collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dave
[Today at 01:37:11 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 01:36:50 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[Today at 01:31:49 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by dave.woodhall
[Today at 01:23:49 PM]

Diego Carlos by OCD
[Today at 01:21:52 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 01:10:53 PM]

NSWE Investment by The Edge
[Today at 01:10:39 PM]

Peter McParland 90 today by Footy-Vill
[Today at 12:48:15 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dave
[Today at 01:37:11 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 01:36:50 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:36:07 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by lovejoy
[Today at 01:35:37 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:34:14 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:33:29 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by nigel
[Today at 01:32:08 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[Today at 01:31:49 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Manchester United Post Match Thread  (Read 18025 times)

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
Re: Aston Villa v Manchester United Post Match Thread
« Reply #75 on: July 09, 2020, 10:49:04 PM »
It could easily have been 6, we were that poor.  And Man Utd didn't even have reach third gear.  1 shot on target in 90 minutes is shameful.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #76 on: July 09, 2020, 10:49:06 PM »
You will struggle to find me critical of a Villa manager on here since the Bolton defeat in April 2012.

But I'm done with him. Smith can go tonight and he can take Terry with him.

While we are at it, they should take all this Part of the Pride shit down. Serving up this tripe on the pitch surrounded by 20 foot high banners talking about Pride is laughable and embarrassing.

Probably further back for me, think it was just Chris Smith and I defending DOL back in the day. However I too am sick to the teeth of what seems to have been constant misery since the Burnley game. In a strange way I'm looking forward to the Championship and a few away days where we might win (Covid permitting) but whatever we get from sales this summer please allocate a good chunk of it to attract a decent, experienced manager who won't be cowed by the challenge.

Online ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #77 on: July 09, 2020, 10:49:14 PM »
When fat Sams name has been put up many hold their noses but he would never have stood for such an insipid performance. Some Villa players are now looking for the exit and i put Grealish at the head of them, sack him now there is still a sliver of a chance, with himm no chance.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #78 on: July 09, 2020, 10:50:01 PM »
I'll caveat my comments with an apology for repeating myself.

I thought we'd lose, but I expected a defeat like Sunday. Competitive.

I felt we got a performance at the start. Energy, pressing, having a go, creating openings, putting good balls in.

Then we're cheated. No ifs or buts. Cheated by a fat c*** like Moss. And I went fucking spare. Absolutely mental. My wife gave up telling me to stop swearing, I called my old man up and went fucking barmy down the phone. Livid does not cut it.

But we weren't. We weren't angry, we were meek. Soft. Accepting our fate. And that is inexcusable and unforgivable. If that shirt means anything or your professional pride counts for a jot, you do not fucking react like we did.

Mings- the defending was appalling. Grealish, the samecriminal schoolboy cowardice. Do not turn your back you twat, you get fucking hit. But you don't. You bottle it and let that odious wanker Pogba pick his spot.

I am infuriated with how passive we were, how stand offish how utterly fucking craven we were.

What happens on Sunday if it doesn't go our way? Fucking hell Villa.

Weak and I cannot abide that. I'll accept not being good enough (to a point), but I cannot accept surrendering. Ever.
Have to tip my cap to this. Sums them up perfectly.  I was so angry with the pen but that was nothing compared to how angry I was at the reaction of our players. Someone should have been screaming in the face of Fernandez "you cheating bastard" But nothing but a bit of arm waving at the ref. There's a soft underbelly there that's very hard to take.

Agree completely with Ads  My daughter was winding me up as I was getting so mad and frustrated. I thought 2015 was bad. This is worse

Offline Proposition Joe

« Reply #79 on: July 09, 2020, 10:50:51 PM »
This fixture for me is always pretty much summed up by the last entry in Kenneth Williams' diaries.

I did stick with it until the penalty, at which point Williams' words came back to me again and I did something else.

The tone for this season was well and truly set in the Spurs game on the first day. Would we see a Villa in a different mould from the meek teams we're used to, that never lay a glove on the top teams? For the briefest of periods it looked like it, but then capitulation brought on by a lack of belief.  Just like we've seen again and again over the years.

On the plus side, it will be at least one season until we play fucking ManUre again. I didn't miss it.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #80 on: July 09, 2020, 10:50:59 PM »
A few have all ready gone, it could get ugly.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #81 on: July 09, 2020, 10:52:08 PM »
I wish it didn't still piss me off so much.

Online Nii Lamptey

« Reply #82 on: July 09, 2020, 10:52:17 PM »
3 nil flattered us.

Mings, Mcginn and Grealish all pathetic.

Had it with Smith; 2 points from 30.
2 points from 30?!! Fucking hell! How are they still in a job!!?
I guess the one saving grace is that the season ticket holders got some of  their money back and didn’t have to sit there watching that drivel?

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #83 on: July 09, 2020, 10:52:27 PM »
Awful penalty decision, but an equally terrible capitulation after that.  We're clearly not good enough, but the lack of effort and desire shown tonight was inexcusable.

Why do we seem to have such an inferiority complex when we play the so called 'big' clubs?

Offline dl9

• It all began vs Eintracht Frankfurt......
« Reply #84 on: July 09, 2020, 10:53:11 PM »
A few have all ready gone, it could get ugly.

Love it.  Cos it isn’t already?

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #85 on: July 09, 2020, 10:53:38 PM »
I'll caveat my comments with an apology for repeating myself.

I thought we'd lose, but I expected a defeat like Sunday. Competitive.

I felt we got a performance at the start. Energy, pressing, having a go, creating openings, putting good balls in.

Then we're cheated. No ifs or buts. Cheated by a fat c*** like Moss. And I went fucking spare. Absolutely mental. My wife gave up telling me to stop swearing, I called my old man up and went fucking barmy down the phone. Livid does not cut it.

But we weren't. We weren't angry, we were meek. Soft. Accepting our fate. And that is inexcusable and unforgivable. If that shirt means anything or your professional pride counts for a jot, you do not fucking react like we did.

Mings- the defending was appalling. Grealish, the samecriminal schoolboy cowardice. Do not turn your back you twat, you get fucking hit. But you don't. You bottle it and let that odious wanker Pogba pick his spot.

I am infuriated with how passive we were, how stand offish how utterly fucking craven we were.

What happens on Sunday if it doesn't go our way? Fucking hell Villa.

Weak and I cannot abide that. I'll accept not being good enough (to a point), but I cannot accept surrendering. Ever.

Welcome to the dark side.

Offline AlwaysVilla

« Reply #86 on: July 09, 2020, 10:54:21 PM »
Aston Villa boss Dean Smith, speaking to Sky Sports: "It unravelled with the first goal. We made a bright start, had some chances, they are always a threat on the counter but it all changed round on the penalty decision.

"I can understand Jon (Moss, referee) getting it wrong but I don't know what VAR are looking at - it's a disgraceful decision. They have a screen they can go and look at it but they don't seem to be bothered."

"Fernandes is trying a double drag back - his first touch is on the ball his second touch is on Ezri Konsa's shin. I won't tell you what I think...

"Unfortunately they were too good for us in the second half with that lead. The second goal was the one, the reaction after the first goal wasn't great, the second goal was the one. If you go in at 1-0 you can gather the troops and go again.

"That's the first time we've had a going over since Project Restart. We are running out of games, the games will be tough but if we get back to the way we have been playing we'll win

Draw your own conclusions...

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #87 on: July 09, 2020, 10:55:18 PM »
Goals change games and Man Utd getting given one changed this one. Terrible performance after going behind and perhaps that would have happened at some point but make no mistake VAR has fucked us.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #88 on: July 09, 2020, 10:56:30 PM »
When Smith took over last season he turned us into a niggly in your face team, contested every decision, drew clever free kicks, played the situation, we were professionally clever and other Championship fans fucking hated us for it.

Theres none of that this season, way too much respect shown to the opposition and I wonder how many of them truly believe they belong at this level.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #89 on: July 09, 2020, 10:56:47 PM »
The penalty was the worst decision I've seen all season, but we'd have lost anyway.  We really are very poor, and they're full of pace and power.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal