collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Relegation Watch  (Read 151901 times)

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
Re: Relegation Watch
« Reply #1335 on: July 20, 2020, 01:32:14 PM »
I think that a lot of people attach their football club far too tightly to their self-esteem for their own good, and a select few go one step further and seem to get some masochistic gratification out of whining about it.

I think one of the best things you can do in life is to not obsess too much on things you have no direct control over. Whatever happens will happen - we'll still have a football club to go and watch at the end of it. Isn't that what it's all about?

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #1336 on: July 20, 2020, 01:44:08 PM »
Sounds like fatalism to me! Down with that sort of thing.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #1337 on: July 20, 2020, 01:46:25 PM »
We should call it the Seattle Nash Scale.

Where abouts are you between seat holding and face palming?
On the fence.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #1338 on: July 20, 2020, 01:55:39 PM »
Perhaps some of us have experienced how good we used to be and grieve to see what we have become.  And then have to be lectured about wanting better than we now get from the club we love.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1339 on: July 20, 2020, 03:53:29 PM »
Being pessimistic is one thing. Moaning about everything a dozen times over is a bit counter-productive.
But on here, on this very thread, the accusation is being thrown about (by the optimistic) that being pessimistic equates to wanting the club to be relegated in order to be proved right.  That's utter shit.

No it isn't.

Here you go...

Its all in our hands now. A win and a draw should do it, pending expected results elsewhere of course. If we balls this up we deserve to go down.

It’s in our hands pending results elsewhere?!

Yes, pending expected results elsewhere, Citeh beating Watford, Arsenal beating Watford and hoping Everton turn up against Bournemouth.

So we are hoping to beat Arsenal, who outplayed Citeh at the weekend but hope that said Citeh beat Watford and then the Arsenal we manage to beat return to form to beat Watford, with nothing to play for in the league and one eye on the cup final...….Okaaaaayyyy!
It’s comments like this that convince me that some fans want to see us relegated.
We are Aston Villa.
As I said if you read the thread , I was repeating what someone said as I thought it was ridiculous and funny.
It was a joke. Not my opinion but I think it was Rambo who said it and meant it.

Offline wince

« Reply #1340 on: July 20, 2020, 03:56:07 PM »
There is a slim chance we stay up but I’m grounded in realism of what villa actually achieve. We have been struggling al year and my hope is that we would have been certain one way or another at this point because it’s the hope that kills you. I just hope we launch from the blocks tomorrow and attack attack attack. If we stay up and a big if, the club need to learn the lessons. I just don’t see us getting the points to pass Watford at the moment. Please villa prove me wrong!

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1341 on: July 20, 2020, 05:49:01 PM »
Right, come on Newcastle. A nice eight goal win drags Brighton back into it...

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1342 on: July 20, 2020, 05:53:10 PM »
We should call it the Seattle Nash Scale.

Where abouts are you between seat holding and face palming?

Heh

Offline exiled on the wirral!

« Reply #1343 on: July 20, 2020, 07:00:55 PM »
It's starting to feel that some people want us to fail just so they are proven right on a supporters forum...sad.

There it is.
The point I'm making Hilts and what others are making, is it's fine to think we are going down, and it's fine to think Smith is not up to the job.

But it starts to piss people off when it's rammed down your throat 10 times a day, as I say to make everyone aware that if we do go down 'you know where you heard it 1st' .

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1344 on: July 20, 2020, 07:14:35 PM »
A stat ahead of tomorrow, Watford are 0-14 down from their last two games against citeh. They've lost all of the last 12 meetings with an aggregate score of 6-46.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #1345 on: July 20, 2020, 07:30:41 PM »
A stat ahead of tomorrow, Watford are 0-14 down from their last two games against citeh. They've lost all of the last 12 meetings with an aggregate score of 6-46.

Please don’t post statistics like those, you just know what’ll happen next...

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1346 on: July 20, 2020, 07:38:09 PM »

Please don’t post statistics like those, you just know what’ll happen next...

Yep, they get twatted.

Offline Richie

« Reply #1347 on: July 20, 2020, 07:46:51 PM »
Looking on the positive side for Sunday (if it goes that far), looks like Everton could be arsed again.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #1348 on: July 20, 2020, 08:23:52 PM »
Looking on the positive side for Sunday (if it goes that far), looks like Everton could be arsed again.

It will go that far even if we lose tomorrow, providing Watford get spanked by Manchester City.  If Watford do lose heavily, a draw would be decent enough for us as we are probably going to need to win at West Ham whatever and that point would put us ahead of Bournemouth. 

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1349 on: July 20, 2020, 08:55:23 PM »
I'm glad Watford have put existing coaching staff in charge for the last two games. I thought they had someone lined-up of stature to replace Ostrich-face and were banking on a different and respected voice getting that extra bit of motivation/organisation from their players.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal