collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Southampton 2-0 Utterly gash Aston Villa Post Match Thread  (Read 27317 times)

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
Re: Southampton 2-0 Utterly gash Aston Villa Post Match Thread
« Reply #210 on: February 23, 2020, 01:10:13 AM »
This result is in keeping with many others this season.

From the total shots at goal (it's no accident that we have faced the most of all the teams in this division) to the ref letting their shitbags kick fcuk out of Jack and booking one of our lot first.

A point would have been welcome.  Unexpected, but welcome. BTW:  Smudger needs to leave the trash talk at home.  Do that when you are genuinely capable of turning sides over.

Online CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #211 on: February 23, 2020, 07:21:44 AM »
This result is in keeping with many others this season.

From the total shots at goal (it's no accident that we have faced the most of all the teams in this division) to the ref letting their shitbags kick fcuk out of Jack and booking one of our lot first.

A point would have been welcome.  Unexpected, but welcome. BTW:  Smudger needs to leave the trash talk at home.  Do that when you are genuinely capable of turning sides over.

The referee yesterday added to my thoughts that it's a total con. Once again, Jack was fouled five times with no card for them. Konsa caught their player one and the card was instant. It happens week after week.

As for Dean, I'm glad he said what he did. The only desire those players showed yesterday was to not get injured or break sweat. Not for the first time either.

For some of them to fuck off without even acknowledging the fans was just the icing on a very shitty cake.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #212 on: February 23, 2020, 07:31:18 AM »
I find some of our players genuinely unlikeable to be honest. Ambling around without breaking a sweat, playing as if eternally stoned, shirking challenges, and acting like genuine dimwits. Sodding off without acknowledging the fans? That's shitty behaviour, though some of them are probably genuinely terrified of the abuse they might receive.

We have some right weaklings in our team. El Ghazi yesterday...deary me.

I'm also glad about what Smith said, CT. Though I wonder if there's any self reflection on his part. We looked a very poor team yesterday, and it isn't the first time this season. It's about the 10th time, off the top of my head.

I might as well list the performances that have really fucked me off.

Palace away
Wolves away
Leicester home
Sheff Utd away
Southampton home
Watford away
Fulham in the cup
Man City home
Brighton away
Bournemouth away
Southampton away

Well, 11 times then. But you get the point.

There were some diabolical performances within this lot.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 07:37:02 AM by Axl Rose »

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #213 on: February 23, 2020, 07:35:50 AM »
Difficult to remember a worse performance that Guilbert, he missed tackles, mis controlled gave the ball away every time and played the whole game.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #214 on: February 23, 2020, 07:37:42 AM »
Difficult to remember a worse performance that Guilbert, he missed tackles, mis controlled gave the ball away every time and played the whole game.

Yeah, Freddie didn't play well at all. Is he injured? If that's the case he shouldn't be playing.

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #215 on: February 23, 2020, 07:58:36 AM »
I think he must have been injured - he had heavy strapping on his thigh

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #216 on: February 23, 2020, 08:11:01 AM »
I think he must have been injured - he had heavy strapping on his thigh
So why not sub him for a Elmo?
Does not make any sense at all.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #217 on: February 23, 2020, 08:18:01 AM »
Wouldn’t be the first time we’ve played players injured and aggravated the injury. What happened to having 2 players for each position.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 11:19:29 AM by OzVilla »

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #218 on: February 23, 2020, 08:52:36 AM »

He was an absolute horror show all game. Why on earth play him if he’s carrying a knock? Baffling.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #219 on: February 23, 2020, 08:53:55 AM »
I like Guilbert usually, think he’s a good player. Whole team was shit yesterday. One of them days. I can’t get my head around how good we were last week, yes we lost, but narrowly; to how shit we were against saints. Almost like a different team. What’s going on with El Ghazi?

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #220 on: February 23, 2020, 09:02:39 AM »
I like Guilbert usually, think he’s a good player. Whole team was shit yesterday. One of them days. I can’t get my head around how good we were last week, yes we lost, but narrowly; to how shit we were against saints. Almost like a different team. What’s going on with El Ghazi?
It wasn't that good least week. Their keeper had sod all to do. Another day and we'd have lost by 3-4 and we wouldn't have any complaints.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #221 on: February 23, 2020, 09:04:06 AM »
I've seen some poor performances from Villa sides over the years but that has got to be up there with them, probably near the top of the pile. It was absolutley woeful.

Offline The_ads

« Reply #222 on: February 23, 2020, 09:06:38 AM »
I've seen some poor performances from Villa sides over the years but that has got to be up there with them, probably near the top of the pile. It was absolutley woeful.

Agree. It was as bad as I’ve seen in the thick end of 35 years I’ve been going.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #223 on: February 23, 2020, 09:07:25 AM »
It wasn't that good least week. Their keeper had sod all to do. Another day and we'd have lost by 3-4 and we wouldn't have any complaints.

It wasn't that good and Spurs are their for the taking at the moment. We conceded 3 goals, committed numerous unforced errors and the keeper made a lot of good saves.

I think after being shit for so long we've lost focus of what is actually a good performance. Losing at home and conceding 3 really isn't.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #224 on: February 23, 2020, 09:21:19 AM »
We have our very survival in the Premiership at stake and they put in a I don't give a shit effort, shame on them all. Mings tried to drag El Ghazi up but the weak git just for me just played to get off the pitch, I've watched the replay a few times and what he appeared to be claiming was that his vision was affected, Mings looked pissed off.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal