collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Mbwana Samatta. Sold. Puns still banned.  (Read 121649 times)

richtheholtender

Re: Mbwana Samatta. Sold. Puns still banned.
« Reply #915 on: September 28, 2020, 10:14:01 AM »
Wasn't there a rumour about Hadji having a bonus if he played 50 games for us, so he was stuck on 49 appearances?
Darren Bent something similar

In true Villa fashion, instead of paying a small bonus to go scorer, we sacrifice his goals, the £18-£24 million we paid and subsequently our place in the premier league. Let’s hope this new villa model continues to be different.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #916 on: September 28, 2020, 10:32:37 AM »
Wasn't there a rumour about Hadji having a bonus if he played 50 games for us, so he was stuck on 49 appearances?
Darren Bent something similar

In true Villa fashion, instead of paying a small bonus to go scorer, we sacrifice his goals, the £18-£24 million we paid and subsequently our place in the premier league. Let’s hope this new villa model continues to be different.

It wasn't, and we didn't. These rumours come round every time a player doesn't get picked for whatever reason and they're invariably nonsense. 

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #917 on: September 28, 2020, 10:33:12 AM »
On Facebook the Tanzanians are all wishing triple relegations on us for the mistreatment of their hero & someone responded that they ‘couldn’t give a monkeys’ what the Tanzanians thought.

It has apparently gone through google translates as something along the lines of ‘Your mother is a monkey’ & there was quite the tiff about racism for a moment!

Haha. Oh dear. Absolutely best not to get involved, whatsoever.

I wasn't a fan of his at all, but wish him well, and think he'll make his fans proud with his goals and performances in Turkey. Premier League level was beond him.

Offline Cliftonville Villlain

« Reply #918 on: September 28, 2020, 11:50:23 AM »
Suso was dispatched for a reason.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #919 on: September 28, 2020, 01:09:12 PM »
He looked great for a match or two.  I suspect the premier league defenders worked him out after that and he couldn't get into the game at all. 

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #920 on: September 28, 2020, 03:07:04 PM »
It's the Cahill decision that mystified me the most.

Pissed me off no end, I'm sure at the time he wanted Cuellar as centre back instead.

If I recall correctly, MON rated Davies higher than Cahill. We had a lot of centre halves coming and going then, Lauren had to retire through injury and I think Davies suffered a bad injury which MON took as a sign to bring in both Dunne and Collins. He gave up on Shorey very quickly after signing him too. Lack of oversight on our transfer business was our biggest failing then.

It has continued into more recent times, both Bruce and Smith have a fascination with right backs. Failing to recognise the opposite flank as requiring improvement as a priority.

Offline Mellin

« Reply #921 on: September 28, 2020, 03:45:53 PM »
The Cahill one was strange even at the time. I think most were in agreement that he was someone we should be holding on to, maybe even starting, but O'Neill obviously saw it differently.

I remember rumours about wanting first team football. If that's the reason he left, he should have been given it.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #922 on: September 28, 2020, 03:48:39 PM »
The Cahill one was strange even at the time. I think most were in agreement that he was someone we should be holding on to, maybe even starting, but O'Neill obviously saw it differently.

I remember rumours about wanting first team football. If that's the reason he left, he should have been given it.

And yet at the time, for everyone who said it was daft to sell him, there was another who quoted parrot-fashion that he "wasn't prepared to fight for his place."
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 04:12:54 PM by dave.woodhall »

Offline Damo70

« Reply #923 on: September 28, 2020, 03:57:27 PM »
It's the Cahill decision that mystified me the most.

Pissed me off no end, I'm sure at the time he wanted Cuellar as centre back instead.

If I recall correctly, MON rated Davies higher than Cahill. We had a lot of centre halves coming and going then, Lauren had to retire through injury and I think Davies suffered a bad injury which MON took as a sign to bring in both Dunne and Collins. He gave up on Shorey very quickly after signing him too. Lack of oversight on our transfer business was our biggest failing then.

It has continued into more recent times, both Bruce and Smith have a fascination with right backs. Failing to recognise the opposite flank as requiring improvement as a priority.

To be fair Dunne, Collins and Warnock were all excellent in their first season with us. But they all fell away badly form wise after that initial year. I think I read somewhere that MON and Cahill fell out because MON didn't like Cahill's style of play for some reason.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #924 on: September 28, 2020, 03:58:37 PM »
A cultured defender capable of a Van Basten derby goal? Yeah, too much of a liability...

Offline Cliftonville Villlain

« Reply #925 on: September 29, 2020, 02:33:05 PM »
Was Cahill not replaced by Zat Knight? Cahill being forced out was the beginning of my doubts in regards to O'Neill. An opportunity to cement ourselves top 4 truly squandered. We're still playing catch up because of it.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #926 on: October 03, 2020, 06:43:29 PM »
Good for him.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #927 on: October 03, 2020, 07:21:06 PM »

Offline rougegorge

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #929 on: October 03, 2020, 07:55:24 PM »
I keep watching that and seeing Davis hit the post.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal