke of a penalty against us.  And VAR scandalously back his monumentally obvious fuck-ups to the hilt.  Unbelievable.  It's difficult enough when you are as shit and insipid as Villa are without having the officials and their video equipment conspire against you.  I mean what is the fucking point of VAR when they can't correct something as obvious as that? 

And then you see Bournemouth get away with a blatant penalty against Kane.

They are now saying both were wrong decisions, as was the penalty for Southampton against Everton.  Three in three games. I repeat, what's the fucking point of VAR?   

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #115 on: July 09, 2020, 11:31:50 PM »
Same with Dean Smith and Great Barr?
Yes but first you have to wait till electricity is available in Great Barr.

Online Proposition Joe

« Reply #116 on: July 09, 2020, 11:34:17 PM »
Seriously, are Davis and Samatta the best two fit strikers we have at the club? They are an absolute horror show week in, week out. Watching them is like a magnet to a battery on my very soul.

Samatta is dreadful. All those fans back in Tanzania going mad about him. I'm very curious what they all see. Shockingly bad.

He looks depressed, for want of a better word, since the season restarted. I wonder how much support he got during lockdown.

But when you see Jack volley over when he could have squared it for a tap in, you are not going to feel great about things.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #117 on: July 09, 2020, 11:37:29 PM »
To secure a place in the top half of the Premiership you have to be motivated, focussed, hard, fit, ruthless, utterly devoid of pity for the opposition, devoid of sentiment, ambitious and driven.  We are none of those things.  We are weak, lazy, self excusing, moody, unfit (yes I am looking at you McGinn), unmotivated and cowardly.
I don’t quite agree.
We are the polite, nice, agreeable, meek, bland team in the division.

The Ned Flanders of football.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #118 on: July 09, 2020, 11:38:59 PM »
Confirmed that the penalty was the wrong decision

https://twitter.com/BBCMOTD/status/1281348216299159553

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal