collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 874803 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread
« Reply #2280 on: August 13, 2020, 11:04:11 AM »
Jack's going nowhere. Nobody is going to pay the best part of £100 million for him, and we've no need to sell him on the cheap. His deal runs out in 2023.

Online Mossie Hennebry

« Reply #2281 on: August 13, 2020, 11:06:44 AM »
Jack's going nowhere. Nobody is going to pay the best part of £100 million for him, and we've no need to sell him on the cheap. His deal runs out in 2023.
I agree. In addition to that, none of the 'big' clubs need him, so unless a club comes in for him from abroad, he ain't going nowhere.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #2282 on: August 13, 2020, 11:08:37 AM »
Dunno, the noises from Dortmund and Sancho are quite discouraging, and I could easily imagine Woodward just spunking out the cash for Grealish just to look like he's doing something 'high profile'.

Offline Tebepaul

« Reply #2283 on: August 13, 2020, 11:13:29 AM »
Re Milot Rashica: I used to travel to Bremen a fair bit on business and I've got a lot of time for SV Werder.

As others have pointed out, there are a lot of similarities with Villa in terms of the club's record of successes in the 1980s and current relegation battles. Werder were hugely fortunate to stay in the Bundesliga this year, and are under no illusions that they have to sell Rashica in order to rebuild their squad and balance the books. Rashica is the only player that would fetch the €15+ million that they need, although the club are hoping for €25-30m.

RB Leipzig were the strong favourites to sign the player last month, and Rashica let it be known that this is where he wanted to go. The ever-unlovable Red Bull kept trying to force the transfer fee down, however, and the move went quiet. Werder fans are resigned to losing Rashica, but believe that if he went to England, then it would be to one of the top six Premier League clubs.

Rashica plays on the left of the front three, or (as in the last match of the season) on the left of a front two. He was very good in the 2019 calendar year, using his pace and shooting and crossing skills to pose Werder's major threat (7 goals and three assists in the first-half of the 2019-20 Bundesliga season, despite injuries). He also doesn't mind putting in a defensive shift, which he'd need to do for Villa in the Premier League.

The wheels came off for him in 2020, especially after lockdown ended in the Bundesliga, when Rashica kept choosing the wrong option, shooting when he should have passed and vice versa. He seemed to be regressing to the unpredictable 'bull in a china shop' approach of pre-2019. On the other hand, however, he was getting no support from his team-mates as Werder went on a terrible run of form that almost saw them relegated to the 2. Bundesliga for the first time since 1981.

Offline GordonCowansisthegreatest

« Reply #2284 on: August 13, 2020, 11:14:48 AM »
Is part of the delay in concluding/announcing new signings (and I don't just mean for us) potentially the fact that anyone coming from outside the UK may have to quarantine for 14 days before being announced?
I'm sure clubs are being cautious around the rules, at least in terms of appearance if not in practice.
No, they're all still playing in the CL ;)

Online Monty

« Reply #2285 on: August 13, 2020, 11:20:17 AM »
Re Milot Rashica: I used to travel to Bremen a fair bit on business and I've got a lot of time for SV Werder.

As others have pointed out, there are a lot of similarities with Villa in terms of the club's record of successes in the 1980s and current relegation battles. Werder were hugely fortunate to stay in the Bundesliga this year, and are under no illusions that they have to sell Rashica in order to rebuild their squad and balance the books. Rashica is the only player that would fetch the €15+ million that they need, although the club are hoping for €25-30m.

RB Leipzig were the strong favourites to sign the player last month, and Rashica let it be known that this is where he wanted to go. The ever-unlovable Red Bull kept trying to force the transfer fee down, however, and the move went quiet. Werder fans are resigned to losing Rashica, but believe that if he went to England, then it would be to one of the top six Premier League clubs.

Rashica plays on the left of the front three, or (as in the last match of the season) on the left of a front two. He was very good in the 2019 calendar year, using his pace and shooting and crossing skills to pose Werder's major threat (7 goals and three assists in the first-half of the 2019-20 Bundesliga season, despite injuries). He also doesn't mind putting in a defensive shift, which he'd need to do for Villa in the Premier League.

The wheels came off for him in 2020, especially after lockdown ended in the Bundesliga, when Rashica kept choosing the wrong option, shooting when he should have passed and vice versa. He seemed to be regressing to the unpredictable 'bull in a china shop' approach of pre-2019. On the other hand, however, he was getting no support from his team-mates as Werder went on a terrible run of form that almost saw them relegated to the 2. Bundesliga for the first time since 1981.

Great first post, top info. How do you think he'd adapt to the premier league? And do you think he looks suspiciously like a Jack replacement, or just a bolstering of our attack whatever Jack does?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2286 on: August 13, 2020, 11:22:57 AM »
He looks to me like a potential upgrade on Trezeguet and El Ghazi, which is much needed.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #2287 on: August 13, 2020, 11:24:02 AM »
He looks to me like a potential upgrade on Trezeguet and El Ghazi, which is much needed.

Yep quite why anyone has bought Jack into the equation I haven’t a clue.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2288 on: August 13, 2020, 11:24:03 AM »
He's really good on Championship Manager, so it's a thumbs up here.

Online Monty

« Reply #2289 on: August 13, 2020, 11:25:08 AM »

Yep quite why anyone has bought Jack into the equation I haven’t a clue.

Because he plays primarily from the left, which is where Jack has been playing.

Online Mossie Hennebry

« Reply #2290 on: August 13, 2020, 11:25:47 AM »
Dunno, the noises from Dortmund and Sancho are quite discouraging, and I could easily imagine Woodward just spunking out the cash for Grealish just to look like he's doing something 'high profile'.
I just can't see where he fits in with Rashford, Greenwood, Pogba, etc., etc. They just don't need him. I wonder was the Sancho enquiry straight out of HDE's playbook.?

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #2291 on: August 13, 2020, 11:31:55 AM »
I just can't see where he fits in with Rashford, Greenwood, Pogba, etc., etc. They just don't need him. I wonder was the Sancho enquiry straight out of HDE's playbook.?
Yanited are also rumoured to be looking at Barca's Dembele as an alternative to J Sancho

Online Monty

« Reply #2292 on: August 13, 2020, 11:43:03 AM »

Of course they don't 'need' him exactly, but since when does that stop them? They're like Bayern, they just sign players so nobody else can have them - especially now the chief branding officer is  now in charge of transfers.

Offline kipeye

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2293 on: August 13, 2020, 11:48:21 AM »
I like Wilson, but he is quite streaky and only scored 8 Lge goals league season despite playing most of it.

For proven worth, you're really looking at Tammy or Chris Wood.

Teemu Pukki anyone?
Can't think why no-one is after him and would be the right style of play for us.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #2294 on: August 13, 2020, 11:52:52 AM »
The issue with Pukki (apart from his goals completely drying up when Norwich needed them most) is that he's 30

He'd still cost us a wedge of money despite having virtually no sell-on value (something we're allegedly looking for from all permanent signings)

Don't see it happening unless we get really desperate. Which I wouldn't rule out either, mind, particularly if the Wesley injury rumours prove to be true.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal