collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 872871 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread
« Reply #2310 on: August 13, 2020, 01:06:53 PM »
I thought I’d ask why were being linked with Milot Rashica as I can only see poor goal scoring ratio around 1 every 5 games ... thought we’d wAnt better than this ?
Sorry to disrupt ur convo everyone

No idea what stats you're looking at there Daz....in 18/19 he scored 9 Bundesliga goals and 3 more in the cup. They only play 34 games in their season. Last season he started with 9 goals in his first 13 league and cup games (scored v Leverkusen, Dortmund and Bayern Munich) before the goals dried up afterwards.

Still has close to a 1 in 3 scoring record in a top 4 euro league which here would make him comfortably our top scorer.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #2311 on: August 13, 2020, 01:09:45 PM »
Seems quick and direct from his highlights reel. Almost 1 in 3 for Bremen is pretty good for a winger. Only 24 too.

Has anybody seen him play?

Saw 2/3 Bremen games after lockdown and got to say wasn’t impressed (in a poor side has to be said) but there were enough good players in our league our Jack being one who looked bang average for most of those games so hopefully if we do get him he will be better than those performances.

Seems to be highly rated tho

I think he was carrying an injury as he kept on getting subbed around 60th minute mark. I agree he didn't stand out that much in their run in but had a fantastic start to the season and their form collapsed from November onwards.

Probably a bit like McGinn starting the season great and then dipping due to injury but we know the quality is there.

Online DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #2312 on: August 13, 2020, 01:16:46 PM »
Just seen one of the ITK (I know) accounts on Twitter suggesting that we've had a bid accepted by Norwich for Cantwell. He really would be a (bad) Grealish replacement.

I disagree, he’d be a reasonable Grealish replacement. I fully expect this lad to be a very top quality midfielder

It's like Grealish has already gone.

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #2313 on: August 13, 2020, 01:18:31 PM »
Yes to Rashica, yes to Cantwell, yes to Buendia. No to Watkins and Benrahma at the quoted prices.

Being linked to some good players, think we should have a far more comfortable season if we get quality forwards in and a more combative midfielder.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #2314 on: August 13, 2020, 01:19:55 PM »
So, is everyone happy with our full/wing backs?
I'm not

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #2315 on: August 13, 2020, 01:20:23 PM »
Like everyone else on here, I sincerely hope that Jack stays, however should the worst happen and he goes, Cantwell would be a good option, so it's a yes from me.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #2316 on: August 13, 2020, 01:20:32 PM »
I am, yes. Full backs always get unfairly scapegoated.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #2317 on: August 13, 2020, 01:22:41 PM »
I thought I’d ask why were being linked with Milot Rashica as I can only see poor goal scoring ratio around 1 every 5 games ... thought we’d wAnt better than this ?
Sorry to disrupt ur convo everyone

No idea what stats you're looking at there Daz....in 18/19 he scored 9 Bundesliga goals and 3 more in the cup. They only play 34 games in their season. Last season he started with 9 goals in his first 13 league and cup games (scored v Leverkusen, Dortmund and Bayern Munich) before the goals dried up afterwards.

Still has close to a 1 in 3 scoring record in a top 4 euro league which here would make him comfortably our top scorer.

I was going to make that point myself. A one in three goalscorer in a top class European League is not to be sniffed at. He is an ideal age too at 24.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #2318 on: August 13, 2020, 01:26:08 PM »
Like everyone else on here, I sincerely hope that Jack stays, however should the worst happen and he goes, Cantwell would be a good option, so it's a yes from me.

I think Cantwell has been Norwich's best player for the last two seasons.

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #2319 on: August 13, 2020, 01:27:02 PM »
I'm not

Yes and no.

I think Guilbert and Elmo are both OK, and that Guilbert will continue to improve. Less happy with the left, where Targett is suspect defensively and Taylor not offering enough going forwards. I don't think either are terrible players but we could do with replacing Taylor with someone that makes Targett a sustitute.

Thing is I would prioritise replacing Nakamba, El Ghazi and Wesley/Samatta over a new fullback. If we had more up front the defence would look better anyway.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2320 on: August 13, 2020, 01:27:54 PM »
I think my negative opinion of Cantwell stems from his hair and his first name. And I stand by that opinion.

Online Clampy

« Reply #2321 on: August 13, 2020, 01:28:13 PM »
I'm not

Guilbert didn't do too much wrong and it was his first season so i'd stick with him and Elmo was as reliable as he always is. Targett was a bit hit and miss for me and seemed to pick up knocks. Taylor didn't do a lot wrong when he stepped in. If we were looking to upgrade in that position though, i'd say left back would be first.

Offline Lastfootstamper

« Reply #2322 on: August 13, 2020, 01:29:58 PM »
Just seen one of the ITK (I know) accounts on Twitter suggesting that we've had a bid accepted by Norwich for Cantwell. He really would be a (bad) Grealish replacement.

I disagree, he’d be a reasonable Grealish replacement. I fully expect this lad to be a very top quality midfielder

In the Rob Mackenzie thread there's a link to a series of articles he did for Sky Sports 2016/17. One was about anticipating spikes in performance. It shone a little light on a tricky element of scouting and player assessment. I assume we've employed the bloke because his approach is compatible with our longer term aims, so if we do bring in players like Cantwell (who's only 22) on his say-so, it won't be on a spur of the moment whim.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #2323 on: August 13, 2020, 01:31:04 PM »
I'm not

We simply can't improve every single position in one transfer window, let's have more attacking threat from out wide, a better striker and then we can look at FBs in January and next summer.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #2324 on: August 13, 2020, 01:32:00 PM »
You can't be going around the place calling yourself Todd though.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal