collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Diego Carlos by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 02:11:12 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Toronto Villa
[Today at 01:58:43 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by KevinGage
[Today at 01:57:17 AM]

Robin Olsen by colin69
[Today at 01:29:26 AM]

Champions League Contention by Chris Harte
[Today at 01:28:50 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:22:07 AM]

Ollie Watkins by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 01:14:04 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 01:08:54 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Manchester United Post Match Thread  (Read 18066 times)

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
Re: Aston Villa v Manchester United Post Match Thread
« Reply #90 on: July 09, 2020, 10:56:52 PM »
Aston Villa boss Dean Smith, speaking to Sky Sports: "It unravelled with the first goal. We made a bright start, had some chances, they are always a threat on the counter but it all changed round on the penalty decision.

"I can understand Jon (Moss, referee) getting it wrong but I don't know what VAR are looking at - it's a disgraceful decision. They have a screen they can go and look at it but they don't seem to be bothered."

"Fernandes is trying a double drag back - his first touch is on the ball his second touch is on Ezri Konsa's shin. I won't tell you what I think...

"Unfortunately they were too good for us in the second half with that lead. The second goal was the one, the reaction after the first goal wasn't great, the second goal was the one. If you go in at 1-0 you can gather the troops and go again.

"That's the first time we've had a going over since Project Restart. We are running out of games, the games will be tough but if we get back to the way we have been playing we'll win

Draw your own conclusions...

We'll win, so long as winning means we don't have to score and the goals we concede don't count.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #91 on: July 09, 2020, 10:58:12 PM »
"Go again"   That phrase rings a bell.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #92 on: July 09, 2020, 10:58:39 PM »
I'll caveat my comments with an apology for repeating myself.

I thought we'd lose, but I expected a defeat like Sunday. Competitive.

I felt we got a performance at the start. Energy, pressing, having a go, creating openings, putting good balls in.

Then we're cheated. No ifs or buts. Cheated by a fat c*** like Moss. And I went fucking spare. Absolutely mental. My wife gave up telling me to stop swearing, I called my old man up and went fucking barmy down the phone. Livid does not cut it.

But we weren't. We weren't angry, we were meek. Soft. Accepting our fate. And that is inexcusable and unforgivable. If that shirt means anything or your professional pride counts for a jot, you do not fucking react like we did.

Mings- the defending was appalling. Grealish, the samecriminal schoolboy cowardice. Do not turn your back you twat, you get fucking hit. But you don't. You bottle it and let that odious wanker Pogba pick his spot.

I am infuriated with how passive we were, how stand offish how utterly fucking craven we were.

What happens on Sunday if it doesn't go our way? Fucking hell Villa.

Weak and I cannot abide that. I'll accept not being good enough (to a point), but I cannot accept surrendering. Ever.
havent seen it, woke up checked the score and that was enough. Quality rant Ads

Offline Stinkin_Thinkin

« Reply #93 on: July 09, 2020, 10:58:48 PM »
If mings had fouled Martial on the half way line we'd probably go in at half time one nil. Just take the yellow.
Every game since restart has been a no show in the 2nd half. Even Chelsea when we had a lead to hold on to.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #94 on: July 09, 2020, 10:59:55 PM »
I thought, like most people, that Solskjaer wouldn't last two months into this season but he has now got them playing some very good stuff.  He really identified what they needed in January and he went and got it.  Unlike...

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #95 on: July 09, 2020, 11:01:01 PM »
Yeah I'm with Dean on what an awful decision that was but the other comments are very concerning. I can't motivate my players if they're two down. And how the fuck he thinks we're going to win the way we're playing I don't know.

Offline frank black

« Reply #96 on: July 09, 2020, 11:01:07 PM »
Deanos  clueless and pathetic looking talk at the 3rd quarter tea break really pissed me off. Lacking passion and looked at a complete loss. It looked like his half time talk may have been similar too... we’re gone

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #97 on: July 09, 2020, 11:01:22 PM »
Goals change games and Man Utd getting given one changed this one. Terrible performance after going behind and perhaps that would have happened at some point but make no mistake VAR has fucked us.
Our ability to piss good money up the wall on strikers and attackers who couldn’t hit a barn door with a banjo, midfielders who can’t tackle or pass a ball, defenders who can’t defend and a manager that can’t manage his way out of a paper bag is what has cost us, not VAR.
Most teams have had dubious decisions from VAR, but this should only serve as extra motivation for professional sportsmen, to right the wrong so to speak.
We just roll over and get our belly tickled.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #98 on: July 09, 2020, 11:02:37 PM »
I was happy with what I saw until the phantom penalty. Afterwards is stuff we've just seen in about 20 other games this seasons.

What's the betting now we'll turn up completely flat and feeling sorry for ourselves v Palace and lose that meekly 1-0.

Just hope once this is all over the people at the top have a proper grown up discussion about where they want this club in 5 years time. It's easy to sack the head coach and DOF and that will probably happen and neither would have a complaint but you need so much more to be a competitive top half premier league club and we've wasted that chance for another couple of years.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #99 on: July 09, 2020, 11:03:36 PM »
We can rant about VAR all we like. Yes it was a shocking decision and absolutely wrong. But we were categorically shit tonight outside of the first 10 mins, and a modicum of effort shown for one-ninth of a football match at this level gets you fucking nothing.

Smith is bollocks, 80% of the squad is bollocks, and like too many seasons before it we have a massive rebuilding job to do in the summer now, in a much shitter but equally unforgiving league.

Time to strap ourselves in, the "summer" or what's left of it will be a fairly painful time, particularly as we will have fuck all time to actually assemble a new squad.

Offline Richie

« Reply #100 on: July 09, 2020, 11:07:29 PM »
Absolutely pathetic. If you are going to lose a game, at least go down fighting. To give up like they did tonight is unforgivable.

Got to say as well, what is the actual point of VAR ? It’s obvious now that they will do everything possible to not overrule the decision the referee has made originally. Bournemouth get a vital point after a blatant shove on Kane isn’t overturned by it and we get done by a crap decision tonight. Up until that point, we were looking good and were right in it. The worrying thing is the way we completely collapsed after the decision went against us.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #101 on: July 09, 2020, 11:08:15 PM »
Seriously, are Davis and Samatta the best two fit strikers we have at the club? They are an absolute horror show week in, week out. Watching them is like a magnet to a battery on my very soul.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #102 on: July 09, 2020, 11:09:28 PM »
To secure a place in the top half of the Premiership you have to be motivated, focussed, hard, fit, ruthless, utterly devoid of pity for the opposition, devoid of sentiment, ambitious and driven.  We are none of those things.  We are weak, lazy, self excusing, moody, unfit (yes I am looking at you McGinn), unmotivated and cowardly.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #103 on: July 09, 2020, 11:11:57 PM »
Seriously, are Davis and Samatta the best two fit strikers we have at the club? They are an absolute horror show week in, week out. Watching them is like a magnet to a battery on my very soul.

Samatta is dreadful. All those fans back in Tanzania going mad about him. I'm very curious what they all see. Shockingly bad.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #104 on: July 09, 2020, 11:12:16 PM »

"That's the first time we've had a going over since Project Restart."

We've drawn two and lost the rest with hardly a goal in us !

So the standard set by Smith for Aston Villa is that if we avoid a thrashing then that is acceptable enough !

After the complete and utter garbage that we have had to endure and the sheer bloody hurt of it all this statement alone should be a sackable offence

GO !  GO NOW !

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal