collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?  (Read 746757 times)

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
Re: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?
« Reply #5715 on: February 22, 2021, 06:15:49 PM »
Yes Sunday May 23 my birthday and I could be at Villa Park ;D

I assume you'll be looking for a suitable beer garden in B6 to celebrate. :)

Offline TelfordVilla

« Reply #5716 on: February 22, 2021, 08:24:23 PM »
If the everton match is held over to wednesday 20th followed by chelsea on 23rd, there could be two games with fans.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #5717 on: February 23, 2021, 08:35:15 PM »

I assume you'll be looking for a suitable beer garden in B6 to celebrate. :)
Much more likely to find a curry garden in B6 or have a picnic in Aston park.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #5718 on: March 14, 2021, 10:41:16 PM »

Same as my good lady. I'll get her a jigsaw or something to keep her occupied while I'm at the match. :)

Offline Hillbilly

« Reply #5719 on: March 14, 2021, 10:57:36 PM »

Same as my good lady. I'll get her a jigsaw or something to keep her occupied while I'm at the match. :)
What other woodworking tools does she have?

Offline sid1964

« Reply #5720 on: March 18, 2021, 09:34:44 AM »
I have read on another football site, that to be allowed to buy a season ticket or match day ticket for next season, you will have to have received both jabs

Happy days for me if true as by the end of May I will have had both

Looks like the crowd next season will be over 50 or under 16

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #5721 on: March 18, 2021, 10:28:04 AM »
I have read on another football site, that to be allowed to buy a season ticket or match day ticket for next season, you will have to have received both jabs

I'd be astounded if clubs adopt that rule - they're not going to turn down sales revenue after the last 12 months, especially as the government expect that there will be no legal curbs on them opening up fully from the middle of June.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #5722 on: March 18, 2021, 05:32:55 PM »

I'd be astounded if clubs adopt that rule - they're not going to turn down sales revenue after the last 12 months, especially as the government expect that there will be no legal curbs on them opening up fully from the middle of June.

If Villa do that, I’d be fucking fuming as my lad couldn’t go as at 16, he can’t have the vaccine. All the parents who take kids would be split up, and in my case, I wouldn’t go either.

On saying that, I’ve now heard a few companies who WILL be doing this, so maybe it’s going to happen.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #5723 on: March 18, 2021, 06:56:42 PM »

mine as well can celebrate together in the Holte or even the Social

Offline sid1964

« Reply #5724 on: March 19, 2021, 10:22:41 AM »
Just heard on the radio that the recommendation is that before you are allowed into arenas or events is that you have to been jabbed

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #5725 on: March 19, 2021, 03:24:43 PM »
Confirmed by two sources at the club today that, although they don’t know the exact procedures, U18’s will be permitted at Villa Park.

The guy in the ticket office said it wasn’t the first email he’d received like this and was happy to put my mind at rest. Confirmed, 100%.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #5726 on: August 17, 2021, 09:28:24 AM »
Premier League have confirmed that between Monday August 9 and Sunday August 15, across two rounds of testing, 3,231 players and club staff were tested for COVID-19. Of these, there were 11 new positive tests.

As of yet no news if it's Villa or Newcastle players but have to bear in mind that covid can still be impacting things at Villa and football.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #5727 on: August 20, 2021, 12:03:40 AM »
Martinez,  Buendia, Douglas Luiz, availability are going to likely be impacted by the internationals coming up in September potentially in part to covid regs. This is due to the red list and quarantine rules. Bailey too as playing away to a red list countries Mexico and Costa Rica.
So that could well be the Chelsea and Everton matches in September without 4 key players.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #5728 on: August 21, 2021, 12:35:50 AM »
Source Sam Dean Daily Telegraph

Premier League managers want more players to get vaccinated amid worries of possible disruption to season

Premier League managers have united in publicly calling for more of their players to get vaccinated against Covid amid rising concerns about further disruption to the professional game and the potential impact of “conspiracy theories” on young footballers.

Steve Bruce, the Newcastle United manager, cited “conspiracy theories” as a reason why players are reluctant to step forward and revealed that “a lot” of his squad have not been vaccinated.

Chelsea’s Christian Pulisic, who is fully vaccinated, has become the latest top-flight player to be ruled out of action after testing positive, while Arsenal’s Alexandre Lacazette is also unavailable this weekend as he struggles with symptoms of the virus.

Bruce, meanwhile, warned that players could be turned away from the vaccine by online conspiracy theories and said Premier League managers were given strong advice by leading medical professionals at a recent meeting.

“We have got a lot of players who haven’t had the jab,” Bruce said. “It’s their prerogative but you can only go by the advice that all the Premier League managers were given a week or so ago.

“Half of the meeting surrounded Covid and how vital it is that people are jabbed, and the stats to go with that. We’ve had two or three players really sick with Covid here and Karl Darlow spent the best part of a week in hospital with it, so we’ve seen the severity of it first hand. But there are a lot of conspiracy theories out there.”

Last week, the latest figures showed that almost 30 per cent of 18 to 29-year-olds have not received a first dose of the Covid vaccine in England.

Telegraph Sport revealed earlier this month that the captains of the 20 Premier League clubs were told by deputy chief medical officer Professor Jonathan Van Tam that they could not “outrun” Covid-19 and were advised to get fully vaccinated as soon as possible.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 12:40:57 AM by Footy-Vill »

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #5729 on: August 21, 2021, 08:14:19 AM »
There should be mass protests from fans if they make it a requirement for people to have both jabs as its discrimination against people. What about the ones who cant have them because they have health issues? Not exactly fair is it?

If you can go now without a vaccine passport why bloody wait two months to do it? You should have done it at the start

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal