collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Relegation Watch  (Read 150308 times)

Offline lovejoy

Re: Relegation Watch
« Reply #1260 on: July 19, 2020, 11:01:21 PM »
Its all in our hands now. A win and a draw should do it, pending expected results elsewhere of course. If we balls this up we deserve to go down.

It’s in our hands pending results elsewhere?!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 11:07:24 PM by lovejoy »

Offline Damo70

« Reply #1261 on: July 19, 2020, 11:02:40 PM »
I hope so, but we have learned over the years that you can't trust Arsenal.

Do you ever feel that you might be a bit paranoid where they're concerned?

He's right.

I've literally never met a decent Arsenal fan. Chelsea, Man U, Man City, even fucking Liverpool have one or two decent followers.

Arsenal - shower of bastards the absolute lot of them.

I'll have to introduce you to my wife.

Is she a goer? Nudge nudge wink wink know what I mean? Does she go? Likes games? I bet she does.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #1262 on: July 19, 2020, 11:03:56 PM »
None of the usual "we thank him for his efforts and wish him well for the future" platitudes, I see.

I thought the same. It was a rather terse statement.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1263 on: July 20, 2020, 12:01:06 AM »
Talking about home and away performance is a bit of a red herring, isn't it? - without a crowd the home-performance record since the start of this mini-league has softened generally.

There haven't been as many shock results as I thought they'd be tbh, home form generally only been a factor for likes of us, Norwich and Bournemouth. We'd all surely have picked up more home points with fans in the ground. None have picked up an away win since restart (add Watford to that aswell).

Arsenal since the restart have won v Norwich and Liverpool at home and lost 3 of their 5 away games so that's generally what they've been doing during the season.

It's simply a question of motivation for them in these last two games but they're more likely to be relaxed and play free in their home environment. Watford will probably set up defensively to try to scrap out a point aswell.

Offline tony scott

• GM : 31.05.2020
« Reply #1264 on: July 20, 2020, 02:13:07 AM »
The way I see it Sunday was a brilliant day for us we didn’t concede a goal! Bournemouth lost, Watford mislaid their manager cheerie stuff. This leaves Watford still in the driving seat but looking shaky and  cherries, almost certainly gone, as for us all that’ll I’ll say is  we have renewed hope UTV

Offline Le Lapin

• GM : 14.10.2022
« Reply #1265 on: July 20, 2020, 06:10:59 AM »
Its all in our hands now. A win and a draw should do it, pending expected results elsewhere of course. If we balls this up we deserve to go down.

Yes, pending expected results elsewhere, Citeh beating Watford, Arsenal beating Watford and hoping Everton turn up against Bournemouth.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1266 on: July 20, 2020, 06:11:40 AM »

He's right.

I've literally never met a decent Arsenal fan. Chelsea, Man U, Man City, even fucking Liverpool have one or two decent followers.

How do you literally never meet anyone?

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1267 on: July 20, 2020, 06:52:42 AM »
A lot of my friends are Arsenal fans and each of them is a ******.

Offline frank black

« Reply #1268 on: July 20, 2020, 07:01:42 AM »

He's right.

How do you literally never meet anyone?

Piers Morgan and Alan Davies (Case rested your honor)

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1269 on: July 20, 2020, 07:26:30 AM »
Only one game left for Bournemouth and they look down.  Even if they beat Everton, say 1-0, it probably won't be enough for them.  That Southampton result was really damaging for them.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #1270 on: July 20, 2020, 07:53:04 AM »

Yes, pending expected results elsewhere, Citeh beating Watford, Arsenal beating Watford and hoping Everton turn up against Bournemouth.

So we are hoping to beat Arsenal, who outplayed Citeh at the weekend but hope that said Citeh beat Watford and then the Arsenal we manage to beat return to form to beat Watford, with nothing to play for in the league and one eye on the cup final...….Okaaaaayyyy!

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1271 on: July 20, 2020, 07:58:02 AM »

So we are hoping to beat Arsenal, who outplayed Citeh at the weekend but hope that said Citeh beat Watford and then the Arsenal we manage to beat return to form to beat Watford, with nothing to play for in the league and one eye on the cup final...….Okaaaaayyyy!
It’s comments like this that convince me that some fans want to see us relegated.
We are Aston Villa.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #1272 on: July 20, 2020, 08:02:16 AM »
It's the last thing I want to see, but there is no logic to thinking we can get out of it with a win vs Arse, who we haven't beaten at VP since who knows when, and expect Watford not to do so.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1273 on: July 20, 2020, 08:04:36 AM »

It’s comments like this that convince me that some fans want to see us relegated.
We are Aston Villa.
That's what I thought. We have some strange fans don't we?

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1274 on: July 20, 2020, 08:31:59 AM »
all clubs have some strange fans.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal