collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by Hookeysmith
[Today at 02:59:06 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Drummond
[Today at 02:58:40 PM]

Ollie Watkins by WarszaVillan
[Today at 02:56:43 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Max Villan
[Today at 02:15:30 PM]

Peter McParland 90 today by jon collett
[Today at 02:13:38 PM]

Ex- Villa Players still playing watch by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 01:53:30 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Ian.
[Today at 01:48:55 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by dave.woodhall
[Today at 01:23:49 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Hookeysmith
[Today at 02:59:06 PM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Drummond
[Today at 02:58:40 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by WarszaVillan
[Today at 02:56:43 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 02:55:11 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 02:52:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 02:51:36 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 02:48:28 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Hillbilly
[Today at 02:35:51 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?  (Read 757623 times)

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
Re: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?
« Reply #5730 on: August 21, 2021, 08:36:10 AM »
If you think I'll be in any even tiny way pandering to anti-vaxxers, you're much mistaken. Wanting it but not being able to have it must suck, but I'm guessing these are people who have to deal with life-threatening possibilities on a daily basis from seemingly benign stuff that passes the rest of us by. I'd like to think that there'll be equal provision made for those that can show they're vaxxed and those that can show they can't be.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #5731 on: August 21, 2021, 09:45:58 AM »
If you think I'll be in any even tiny way pandering to anti-vaxxers, you're much mistaken. Wanting it but not being able to have it must suck, but I'm guessing these are people who have to deal with life-threatening possibilities on a daily basis from seemingly benign stuff that passes the rest of us by. I'd like to think that there'll be equal provision made for those that can show they're vaxxed and those that can show they can't be.

So what about those that cant take the vaccine for health reasons. If you have no sympathy for them you really are selfish and heartless.

Some people cant take it because of underlying health issues.  That doesnt make they an 'antivaxxer' a brainwashed term by the media

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #5732 on: August 21, 2021, 09:48:02 AM »

So what about those that cant take the vaccine for health reasons. If you have no sympathy for them you really are selfish and heartless.

Some people cant take it because of underlying health issues.  That doesnt make they an 'antivaxxer' a brainwashed term by the media
maybe read his last sentence again.

Online Lastfootstamper

« Reply #5733 on: August 21, 2021, 09:54:36 AM »

maybe read his last sentence again.

Not even necessarily the last one, just anything after the first one would be fine.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #5734 on: August 21, 2021, 10:09:28 AM »
You are aware you can catch it off someone vaccinated too right? So you could be sitting next to bob who hasnt been vaccinated or jill who has and you could get it off jill.

The point of the vaccine is to stop you from getting very sick. It doesnt unfortunately stop passing it on. So for me i have no issue with someone non vaccinated being allowed in.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #5735 on: August 21, 2021, 10:26:48 AM »
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/aug/20/steve-bruce-admits-a-lot-of-newcastle-players-have-not-been-vaccinated-covid

What about players who refuse to be vaccinated?  Sounds like a good number of them have decided not bother, which astounds me. 

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #5736 on: August 21, 2021, 12:16:30 PM »
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/aug/20/steve-bruce-admits-a-lot-of-newcastle-players-have-not-been-vaccinated-covid

What about players who refuse to be vaccinated?  Sounds like a good number of them have decided not bother, which astounds me.

I just think yoir just got to let people get on with it. If people dont want it and something happens to them its on them.

I just dont like the divide its creating. It should not be like this

Online Lastfootstamper

« Reply #5737 on: August 21, 2021, 01:21:59 PM »
You are aware you can catch it off someone vaccinated too right? So you could be sitting next to bob who hasnt been vaccinated or jill who has and you could get it off jill.

The point of the vaccine is to stop you from getting very sick. It doesnt unfortunately stop passing it on. So for me i have no issue with someone non vaccinated being allowed in.

I'm well aware, thank you. I'm sure I'd probably be fine with my seemingly unbeatable immune system allied to my double jab. Probably very much unlike someone that couldn't have the jab on medical grounds. I was disagreeing with your opinion that we football supporters should become involved in mass protests about it.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #5738 on: August 21, 2021, 04:07:50 PM »
{alt}

I'm well aware, thank you. I'm sure I'd probably be fine with my seemingly unbeatable immune system allied to my double jab. Probably very much unlike someone that couldn't have the jab on medical grounds. I was disagreeing with your opinion that we football supporters should become involved in mass protests about it.

Your welcome 😉

So we agree it wont make a difference about catching covid whether you been vaccinated or not.

I for one dont support discrimination. We are a democratic country after all!

Offline BoVillan esq

« Reply #5739 on: August 21, 2021, 04:44:23 PM »
Problem is, Israel who have been held up as the shinning example of how to fully vaccinate your whole population are now experiencing a massive spike in both infections and deaths, amongst people that have had both vaccinations, its going to be a very difficult winter and I would expect Villa's season will be disrupted even if it's just a restriction on crowds

Online Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #5740 on: August 21, 2021, 05:04:00 PM »
{alt}

Your welcome 😉

So we agree it wont make a difference about catching covid whether you been vaccinated or not.

Absolute bollocks.

Offline KRS

« Reply #5741 on: August 21, 2021, 05:07:17 PM »
It’s very well publicised that being vaccinated greatly decreases your chances of being infected…if you’re not vaccinated then you roll the dice. At this stage, anyone that refuses the vaccine (apart from those that have valid medical reasons not to) should have to pay for their medical treatment if they catch it. Personally I’d much rather sit next to someone who has been double vaccinated than someone that refuses to take it.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #5742 on: August 21, 2021, 05:14:50 PM »
{alt}

Your welcome 😉

Absolute bollocks.

Well thought post and argument. Well done 👏

Online Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #5743 on: August 21, 2021, 05:24:37 PM »
It's been explained elsewhere how vaccines reduce the transmission of the virus and have no interest in repeating the debate here. I have also little patience for the "discrimination" argument regarding those selfish enough to choose not to get the vaccine (rather than those who can't). So, yeah, absolute bollocks.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #5744 on: August 21, 2021, 05:51:54 PM »
{alt}
It's been explained elsewhere how vaccines reduce the transmission of the virus and have no interest in repeating the debate here. I have also little patience for the "discrimination" argument regarding those selfish enough to choose not to get the vaccine (rather than those who can't). So, yeah, absolute bollocks.

So do you stop talking to people that havent had vaccine can i ask?

Like i have said before  it doesnt bother me if they choose not to get it wont have any impact on your life as makes it no more likely you will die as you still catch ut from anyone. Its their lives at risk at end of the day.  So let them be

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal