collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by cdward
[Today at 08:44:03 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 08:31:47 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:29:13 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Scratchins
[Today at 08:23:18 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:13:33 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by algy
[Today at 07:57:27 AM]

Re: FFP by algy
[Today at 07:51:30 AM]

Re: FFP by Rigadon
[Today at 07:24:35 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Southampton 2-0 Utterly gash Aston Villa Post Match Thread  (Read 27300 times)

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Southampton 2-0 Utterly gash Aston Villa Post Match Thread
« Reply #225 on: February 23, 2020, 09:30:19 AM »
I like Guilbert usually, think he’s a good player. Whole team was shit yesterday. One of them days. I can’t get my head around how good we were last week, yes we lost, but narrowly; to how shit we were against saints. Almost like a different team. What’s going on with El Ghazi?
It wasn't that good least week. Their keeper had sod all to do. Another day and we'd have lost by 3-4 and we wouldn't have any complaints.

It wasn't that good and Spurs are their for the taking at the moment. We conceded 3 goals, committed numerous unforced errors and the keeper made a lot of good saves.

I think after being shit for so long we've lost focus of what is actually a good performance. Losing at home and conceding 3 really isn't.

Disagree with that, we were very good last week and had we put our chances away or not fucked up at the end, we'd have got something out the game.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #226 on: February 23, 2020, 09:32:11 AM »
I've seen some poor performances from Villa sides over the years but that has got to be up there with them, probably near the top of the pile. It was absolutley woeful.
Because most of my viewing is from 4000 miles away it was hard for me to compute how bad it was.
it was the thoughts comments of those around me that was in some way unique.
It was truly awful.

Online itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #227 on: February 23, 2020, 09:36:38 AM »
I like Guilbert usually, think he’s a good player. Whole team was shit yesterday. One of them days. I can’t get my head around how good we were last week, yes we lost, but narrowly; to how shit we were against saints. Almost like a different team. What’s going on with El Ghazi?
It wasn't that good least week. Their keeper had sod all to do. Another day and we'd have lost by 3-4 and we wouldn't have any complaints.

It wasn't that good and Spurs are their for the taking at the moment. We conceded 3 goals, committed numerous unforced errors and the keeper made a lot of good saves.

I think after being shit for so long we've lost focus of what is actually a good performance. Losing at home and conceding 3 really isn't.

Disagree with that, we were very good last week and had we put our chances away or not fucked up at the end, we'd have got something out the game.
You could argue the same about spurs who had more shots and better opportunities.

Online Clampy

« Reply #228 on: February 23, 2020, 09:37:54 AM »
I wasn't there yesterday either but I managed to see it, unfortunatley. I just feel sorry for the poor lads and lasses who had to endure nightmare train journey's to get there to watch that.

Online Clampy

« Reply #229 on: February 23, 2020, 09:40:00 AM »

You could argue the same about spurs who had more shots and better opportunities.

True, but it's only fair to call it when we play well. There were people around me in the Upper Holte applauding the team at the end.

Offline Mark W

« Reply #230 on: February 23, 2020, 10:04:59 AM »
Was sitting on my hands (not that I needed to) with Saints supporters yesterday.  Most worrying thing for me was our best player was first off the pitch and never really acknowledged the manager.  Even Jack looked like he had had enough. 

The only time the management team seemed to get excited was having a go at linesman after a Trez offside and then the 4 ft fourth official told them all off and made them sit down.  Having been sat in a similar position for Lambert’s last game at Hull, all seemed rather familiar. Who knows what the Gang of Four talk about on the touchline.  There was certainly little b*llocking of the underperforming players going on.  AEG went straight down the tunnel with one of the coaching staff and never looked at anyone.

Purslow, Suso, Ian and Brian appeared to be having a nice time.

Offline exigo

« Reply #231 on: February 23, 2020, 10:14:25 AM »
Our away support does far too much beak is a conclusion I've drawn. There can't be another away support so ready to knock lumps out of each other.

It’s been going on for years and is depressing and embarrassing in equal measure.
Today was my first away this season - and couldn’t agree more.

According to stuff on Twitter it also sounds like some of our fans turned on the Villa on Tour boys today too.

Saw some of that at half time. One idiot (tattooed, grey tracksuit, sat in block 43 just in front of the exit) having a right go at him while he had a piss. "Nobody gives a sh** about your f***ing videos" etc etc. Plenty of people telling him to calm down and then leading him away.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #232 on: February 23, 2020, 11:16:35 AM »
Our away support does far too much beak is a conclusion I've drawn. There can't be another away support so ready to knock lumps out of each other.

It’s been going on for years and is depressing and embarrassing in equal measure.
Today was my first away this season - and couldn’t agree more.

According to stuff on Twitter it also sounds like some of our fans turned on the Villa on Tour boys today too.

Saw some of that at half time. One idiot (tattooed, grey tracksuit, sat in block 43 just in front of the exit) having a right go at him while he had a piss. "Nobody gives a sh** about your f***ing videos" etc etc. Plenty of people telling him to calm down and then leading him away.

I do wonder if it's something every club has, or if we just have a high percentage of absolute bellend supporters.

They were certainly out in force again yesterday.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #233 on: February 23, 2020, 11:20:40 AM »
Well I had a good day out in Southampton yesterday that was only marred by going to the game. For 50 years villa have frustrated me and continue to do so. Team spirit ? What the fuck has happened to that. From the first minute yesterday the majority of the team seemed to want the game over so they could piss off back to the dressing room. Something just doesn't seem right. No stomach for a fight.Go back some years to the likes of Peter Withe and even if he was having a shit game he would still give 100%. If Sir Ron was still manager all those players would be shitting themselves right now at the thought of facing him tomorrow morning.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #234 on: February 23, 2020, 11:31:39 AM »
The 'motivation' interviews on Pravda are going into overdrive. Mings today.

Offline Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #235 on: February 23, 2020, 11:38:32 AM »
Yet another depressing defeat to have to suffer, yet again we are having to rely on other teams to keep us out of the bottom 3, this time Man United and Liverpool. Can't wait for McGinn to come back, but don't think even he can save us, besides by the time he is fit it'll probably too late anyway.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #236 on: February 23, 2020, 11:42:25 AM »
In over half of our league games this season (14/27) teams have had 20+ shots on our goal.

How is that sustainable, why the fuck are we doing nothing about it? Southampton broke through us at will yesterday and this has been a common theme throughout the season. We have tried various formations with the same results, this has to be a training ground issue.

Offline nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #237 on: February 23, 2020, 11:48:02 AM »
In over half of our league games this season (14/27) teams have had 20+ shots on our goal.

How is that sustainable, why the fuck are we doing nothing about it? Southampton broke through us at will yesterday and this has been a common theme throughout the season. We have tried various formations with the same results, this has to be a training ground issue.

And that’s what will relegate us sadly. Smith has seen this from day one and failed to address it, even in the January window.

Even a handful of draws amongst those defeats would see us in a relatively comfortable position but we can’t stop sides creating chances.

No clean sheet away from home all season. It’s just woeful.

Offline Ditton33

« Reply #238 on: February 23, 2020, 12:07:25 PM »
I'm dreading next Sunday, might go out for a long walk! It will be interesting to see the team sheet next week if Smith says that some of them had played themselves out the final. Just one win out the last 3 would have put us in a much better position, we just don't seem to be able to perform against the lower league teams, and when we play one of the top teams our game management is none existent. God its depressing, we are sleep walking into relegation.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #239 on: February 23, 2020, 12:10:52 PM »

It is absolutely pathetic. And this morning I am a lot more angry than I was even yesterday. Going down would be an absolute disaster for the club and Purslow, Smith, the players and the owners have been too damn complacent all season. It has been a horrible season. So many defeats and an inability to grind out the odd draw.

Pathetic.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal