collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?  (Read 754394 times)

Offline Demitri_C

Re: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?
« Reply #5775 on: August 23, 2021, 02:38:28 PM »
{alt}
You are aware you can catch it off someone vaccinated too right? So you could be sitting next to bob who hasnt been vaccinated or jill who has and you could get it off jill.

The point of the vaccine is to stop you from getting very sick. It doesnt unfortunately stop passing it on. So for me i have no issue with someone non vaccinated being allowed in.
But it significantly reduces transmission.
So people who decide not to be vaccinated should not expect to endanger others.

Not sure about that mate. They havent said it significantly reduces transmission just that your better protected

Lots of studies have shown that transmission is lower in vaccinated people. Here's one: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2107717

It lowers but doesnt stop thats my point though 👍

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #5776 on: August 23, 2021, 02:40:15 PM »
{alt}
You are aware you can catch it off someone vaccinated too right? So you could be sitting next to bob who hasnt been vaccinated or jill who has and you could get it off jill.

The point of the vaccine is to stop you from getting very sick. It doesnt unfortunately stop passing it on. So for me i have no issue with someone non vaccinated being allowed in.

Not sure about that mate. They havent said it significantly reduces transmission just that your better protected

Lots of studies have shown that transmission is lower in vaccinated people. Here's one: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2107717

jesus

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #5777 on: August 23, 2021, 02:41:01 PM »
{alt}
{alt}

I'm well aware, thank you. I'm sure I'd probably be fine with my seemingly unbeatable immune system allied to my double jab. Probably very much unlike someone that couldn't have the jab on medical grounds. I was disagreeing with your opinion that we football supporters should become involved in mass protests about it.

Your welcome 😉

So we agree it wont make a difference about catching covid whether you been vaccinated or not.

I for one dont support discrimination. We are a democratic country after all!

If the club stop people coming in with guns and knives, it isn't "discrimination", it is protecting other fans. Just as fans should be protected from selfish twats who refuse to get vaccinated and put others at risk.

The Premier League should suspend, without pay, any player or club staff member that refuses to get the jab and ban twats who haven't been vaccinated from attending as spectators. With the exception of those who are underage and haven't been offered the jab and people with a legitimate medical reason, of course.

It makes no difference to your safety whether they been vaccinated or not.  You can still get it from someone vaccinated  so if your that worried you shouldnt go to games period.

And your example about guns and knives is ridiculous  im sorey to say

It makes a huge difference. Vaccinated people are far less likely to spread the disease.

The vast majority of your posting history is ridiculous I'm "sorey" to say.

You've yet to come out with a valid reason why an anti-vaxx twat should be allowed in other than your nonsensical "discrimination" claim.

Not as ridiculous as comparing an anti vaxxer to someone that comes in with a knife or gun.

Can you produce scientific evidence to support your claim that your more likely to catch it off a anti vaxxer as opposed to someone who has been vaccinated?

Losing the debate clearly as you have to throw lame insults in

I was responding in kind. There is no "debate". Anti-vaxxers are idiots. It's like a "debate" with a Flat Earther.

You still haven't provided a single reason why the club shouldn't prevent dangerous idiots getting tickets.

So in other words you can't as your wrong.  End of discussion with you . You call people twats idiots name calling etc adds nothing to this discussion. People might ca you a idiot for your views.

If they dont want to get the vaccine its on them at the end of the day.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #5778 on: August 23, 2021, 02:41:37 PM »
{alt}

jesus

Christ

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #5779 on: August 23, 2021, 02:41:54 PM »
{alt}

How is this so hard for you to understand?

Just because something doesn't eliminate risk completely, doesn't mean you should give up.

Speed limits don't stop people speeding.
Food preparation standards don't stop people getting food poisoning.
Gun laws don't stop people being shot.

That doesn't mean they don't have any effect though.

If fans attending VP are significantly safer when everyone's vaccinated (which they absolutely would be) then I'm all for the Villa banning anti-vaxxer morons.

Online WarszaVillan

• GM : 06.10.2023
« Reply #5780 on: August 23, 2021, 02:44:52 PM »
{alt}

This study was carried in Jan/feb before delta became dominant, which is the problem. Fully vaccinated people are less likely to catch the virus, but if they do then it seems they have the same viral load to pass it on, although exactly what the situation is remains unclear. Also vaccines seem to be losing efficacy (although massively helping still against severe illness still) - 'A study in Israel 'showed the Pfizer vaccine’s efficacy against infection falling to 39 per cent, and to as low as 16 per cent for people who had their second shots in January.' It's all part of the craziness of letting the virus spread in a partially vaccinated population.

https://www.ft.com/content/23cdbf8c-b5ef-4596-bb46-f510606ab556

https://www.bmj.com/content/374/bmj.n2074

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #5781 on: August 23, 2021, 02:49:44 PM »
{alt}

How is this so hard for you to understand?

Just because something doesn't eliminate risk completely, doesn't mean you should give up.

Speed limits don't stop people speeding.
Food preparation standards don't stop people getting food poisoning.
Gun laws don't stop people being shot.

That doesn't mean they don't have any effect though.

If fans attending VP are significantly safer when everyone's vaccinated (which they absolutely would be) then I'm all for the Villa banning anti-vaxxer morons.

How hard is it for you to understand, you me jeffrey whoever can still transmit the disease just like a un vaccinated person. It might be slightly lower BUT can still be passed on. So if your that worried you shouldnt go to games where there is 42k people as that alone is the greater risk.

And lets just say they do covid passports and all non vaccinated anti vaxxers whatever you want to label them. you go villa park and still get covid from someone there who you going to blame then?

Until there is more evidence/science then we can take it from there. They should have implemented these rules before letting fans back if they wanted to go to this route.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #5782 on: August 23, 2021, 02:52:03 PM »
{alt}

This study was carried in Jan/feb before delta became dominant, which is the problem. Fully vaccinated people are less likely to catch the virus, but if they do then it seems they have the same viral load to pass it on, although exactly what the situation is remains unclear. Also vaccines seem to be losing efficacy (although massively helping still against severe illness still) - 'A study in Israel 'showed the Pfizer vaccine’s efficacy against infection falling to 39 per cent, and to as low as 16 per cent for people who had their second shots in January.' It's all part of the craziness of letting the virus spread in a partially vaccinated population.

https://www.ft.com/content/23cdbf8c-b5ef-4596-bb46-f510606ab556

https://www.bmj.com/content/374/bmj.n2074

Good read that thanks for sharing. Its still a fairely new virus we are still learning about it. Nothings for certain at this stage. When they have the science to prove that an unvaccinated person only can transmit the disease then ill be more.on board

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #5783 on: August 23, 2021, 03:07:24 PM »
If you're anti-vaxx, you're a twat. There is no nice way of saying that.

If a company bars someone because they're Black, that's discrimination.

If a company bars someone because they're gay, that's discrimination.

There is no legislation whatsoever that forbids an organisation from denying access to their premises for being a twat.

There's no viable reason why an anti-vaxxer should be allowed to risk the life of someone who is unable to have the vaccine for health reasons. Potentially killing someone because you're scared of needles or an idiot on Twitter told you the government microchips vaccines is the height of selfish stupidity. Neither Villa, nor any other club, should be pandering to these scumbags.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 03:10:21 PM by cdbullyweefan »

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #5784 on: August 23, 2021, 03:54:21 PM »
How hard is it for you to understand, you me jeffrey whoever can still transmit the disease just like a un vaccinated person. It might be slightly lower BUT can still be passed on. So if your that worried you shouldnt go to games where there is 42k people as that alone is the greater risk.

And lets just say they do covid passports and all non vaccinated anti vaxxers whatever you want to label them. you go villa park and still get covid from someone there who you going to blame then?

Until there is more evidence/science then we can take it from there. They should have implemented these rules before letting fans back if they wanted to go to this route.

It's not about blame, it's about protecting Villa fans who can't have the vaccine.

There is plenty of evidence that says having the vaccine is safer than not having it.  Someone deciding they know better than the global medical community makes them an anti-vaxxer moron.  There is also plenty of evidence that says you're much less likely to catch covid if you're vaccinated and as a result much less likely to transmit covid.

We don't need more evidence to tell us this.  It's already there.

Saying that immuno-suppressed Villa fans shouldn't go to Villa Park because we should pander to anti-vaxxer morons is offensive nonsense.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #5785 on: August 23, 2021, 04:00:56 PM »
It's basic really isn't it? If you're hit harder without the vaccine, you're more likely to be coughing and sneezing spreading your shit around, no?

I have not time for this anti-vax shite, none whatsoever, selfish morons.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #5786 on: August 23, 2021, 04:21:06 PM »
It's basic really isn't it? If you're hit harder without the vaccine, you're more likely to be coughing and sneezing spreading your shit around, no?

I have not time for this anti-vax shite, none whatsoever, selfish morons.

I'm with you and cd. Everybody should just get the vaccine. If you don't, then it's no good crying about your civil liberties. In my mind it's no different to drink drivers being upset they're not able to drive home after 10 pints at the pub.

Online WarszaVillan

• GM : 06.10.2023
« Reply #5787 on: August 23, 2021, 04:40:38 PM »
I agree everyone should get the vaccine. Just don't pretend it solves the problem

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #5788 on: August 23, 2021, 05:06:14 PM »
I don't think anyone is. If people are coughing and spluttering beforehand, for instance, they should still be doing a test.

Online amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #5789 on: August 23, 2021, 08:41:48 PM »
Having the vaccine reduces the chances of transmission, so the more people have it, the lower the chances of transmission. It can’t be eliminated at present, but it is the responsible thing to reduce transmission as much as possible.

By insisting that everyone who can have the vaccine does so before going to Villa Park, the club would be offering the most protection they can to those who cannot have the vaccine.

The people who cannot have the vaccine are the ones who should not be discriminated against. They actually have a protected characteristic under the Disability Discrimination Act and Sexual Discrimination Act (pregnant women) - therefore the club potentially could be considered to have broken discrimination laws by not doing all they could to protect them, and expecting them to ‘stay away if they are worried’.

People who have health vulnerabilities are entitled to be offered the most viable choice they can be given, to have risk the risk reduced as much as possible, because they don’t have the choice to take the vaccine. People who won’t take the vaccine have taken their choice, and if the club decide they can’t come in, then they will still have a choice - to take the vaccine or stay away.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal