collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 02:59:16 PM]

Robin Olsen by AV84
[Today at 02:58:00 PM]

VAR by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 02:55:32 PM]

Official Website by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 02:50:07 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 02:45:11 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Drummond
[Today at 02:43:00 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Drummond
[Today at 02:34:47 PM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 02:32:30 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 02:59:16 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by AV84
[Today at 02:58:00 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by DB
[Today at 02:57:05 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by OCD
[Today at 02:56:00 PM]

Re: VAR by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 02:55:32 PM]

[Today at 02:52:54 PM]

[Today at 02:52:34 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by AV84
[Today at 02:52:02 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Next Aston Villa Manager  (Read 56002 times)

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: Next Aston Villa Manager
« Reply #255 on: December 28, 2019, 11:26:13 PM »
How can you continue to send the same players out playing the same system that is continually failing.

This is what gets me.

I find myself wanting to scream IT ISN'T FUCKING WORKING but it's largely unchanged every week.

Sure, he might juggle around heads in midfield or swap AEG or Trezeguet around, but 433 or whatever the fuck it was today, with Jack out left just doesn't fucking work.

I feel like we are burning points and matches waiting for something to click.

It is a bit like Bruce. He didn't understand tactics so would just 'gee the lads up, send them out' and wait as long as it took until it clicked a bit and they went on a run.

It's all so fucking brainless, this is the last thing I expected from Smith, the last thing.

Online IFWaters

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #256 on: December 28, 2019, 11:26:53 PM »
Jokanovic

OK he got the sack at Fulham but everyone deserves a second chance....

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #257 on: December 28, 2019, 11:40:12 PM »
How can you continue to send the same players out playing the same system that is continually failing.

This is what gets me.

I find myself wanting to scream IT ISN'T FUCKING WORKING but it's largely unchanged every week.

Sure, he might juggle around heads in midfield or swap AEG or Trezeguet around, but 433 or whatever the fuck it was today, with Jack out left just doesn't fucking work.

It is a bit like Bruce. He didn't understand tactics so would just 'gee the lads up, send them out' and wait as long as it took until it clicked a bit and they went on a run.

It's all so fucking brainless, this is the last thing I expected from Smith, the last thing.

Sure Smith was at the same craic last year when Grealish was out. Refused to change tactics and didn't we drift to 13th in the table before that Derby game? Brentford fans warned the same when he came in.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #258 on: December 28, 2019, 11:41:42 PM »

Benitez to me is more realistic given he's said he'll manage in the premier league again. Bit of a problem though he's worked before with Suso and Purslow and didn't get on with either.

I'm not sure £12m a year is realistic to be honest.

F*ck me, PWS has just turned down the Villa job because he wants more than twelve million a year  ;D

Offline Damo70

« Reply #259 on: December 28, 2019, 11:51:59 PM »
It's not all about money though, no manager like Dyche will drop down the table to come to us and big names with CL experience probably see us as a but of a basket case still....with a bang average squad.

Dyche might think he has taken Burnley as far as he can and might fancy the Villa job. SGT gave up a job for life at Watford and dropped a division to manage The Villa.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #260 on: December 28, 2019, 11:56:35 PM »
I’m really not sure others would do better with this set of players, they really aren’t good enough.

Nah. I’m not having that. After 5 games we were purring what a bargain Engels looked, how Nakamba was Kante Mark 2 and what a lovely player Luiz looked.  Are we man for man a worse team than Sheffield United?

They've had a few seasons to gel as a team. We've had 5 months.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #261 on: December 28, 2019, 11:59:43 PM »
I'd hope that with owners richer than Scrooge McDuck we'll be a bit more ambitious than Sean can't clear his throat Dyche.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #262 on: December 29, 2019, 12:01:51 AM »
I’m really not sure others would do better with this set of players, they really aren’t good enough.

Nah. I’m not having that. After 5 games we were purring what a bargain Engels looked, how Nakamba was Kante Mark 2 and what a lovely player Luiz looked.  Are we man for man a worse team than Sheffield United?

So our plan should be sign a load of division 3 players, play in division 3 and 2 for a few years and then we'll be good enough for the top flight?

Offline wozwebs

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #263 on: December 29, 2019, 12:06:47 AM »
Usually the players have tweeted or posted on IG by now. The usual Steve Bruce ‘we go again, thanks for your support’ messages. Tonight, nothing. Wonder if something is afoot? For me I would give him the window and potentially to the end of the season but will the owners risk it?

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #264 on: December 29, 2019, 12:07:29 AM »
I'd hope that with owners richer than Scrooge McDuck we'll be a bit more ambitious than Sean can't clear his throat Dyche.
Agree, credit where its due but fuck is this the limit of our ambition?

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #265 on: December 29, 2019, 12:07:33 AM »

So our plan should be sign a load of division 3 players, play in division 3 and 2 for a few years and then we'll be good enough for the top flight?

Is that what I said?

If you have a system and way of playing, with players who are clear about their role in it, having done so for 3 years, then you can be successful.

We're trying to develop something in the hardest league in the world and it's not working. It's hardly a surprise, and I'm sure most would have been happy finishing 17th at the beginning of the season.

Now, if that's the target we're pretty close, admittedly however it's not going very well at all right now.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #266 on: December 29, 2019, 01:05:10 AM »
Let's not forget that Henry was wanted but chose to take Monaco and Rui Faria was a wanted candidate but rejected the chance .
Dean Smith was I think if I'm right 3rd choice.
He suited the situation and was realistic for the time. And still is.
 Its clear football coaches , head coaches are wanted rather than managers.

Offline Hockley Lion

• GM : 24.05.2022
« Reply #267 on: December 29, 2019, 01:05:29 AM »
But may have to pay 12m back. It's a pretty common business practice. A pal had one lasting 2 years.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #268 on: December 29, 2019, 01:26:52 AM »

This is what gets me.

It's worked for him up until now, but he is new to the P.L. Adapt or die, the law of natural selection. I think the owners were prepared for a rough ride. Could be wrong, of course.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #269 on: December 29, 2019, 01:45:25 AM »
He looks like he’s been spooked, lost his confidence, to me. In those early months of the season we were getting at teams, one of the leading scorers in the division if I recall, but we were just a bit naive. In trying to correct it he’s tried to make us more solid and all it’s done is reduce our attacking threat - we now create less chances which only serves to highlight our attack isn’t all that - to put it nicely - and our defensive games isn’t good enough to soak up pressure.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal