collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Baldy
[Today at 11:04:09 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 11:03:42 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 11:03:32 PM]

Champions League Contention by Smirker
[Today at 11:03:15 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Aldridge Villa
[Today at 11:01:31 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Astnor
[Today at 11:01:21 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 11:00:21 PM]

Diego Carlos by taylorsworkrate
[Today at 10:57:54 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?  (Read 757826 times)

Online GordonCowansisthegreatest

Re: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?
« Reply #5745 on: August 21, 2021, 05:58:41 PM »
If they're too stupid to get jabbed, why should they be allowed to attend and endanger others who can't have the jab?

Online Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #5746 on: August 21, 2021, 05:59:29 PM »
There is a societal responsibility for as many people as possible to get the vaccine, as with measels. If they were only harming themselves then i'd have no problem with it, but it absolutely does impact others, so your reasoning is fundamentally flawed.

Not sure what the relevance of your question is if i'm honest.

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #5747 on: August 21, 2021, 06:03:24 PM »
{alt}
There is a societal responsibility for as many people as possible to get the vaccine, as with measels. If they were only harming themselves then i'd have no problem with it, but it absolutely does impact others, so your reasoning is fundamentally flawed.

Not sure what the relevance of your question is if i'm honest.

Differnece is measels vaccine has been around foe a long time. This was on hasnt so i understand why some may be scared. Not interested in the conspiracy theory stuff as who knows what the hells true or bollocks.

Im asking generally a question it doesnt need to relevent to the discussion as i have known a few people that have stopped speaking to people who havent had vaccine which i think is very extreme!

Online Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #5748 on: August 21, 2021, 06:08:15 PM »
It really depends. A cousin of mine has been big into new age spiritualism and anti-vax and fluoride for years, and while it's disappointing i haven't cut her out of my life (but certainly give certain converational topics a wide berth). There are some people i've cut out because they've turned into conspiracy theorist nutjobs who've started comparing it to medical apartheid or the persecution of jews, which is monumentally offensive. Some are so far gone there's absolutely no point in engaging with them.

Anyway, there's a separate thread in OT for this, so i'm bowing out now.

Online SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #5749 on: August 21, 2021, 06:13:55 PM »
To move the debate in another direction....anyone have a covid spot check today at any stage?

Been double jabbed now for a few weeks but haven't got around to putting that status on my phone yet given it's not supposed to come into effect until October.

Also interested how the general matchday experience was for people who went today in the first big home match crowd in the covid era. Am going to the Brentford match so will be a strange feeling.

Just got to appreciate it while we can as winter is still a big unknown. Hard to see capacity crowds continuing to be allowed if daily cases and deaths really rocket from November onwards as is probably inevitable for many reasons.

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #5750 on: August 21, 2021, 06:16:43 PM »
To move the debate in another direction....anyone have a covid spot check today at any stage?

Been double jabbed now for a few weeks but haven't got around to putting that status on my phone yet given it's not supposed to come into effect until October.

Also interested how the general matchday experience was for people who went today in the first big home match crowd in the covid era. Am going to the Brentford match so will be a strange feeling.

Just got to appreciate it while we can as winter is still a big unknown. Hard to see capacity crowds continuing to be allowed if daily cases and deaths really rocket from November onwards as is probably inevitable for many reasons.

Didnt see many people in masks to be honest just felt like a normal game pre pandemic! Could have been loads pf non vaccinated people today and would have never known.

Just enjoy it, its been a while and just escape covid 19 for 90 minutes 😁

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #5751 on: August 21, 2021, 07:52:20 PM »
I was there today and if I haven't caught covid I never will!

Almost zero mask adherence, to the point where I was getting funny looks for wearing one. Not sure whether it's covid-related but the service was even slower than before meaning that the queues at all the kiosks were horrific, to the point that they blocked the concourse under the Holte and made it feel pretty unsafe.

Up at the seats was ok but the air was still today so even there if you were stood/sat next to someone with covid for two hours I reckon there'd be a good chance of catching it.

I will almost certainly be fine as I'm double-jabbed, relatively young and have no health issues, but if I had any underlying health conditions I'd have felt seriously uncomfortable there.

Not sure there's much more the club could do because this seems to be the way things are going with covid but the one way they could help is to sort the queues at the bars out, something they've needed to do for years before covid.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #5752 on: August 21, 2021, 09:01:46 PM »
Went to the sacred heart before the match packed, hot, stuffy, singing, bug queues, no masks. Covid heaven.

Online KRS

« Reply #5753 on: August 21, 2021, 09:13:15 PM »
We’ll soon find out in a few weeks if the return of fans to stadiums has any impact on Covid cases, hospitalisation and deaths. It pretty much feels like it’s a gamble and pot luck if you end up catching it at a game now given the lack of precautions being taken, and I’d fully understand anyone not going if they don’t feel safe or want to take the risk. The only thing I can take as a positive is the relatively high percentage of adults that have been doubled jabbed so far.

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #5754 on: August 21, 2021, 09:23:33 PM »
We’ll soon find out in a few weeks if the return of fans to stadiums has any impact on Covid cases, hospitalisation and deaths. It pretty much feels like it’s a gamble and pot luck if you end up catching it at a game now given the lack of precautions being taken, and I’d fully understand anyone not going if they don’t feel safe or want to take the risk. The only thing I can take as a positive is the relatively high percentage of adults that have been doubled jabbed so far.

Big events have been for a while now. Lets not forget as well gyms have been open for a hell of a long time now and thats got to be one of the most contagious places you ca  go. If anything going games week in week out will build your immune system.  Also travel abroad this has been going for what 6-8 weeks now?

If rates don't go up in next few weeks then i do think worse is over with. Obviously winter brings challengs but we know this people always tend to get sick during that period

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #5755 on: August 21, 2021, 09:45:14 PM »

Big events have been for a while now. Lets not forget as well gyms have been open for a hell of a long time now and thats got to be one of the most contagious places you ca  go. If anything going games week in week out will build your immune system.  Also travel abroad this has been going for what 6-8 weeks now?

If rates don't go up in next few weeks then i do think worse is over with. Obviously winter brings challengs but we know this people always tend to get sick during that period

Only if you catch covid.

I think it's fair to say you're an advocate of herd immunity!!

Online KRS

« Reply #5756 on: August 21, 2021, 10:06:58 PM »
I’m pretty sure they have stated numerous times that herd immunity isn’t possible at this stage largely due to the new variants, and you catching Covid doesn’t make you immune (hence why you are able to catch and suffer from Covid multiple times).
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 08:20:36 AM by KRS »

Online Behind Bluenose Lines

• Location: Hanging on in Quiet Desperation During a Global Pandemic
  • GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #5757 on: August 21, 2021, 11:21:41 PM »
I went today, and I'll be quite alarmed if what I found continues when the kids go back to school and the weather gets colder, which increases the number of Covid-19 cases anyway.

I got the train there and back on the Cross City line, and was surprised at the lack of mask wearers, particularly as a lot of people still haven't been fully vaccinated (I'm not talking about the anti-vax idiots here!). On the way there, I was one of the
few in my carriage wearing one: there were women and children there, as well as groups of people of all ages. I'd half expected a misguided sense of machismo with some of the men, but not with the families and older passengers who should have had more courtesy and sense.

On arrival at the ground,  I went through the turnstile into the Lower Holte concourse which was rammed. I was the only person there with a mask on, apart from the stewards and police officers. Needless to say, I hurried back to my seat after a quick visit to the toilet at half time, well away from Covid Central. I'd been desperate for a cuppa too!

Apparently the club are spot-checking vaccine passports and proof of negative lateral flow test results from the Brentford game next week onwards, with a view of the Government bringing in the mandatory Vaccine Passport entry to the ground in October (presumably that has to be debated in Parliament first). I sincerely hope so!  I'm double jabbed and no underlying conditions, but I wouldn't want to pick up the virus to potentially pass onto the more vulnerable people I know.

Edit: Despite this rant, it was great to be back at the Home of Football after so long, and to see the familiar faces. Honest!  ;)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 01:29:07 PM by Behind Bluenose Lines »

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #5758 on: August 22, 2021, 09:30:26 AM »
{alt}

I wouldnt say im a fan of herd immunity ad but i do think if you have caught covid and recovered from it should give you additional protection if you get it again in theory of how the body copes with viruses

I think alot of people may hav been lucky and had covid without knowjng without symptoms.  The news tests coming out tell you if you had it within a certain period. I caught covid last march 2020 when it was first coming out

Only if you catch covid.

I think it's fair to say you're an advocate of herd immunity!!

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #5759 on: August 23, 2021, 12:16:48 PM »
{alt}
You are aware you can catch it off someone vaccinated too right? So you could be sitting next to bob who hasnt been vaccinated or jill who has and you could get it off jill.

The point of the vaccine is to stop you from getting very sick. It doesnt unfortunately stop passing it on. So for me i have no issue with someone non vaccinated being allowed in.

I'm well aware, thank you. I'm sure I'd probably be fine with my seemingly unbeatable immune system allied to my double jab. Probably very much unlike someone that couldn't have the jab on medical grounds. I was disagreeing with your opinion that we football supporters should become involved in mass protests about it.

Your welcome 😉

So we agree it wont make a difference about catching covid whether you been vaccinated or not.

I for one dont support discrimination. We are a democratic country after all!

If the club stop people coming in with guns and knives, it isn't "discrimination", it is protecting other fans. Just as fans should be protected from selfish twats who refuse to get vaccinated and put others at risk.

The Premier League should suspend, without pay, any player or club staff member that refuses to get the jab and ban twats who haven't been vaccinated from attending as spectators. With the exception of those who are underage and haven't been offered the jab and people with a legitimate medical reason, of course.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 12:19:51 PM by cdbullyweefan »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal