collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Nev
[Today at 07:50:45 AM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Mister E
[Today at 07:49:10 AM]

Liverpool by johnc
[Today at 07:48:11 AM]

MOTD by ChicagoLion
[Today at 07:34:31 AM]

GUESS THE CROWD R26: ASTON VILLA v Chelsea, Saturday, 27th April!🥧 by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 06:25:57 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 03:52:31 AM]

Kaine Kesler Hayden by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:49:43 AM]

Snooker by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:29:25 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Mbwana Samatta. Sold. Puns still banned.  (Read 123116 times)

Offline oldtimernow

• GM : 18.09.2024
Re: Mbwana Samatta. Puns banned.
« Reply #255 on: January 20, 2020, 11:54:50 AM »
How does Sexual Ealing from Brent know all about Barnt Green and I a mere Green have never heard of Mere Green.  Bordesley, yes, Acocks, yes, Soylent, yes.  Mere?  Uh uh.

It's basically a bit of Four Oaks in Sutton Coldfield Brian.  A roundabout, some shops, a pub, a petrol station, a few restaurants  and a primary school.  The Renato's that's there now is in a fairly new precinct, Mulberry Walk,  so couldn't be the one frequented by BFR.  And I guess owned by Renato's family, since the big man has shuffled off the mortal coil.  It's dog and kid friendly and the mural is quite something.     

I've just checked where my nan lived, and it was the bottom end of Slade Road which by my reckoning puts it more in Roughley than Mere Green.  Anyway it was there that my Villa journey began, as both grandparents were Villa fans.  My nan used to get her hair done by one of her friends, 'Aunty' Pauline, who had a parrot that used to say "Up the Villa".

I used to see 'Roughley' on the bus in town, and still to this day I haven't got a fucking clue where it is supposed to be.

Slade Road?

More Aston and Stockland Green.

Roughly can be nearly anywhere you want it to be on that basis.

That's a different Slade Road.

This is all crazy now.

Any better ideas for filling in the waiting time will be accepted!

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #256 on: January 20, 2020, 11:56:14 AM »
There's more chance of me capturing Kylie Minogue and Bella Hadid for a night in.
I am their agent Des so do you want me to quote rates as they are both available tonight?😉

Offline Breezeblock

• GM : 29.11.2024
« Reply #257 on: January 20, 2020, 12:14:40 PM »
How does Sexual Ealing from Brent know all about Barnt Green and I a mere Green have never heard of Mere Green.  Bordesley, yes, Acocks, yes, Soylent, yes.  Mere?  Uh uh.

It's basically a bit of Four Oaks in Sutton Coldfield Brian.  A roundabout, some shops, a pub, a petrol station, a few restaurants  and a primary school.  The Renato's that's there now is in a fairly new precinct, Mulberry Walk,  so couldn't be the one frequented by BFR.  And I guess owned by Renato's family, since the big man has shuffled off the mortal coil.  It's dog and kid friendly and the mural is quite something.     

I've just checked where my nan lived, and it was the bottom end of Slade Road which by my reckoning puts it more in Roughley than Mere Green.  Anyway it was there that my Villa journey began, as both grandparents were Villa fans.  My nan used to get her hair done by one of her friends, 'Aunty' Pauline, who had a parrot that used to say "Up the Villa".

I used to see 'Roughley' on the bus in town, and still to this day I haven't got a fucking clue where it is supposed to be.

Slade Road?

This is all crazy now.

Any better ideas for fillin
g in the waiting time will be accepted!
Still waiting for a striker. In the meantime Merry Christmas, Everybody!

Sorry, I Won't Let It 'Appen Agen!

Offline Holy Trinity

« Reply #258 on: January 20, 2020, 12:14:55 PM »
Here's hoping the paperwork has been filed

Offline Big Ming

« Reply #259 on: January 20, 2020, 12:28:41 PM »
Nothing on the OS yet.

Offline Big Ming

« Reply #260 on: January 20, 2020, 12:32:45 PM »
Nothing on the OS yet.

Must be some Watford fans handling registrations at the Premier League.

Offline Holy Trinity

« Reply #261 on: January 20, 2020, 12:34:32 PM »
Well we only have to file the paperwork by 12. We can announce him wherever we want after its filed I guess

Offline Holy Trinity

« Reply #262 on: January 20, 2020, 12:37:25 PM »
Oops double post

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #263 on: January 20, 2020, 12:40:00 PM »
Is it 12 or 5:30? I dunno. Just sign a fucking striker you bastards.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #264 on: January 20, 2020, 12:41:01 PM »
There's more chance of me capturing Kylie Minogue and Bella Hadid for a night in.
I am their agent Des so do you want me to quote rates as they are both available tonight?😉

Yes please!  I won't need all night.  20  mins should do it

Offline oldtimernow

• GM : 18.09.2024
« Reply #265 on: January 20, 2020, 12:48:17 PM »

Yes please!  I won't need all night.  20  mins should do it

BOGOF?

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #266 on: January 20, 2020, 12:51:40 PM »
He'll surely not be available for the game tomorrow, at this point. Would be very (pleasantly) surprised.

Offline postal

« Reply #267 on: January 20, 2020, 12:54:51 PM »
Is it possible we could capture another striker before this lad signs ?

Thats a bit greedy... you'd obviously dont agree with the club policy of having a one (fit) forward  ::)

Who's that?

The fit forward will be Samatta if he ever signs and is announced
The other one,will be the "capture another striker before this lad signs". No idea who.

I'm hopeful for Vassilev might be a a bit of gem, even if he runs around confusing the opposition that we have a "striker"

UTV

Offline Ugo

« Reply #268 on: January 20, 2020, 01:00:18 PM »
Renato’s restaurant, which I think was called something else, was in Lichfield.

Used to visit the Mere Green restaurant frequently with my parents when Renato was the "singing waiter". Sometime after he left the Mere Green restaurant, which he didn't own, he opened a restaurant somewhere in Moseley area.
The Gondola? Was above the music shop. Emma Willis, her of TV presenting fame, was also a waitress there.

Offline maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #269 on: January 20, 2020, 01:00:41 PM »

Slade Road?

This is all crazy now.

And to send the thread even further off subject, Noddy Holder lived in Pilkington Avenue.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal