collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Newcastle vs Aston Villa Pre-Match Thread - Wednesday, June 24th - 6pm  (Read 10766 times)

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
I have no idea what to expect. Well cynically other than the same team will start or that we will try to pinch a win or point versus playing to win. But I don't know what performance we will come up with, who we can rely on or that the manager really believes in this. That's the bit that is most worrying. Games are running out and the bottom 6 has really become a bottom 4 or 5. We have to put pressure on others by winning our own games and not have to concern ourselves with anyone else. Mathematically we are not out of it of course, but we have to reveal that mentally. What I really don't want post game is to be in the same position yet again, and having been beaten by a Steve Bruce team with significantly more possession than a Dean Smith one. What a bizarre turn of events that would be.

Optimistically...I'll go 2-0 to us. Optimistically that Smith will change the line up, play to win. Goals from Jack and Ally.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 03:33:55 PM by Toronto Villa »

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
2-0 Newcastle.

Tight game then we commit defensive hari-kiri. Never look like equalising and concede a match killing second in the last few minutes.   

Offline Fred Crump

2-0 Newcastle.

Tight game then we commit defensive hari-kiri. Never look like equalising and concede a match killing second in the last few minutes.
God, you lawyers are so negative....
Totally agree.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
I’d beg Dean to change things up. Two up front with Jack at the top of a midfield diamond.

Unfortunately, I’ve fallen into a very defeatist mode after yesterday, so I’m expecting one up top, possession given to Newcastle and Jack and AEG playing as full backs.

We'll lose and hear more of it not being a “game that defines our season”. Bloody Lambert started this, dumbing down our expectations and celebrating a home draw with the likes of Blackburn like we should be eternally grateful.

Unless we start looking like we’re ready to fight, it’s 2-0 them.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
I predicted a blades draw and a Chelsea win, I have gone for a Newcastle win.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
Two teams trying to give the ball to the other side and attack on the counter.  Newcastle just edge it by being a bit less shit, having some decent pace and a back 5 that doesn't self distruct.

Bruce ends up trying not to sound as smug as he feels.  Pundits all over the place scramble to fawn over the Geordie saviour, saying what a great job he's doing at Toon and how Villa fans treated him harshly.  Folow up by saying how Villa have done a Fulham.

We all puke. 

Offline Fred Crump

The depressing thing is , I think we will lose without ever really putting up much of a fight.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
2-0 Newcastle.

I've seen this film before.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
Referee: Chris Kavanagh
VAR: Peter Bankes.

Villa to win 2-0 by penalty and free kick.

McGinn and Davis to score !

I’ll drink to that!

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
I just can't see beyond a Newcastle win I'm afraid.  They'll be full of confidence, we have none.  They're coming off the back of a win, we haven't won for ages.  We have the worst defence in the league and are struggling to put chances away.  None of our players - bar Luiz - looks to be in any sort of form and we have a manager who is struggling badly too.  We're not the sort of club who routinely pull off shock wins and I can't see it happening on Wednesday.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
I think we'll win. I'm not sure how but I can see us doing them.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
I can't shake the feeling that I've had since the restart and was a huge part of my opposition to it. We are going to go down meekly. We did last time but at least it was finished relatively early and quickly.

If the league were voided and we were relegated at least we wouldn't have to watch it all unfold before our eyes, having to endure painful displays such as the one we saw yesterday is just awful.

Come on lads, Dean, John (we've scored mate, yeah not bothered, it's against my favourite team) Terry, and every other fucker, banish my fear, shove my negativity down my throat and give it a fuckin' go for Christ's sake.

3-0 win.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
My only hope is that Bruce, when he was here, invariably followed up a great result with a terrible one against a team we should've mullered. That's all I've got left.

Offline colin69

I have no idea why but I fancy us to win 1-0.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

Proper thumping - 0-4 to the Geordies
Thank ***K there will not be 50K baying at our "relegation" and " Sob on the Tame" bed sheet banners hung up behind the goal.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 12:36:34 PM by villa `cross the mersey »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal