collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 864652 times)

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread
« Reply #2295 on: August 13, 2020, 11:54:53 AM »
Re Milot Rashica: I used to travel to Bremen a fair bit on business and I've got a lot of time for SV Werder.

As others have pointed out, there are a lot of similarities with Villa in terms of the club's record of successes in the 1980s and current relegation battles. Werder were hugely fortunate to stay in the Bundesliga this year, and are under no illusions that they have to sell Rashica in order to rebuild their squad and balance the books. Rashica is the only player that would fetch the €15+ million that they need, although the club are hoping for €25-30m.

RB Leipzig were the strong favourites to sign the player last month, and Rashica let it be known that this is where he wanted to go. The ever-unlovable Red Bull kept trying to force the transfer fee down, however, and the move went quiet. Werder fans are resigned to losing Rashica, but believe that if he went to England, then it would be to one of the top six Premier League clubs.

Rashica plays on the left of the front three, or (as in the last match of the season) on the left of a front two. He was very good in the 2019 calendar year, using his pace and shooting and crossing skills to pose Werder's major threat (7 goals and three assists in the first-half of the 2019-20 Bundesliga season, despite injuries). He also doesn't mind putting in a defensive shift, which he'd need to do for Villa in the Premier League.

The wheels came off for him in 2020, especially after lockdown ended in the Bundesliga, when Rashica kept choosing the wrong option, shooting when he should have passed and vice versa. He seemed to be regressing to the unpredictable 'bull in a china shop' approach of pre-2019. On the other hand, however, he was getting no support from his team-mates as Werder went on a terrible run of form that almost saw them relegated to the 2. Bundesliga for the first time since 1981.
Great informative first post - welcome to the forum.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #2296 on: August 13, 2020, 12:00:38 PM »
Does anyone know when Heaton, Steer or Wesley are expected to be back fit and in contention for selection?

Offline kipeye

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2297 on: August 13, 2020, 12:13:26 PM »
The issue with Pukki (apart from his goals completely drying up when Norwich needed them most) is that he's 30

He'd still cost us a wedge of money despite having virtually no sell-on value (something we're allegedly looking for from all permanent signings)

Don't see it happening unless we get really desperate. Which I wouldn't rule out either, mind, particularly if the Wesley injury rumours prove to be true.
Fair enough-I can see that. he was the best forward the in the championship (bit like Mitovic) and thought he would have continued to impress in a better team.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #2298 on: August 13, 2020, 12:13:34 PM »
Ja, danke Tebepaul.

Offline kipeye

« Reply #2299 on: August 13, 2020, 12:13:56 PM »
Re Milot Rashica: I used to travel to Bremen a fair bit on business and I've got a lot of time for SV Werder.

As others have pointed out, there are a lot of similarities with Villa in terms of the club's record of successes in the 1980s and current relegation battles. Werder were hugely fortunate to stay in the Bundesliga this year, and are under no illusions that they have to sell Rashica in order to rebuild their squad and balance the books. Rashica is the only player that would fetch the €15+ million that they need, although the club are hoping for €25-30m.

RB Leipzig were the strong favourites to sign the player last month, and Rashica let it be known that this is where he wanted to go. The ever-unlovable Red Bull kept trying to force the transfer fee down, however, and the move went quiet. Werder fans are resigned to losing Rashica, but believe that if he went to England, then it would be to one of the top six Premier League clubs.

Rashica plays on the left of the front three, or (as in the last match of the season) on the left of a front two. He was very good in the 2019 calendar year, using his pace and shooting and crossing skills to pose Werder's major threat (7 goals and three assists in the first-half of the 2019-20 Bundesliga season, despite injuries). He also doesn't mind putting in a defensive shift, which he'd need to do for Villa in the Premier League.

The wheels came off for him in 2020, especially after lockdown ended in the Bundesliga, when Rashica kept choosing the wrong option, shooting when he should have passed and vice versa. He seemed to be regressing to the unpredictable 'bull in a china shop' approach of pre-2019. On the other hand, however, he was getting no support from his team-mates as Werder went on a terrible run of form that almost saw them relegated to the 2. Bundesliga for the first time since 1981.
Great informative first post - welcome to the forum.
Looks like its getting nearer...

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #2300 on: August 13, 2020, 12:19:42 PM »
Just seen one of the ITK (I know) accounts on Twitter suggesting that we've had a bid accepted by Norwich for Cantwell. He really would be a (bad) Grealish replacement.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #2301 on: August 13, 2020, 12:23:37 PM »
immensely stupid hair - he'd have to work on that aspect of his game if we came to us.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #2302 on: August 13, 2020, 12:24:55 PM »
Looking at Jack's post-lockdown plait, I think he'd fit right in here.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #2303 on: August 13, 2020, 12:29:42 PM »
He can't well emulate our Jack.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2304 on: August 13, 2020, 12:29:53 PM »
I'd be chuffed if we signed Cantwell, I really rate him. Don't think it's likely though, they'd want silly money, and imagine they're not hard pressed to sell as they must be loaded.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #2305 on: August 13, 2020, 12:30:09 PM »
Man Utd definitely could do with Grealish. If they get Sancho or not.
Dunno, the noises from Dortmund and Sancho are quite discouraging, and I could easily imagine Woodward just spunking out the cash for Grealish just to look like he's doing something 'high profile'.
I just can't see where he fits in with Rashford, Greenwood, Pogba, etc., etc. They just don't need him. I wonder was the Sancho enquiry straight out of HDE's playbook.?
Yanited are also rumoured to be looking at Barca's Dembele as an alternative to J Sancho

I think they could do with him regardless tbh. They have about 60 games a season and four of: Martial, Rashford, Greenwood, Fernandes, Sancho and Grealish would play every week. Without injuries there's enough games for 40 starts + sub appearances each.

Greenwood is 18, Martial and Rashford are prone to dropping form and they need impact players from the bench. Pogba has been playing CM

If you think City had Aguero, Jesus, Mahrez, KDB, B Silva, D Silva, Foden, Sane this season. That's the level of options the top clubs boast these days.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #2306 on: August 13, 2020, 12:31:24 PM »
I like the YT clip of this kid. Always excited by a fast paced, quick footed, tricky winger.
I agree with Risso  - he would be an upgrade on El Ghazi or Trez if truth be told. Trez may keep his squad place due to heroics at end of last season but El Ghazi really has not cut it in the Premiership and i think the "Bottle" job against Everton to make it 2-0 might be the final straw with Smith with him.

Watkins
Rashica
Aarons

would be a decent start

Another striker and a tough midfielder and it would really look the part

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #2307 on: August 13, 2020, 12:38:59 PM »
Seems quick and direct from his highlights reel. Almost 1 in 3 for Bremen is pretty good for a winger. Only 24 too.

Has anybody seen him play?

Saw 2/3 Bremen games after lockdown and got to say wasn’t impressed (in a poor side has to be said) but there were enough good players in our league our Jack being one who looked bang average for most of those games so hopefully if we do get him he will be better than those performances.

Seems to be highly rated tho

Offline Mossie Hennebry

« Reply #2308 on: August 13, 2020, 12:50:25 PM »
Man Utd definitely could do with Grealish. If they get Sancho or not.
Dunno, the noises from Dortmund and Sancho are quite discouraging, and I could easily imagine Woodward just spunking out the cash for Grealish just to look like he's doing something 'high profile'.
I just can't see where he fits in with Rashford, Greenwood, Pogba, etc., etc. They just don't need him. I wonder was the Sancho enquiry straight out of HDE's playbook.?
Yanited are also rumoured to be looking at Barca's Dembele as an alternative to J Sancho

I think they could do with him regardless tbh. They have about 60 games a season and four of: Martial, Rashford, Greenwood, Fernandes, Sancho and Grealish would play every week. Without injuries there's enough games for 40 starts + sub appearances each.

Greenwood is 18, Martial and Rashford are prone to dropping form and they need impact players from the bench. Pogba has been playing CM

If you think City had Aguero, Jesus, Mahrez, KDB, B Silva, D Silva, Foden, Sane this season. That's the level of options the top clubs boast these days.
Let's hope they get either Dembele or Sancho then.

Offline frank black

« Reply #2309 on: August 13, 2020, 01:06:39 PM »
Just seen one of the ITK (I know) accounts on Twitter suggesting that we've had a bid accepted by Norwich for Cantwell. He really would be a (bad) Grealish replacement.

I disagree, he’d be a reasonable Grealish replacement. I fully expect this lad to be a very top quality midfielder

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal