collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Newcastle vs Aston Villa Pre-Match Thread - Wednesday, June 24th - 6pm  (Read 10770 times)

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
We absolutely cannot put the same side out and play in the same way. We have to play with much more courage.

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
Samatta for Davis at 57 mins.
Trezeguet for El Ghazi 57 mins
Nakamba for Hourihane or McGinn after 74 mins.

The last one depends on how ‘far out reckless’ Smith is feeling.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
Smith gets bested by managers who know how to change a game and are just generally more tactically aware

we have a good chance on Wednesday because we know Newcastle haven’t got one of those

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
We hammered these earlier in the season at Villa Park. From what I recall Bruce's tactics played a part leaving Shelvey and Hayden up against our trio and Grealish had a field day, coming in off left I think?

Hard to be in anyway confident after the abject performance v Chelsea but Newcastle have little enough to be playing for at this stage of the season. First goal key. I've no idea if Ramsey is any way up to this level but McGinn and Hourihane simply have to be dropped. Alternatives Drinky and Lansbury don't exactly inspire confidence either. Grealish free role, let him drift where he likes.

--------------------Nyland
Guilbert, Engels, Mings, Targett
---------Luiz, Nakamba, Ramsey
-------------------Grealish
-------------Davis, Samatta

Offline levico

Could be very similar to Newcastle’s game with Sheffield Utd. At least result-wise.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
2-0.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
Grealish has to play in the middle, and he has to be higher up the pitch. For better or for worse he needs to trust his teammates, he can't do much damage when he's 90 yards from the opposition goal.

It's all getting a bit late now for a drastic tactical rethink, but fuck it, play him as a false nine. We huff and we puff for ninety minutes to give a recognisable centre-forward maybe two sniffs of goal on a good day as it is, might as well give him a go at trying to force opposition defences into doing things that make them uncomfortable. You never know, we might actually see McGinn and Luiz, Hourihane too, rattling a few in regularly.

Offline TonyD

This is a winnable game.  No excuses.   Two up front and Jack in the middle.  And go for the juggler from the off.

Not that this will happen.   

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
And go for the juggler from the off.

Pitch-side entertainment aswell? They certainly know how to put on a show behind closed doors up north.

Offline usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
And go for the juggler from the off.

Pitch-side entertainment aswell? They certainly know how to put on a show behind closed doors up north.

There's a circus in the town, in the town.........

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
Smith gets bested by managers who know how to change a game and are just generally more tactically aware

we have a good chance on Wednesday because we know Newcastle haven’t got one of those

Remembering the post match comments from a couple of years ago, I think you’re on to something, there.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
We really need a win but I reckon we will get a point 1-1.

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
Hoping this is where Smith proves me wrong. He has a good record against Bruce, and we are due some luck.

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
Hoping this is where Smith proves me wrong. He has a good record against Bruce, and we are due some luck.
I think we had our luck against sheff U.

Offline Mossie Hennebry

Running a football team must be very difficult. We seem to have over tasked an awful lot of managers over the last 10 years. Surely he can see that 433 is not working but Davis looks like he could be a very useful foil for a finisher up top.

Anyway, I think he'll start the same 11.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal