collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Lille vs Aston Villa - Conf League QF 2nd leg - pre match chatter by Pete3206
[Today at 07:01:05 PM]

Ollie Watkins by pablo_picasso
[Today at 06:59:25 PM]

NSWE Investment by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:52:40 PM]

Nicolò Zaniolo SIGNED (on loan) by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:50:48 PM]

Champions League Contention by KevinGage
[Today at 06:41:37 PM]

Arsenal 0-2 Aston Villa Post match interaction by LeeB
[Today at 05:19:25 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by LeeB
[Today at 05:11:35 PM]

Villa Park by FrankyH
[Today at 05:02:16 PM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Mbwana Samatta. Sold. Puns still banned.  (Read 122706 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Mbwana Samatta. Puns banned.
« Reply #240 on: January 20, 2020, 10:07:07 AM »
How does Sexual Ealing from Brent know all about Barnt Green and I a mere Green have never heard of Mere Green.  Bordesley, yes, Acocks, yes, Soylent, yes.  Mere?  Uh uh.

It's basically a bit of Four Oaks in Sutton Coldfield Brian.  A roundabout, some shops, a pub, a petrol station, a few restaurants  and a primary school.  The Renato's that's there now is in a fairly new precinct, Mulberry Walk,  so couldn't be the one frequented by BFR.  And I guess owned by Renato's family, since the big man has shuffled off the mortal coil.  It's dog and kid friendly and the mural is quite something.     

I've just checked where my nan lived, and it was the bottom end of Slade Road which by my reckoning puts it more in Roughley than Mere Green.  Anyway it was there that my Villa journey began, as both grandparents were Villa fans.  My nan used to get her hair done by one of her friends, 'Aunty' Pauline, who had a parrot that used to say "Up the Villa".

I used to see 'Roughley' on the bus in town, and still to this day I haven't got a fucking clue where it is supposed to be.

I can tell you roughly where it is.

Online WarszaVillan

• GM : 06.10.2023
« Reply #241 on: January 20, 2020, 10:22:55 AM »
How does Sexual Ealing from Brent know all about Barnt Green and I a mere Green have never heard of Mere Green.  Bordesley, yes, Acocks, yes, Soylent, yes.  Mere?  Uh uh.

It's basically a bit of Four Oaks in Sutton Coldfield Brian.  A roundabout, some shops, a pub, a petrol station, a few restaurants  and a primary school.  The Renato's that's there now is in a fairly new precinct, Mulberry Walk,  so couldn't be the one frequented by BFR.  And I guess owned by Renato's family, since the big man has shuffled off the mortal coil.  It's dog and kid friendly and the mural is quite something.     

I've just checked where my nan lived, and it was the bottom end of Slade Road which by my reckoning puts it more in Roughley than Mere Green.  Anyway it was there that my Villa journey began, as both grandparents were Villa fans.  My nan used to get her hair done by one of her friends, 'Aunty' Pauline, who had a parrot that used to say "Up the Villa".

I used to see 'Roughley' on the bus in town, and still to this day I haven't got a fucking clue where it is supposed to be.

The Birmingham Yoker

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #242 on: January 20, 2020, 10:34:38 AM »

The Birmingham Yoker

Ha ha, I love Limmy. He pure channels 'stoned Paul Lambert' for Dee Dee.

Offline oldtimernow

• GM : 18.09.2024
« Reply #243 on: January 20, 2020, 10:59:40 AM »

Slade Road?

More Aston and Stockland Green.

Roughly can be nearly anywhere you want it to be on that basis.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #244 on: January 20, 2020, 11:01:21 AM »

Slade Road is Roughley I'd say.  One of the things I like about living round there, having grown up in Smethwick,  is that almost everyone is Villa.   

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #245 on: January 20, 2020, 11:02:49 AM »

Slade Road?

That's a different Slade Road.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #246 on: January 20, 2020, 11:03:04 AM »
I can only imagine the hold up on the transfer is that we are awaiting final approval from Noel Whelan and Danny Mills.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #247 on: January 20, 2020, 11:27:54 AM »
There's only so much you can do to kill time in Shenstone

Offline frank black

« Reply #248 on: January 20, 2020, 11:29:05 AM »
Need to be done by 12 today doesn’t it? (To play tomorrow)

Offline tony scott

• GM : 31.05.2020
« Reply #249 on: January 20, 2020, 11:35:22 AM »
Is it possible we could capture another striker before this lad signs ?

Offline postal

« Reply #250 on: January 20, 2020, 11:38:00 AM »

Thats a bit greedy... you'd obviously dont agree with the club policy of having a one (fit) forward  ::)

Offline oldtimernow

• GM : 18.09.2024
« Reply #251 on: January 20, 2020, 11:46:19 AM »

Slade Road?

The Original Slade I might suggest 

Not some posher out of town version ;)

My Slade is better than yours cos it's nearer to "home"  and I bet I'm older than you too

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #252 on: January 20, 2020, 11:49:16 AM »

Thats a bit greedy... you'd obviously dont agree with the club policy of having a one (fit) forward  ::)

Who's that?

Offline Border villan

• Carrying out missionary work on the Welsh border.
« Reply #253 on: January 20, 2020, 11:51:43 AM »

Slade Road?

This is all crazy now.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #254 on: January 20, 2020, 11:51:45 AM »

There's more chance of me capturing Kylie Minogue and Bella Hadid for a night in.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal