collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 04:16:31 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 04:12:37 PM]

FFP by Lsvilla
[Today at 04:10:32 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by pablo_picasso
[Today at 04:06:51 PM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Somniloquism
[Today at 04:03:20 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 03:59:30 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Nii Lamptey
[Today at 03:58:15 PM]

VAR by Somniloquism
[Today at 03:49:31 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 04:16:31 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by LeeB
[Today at 04:14:09 PM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 04:12:37 PM]

Re: FFP by Lsvilla
[Today at 04:10:32 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Monty
[Today at 04:09:31 PM]

Re: FFP by olaftab
[Today at 04:08:28 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Dave
[Today at 04:08:02 PM]

Re: FFP by LeeB
[Today at 04:07:46 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Next Aston Villa Manager  (Read 56016 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: Next Aston Villa Manager
« Reply #150 on: December 28, 2019, 07:56:55 PM »
The only thing with Poch is he strikes me as someone who could be interested in a project, rather than someone like the Whinging One that only wants clubs already there. It's a slim chance with Poch and he may well be at the stage he wants a club already there, but if the owners are as ambitious as I hope they are then i'd hope we at least make an enquiry if we bin DS, even if Poch does laugh down the phone.

Offline john2710

« Reply #151 on: December 28, 2019, 07:57:28 PM »
Anyone thinking Benitez or Pochettino will be rocking up at Villa Park anytime soon is deluded.

You probably voted for Wenger.

I didn't vote for anyone.
It's not as simple as changing the manager, the players & recruitment strategy is equally questionable.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #152 on: December 28, 2019, 07:58:04 PM »
Agree. Doesn't hurt to ask the question. If he says no, we just go for somebody else amazing.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #153 on: December 28, 2019, 07:59:01 PM »
I don't think he laugh down the phone. I think he'd collapse in hysterics.

Offline Roysmert

« Reply #154 on: December 28, 2019, 08:02:39 PM »
Fuck, no. He's a c***. His "achievements" consist of zero trophies and finishing second in a competition that only two teams can win. And he's a c***. I know I've mentioned that already, but thought it was worth emphasising.

So Bono > Stevie G ? :)

That's actually quite close. Throw in Robbie cocking Williams and you have the full Trumvirate of Twattery.
Out of pure interest CD, have you ever met SG?
And labelling him a #### is based upon what exactly?
Your hatred of all things Liverpudian ?
:)

Eh? No, I don't hate Ron Saunders, Dennis Mortimer or Tony Morley, funnily enough. You're a bit bloody defensive whenever anyone criticises anything that happens to be associated with Liverpool.

Is it okay that I dislike slavery, Cilla Black and Esther McVey but quite like The Beatles, Alexei Sayle and Tom Baker?

No, I hate Gerrard because he was a cheating, diving bastard who should have gone to prison for assaulting someone because they had different taste in music to him.

If that's okay with you?
I am with CDB on this.
Now then. VCTM lives there, his kids are locals, his missus us, he's met the guy, and others close to him, so I'll defer to his right to offer his defence of all things scouse. The thieving little scallies ;)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #155 on: December 28, 2019, 08:03:39 PM »
Everton apparently enquired to Poch's agent but were quickly told he wasn't interested.

There's talk he could be a target for Man. City if Guardiola leaves. Chelsea job may also come up in near future. Plus all the ones abroad like Juventus, PSG and Bayern Munich.

Benitez to me is more realistic given he's said he'll manage in the premier league again. Bit of a problem though he's worked before with Suso and Purslow and didn't get on with either.

Offline Roysmert

« Reply #156 on: December 28, 2019, 08:04:06 PM »
The thread I started for this got shut down a week ago.  :(

Tradition says only Risso can start the Manager Out thread.

I'm cool with that. Risso is an intelligent person

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #157 on: December 28, 2019, 08:10:49 PM »
I think Risso should start the Pochettino Out thread now, save fucking around.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #158 on: December 28, 2019, 08:11:54 PM »

Benitez to me is more realistic given he's said he'll manage in the premier league again. Bit of a problem though he's worked before with Suso and Purslow and didn't get on with either.

I'm not sure £12m a year is realistic to be honest.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #159 on: December 28, 2019, 08:13:35 PM »
Quite a few people don't hang around too long in China, big money or otherwise.

And, let's face it, it's not like he'd be claiming tax credits to make ends meet if he ends up managing in the Premier League.

Offline The_ads

« Reply #160 on: December 28, 2019, 08:14:59 PM »
We’ve more chance of securing the services of Rafa Nadal. This site never ceases to amaze me

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #161 on: December 28, 2019, 08:16:35 PM »
Fuck, no. He's a c***. His "achievements" consist of zero trophies and finishing second in a competition that only two teams can win. And he's a c***. I know I've mentioned that already, but thought it was worth emphasising.

That's actually quite close. Throw in Robbie cocking Williams and you have the full Trumvirate of Twattery.

Eh? No, I don't hate Ron Saunders, Dennis Mortimer or Tony Morley, funnily enough. You're a bit bloody defensive whenever anyone criticises anything that happens to be associated with Liverpool.

Is it okay that I dislike slavery, Cilla Black and Esther McVey but quite like The Beatles, Alexei Sayle and Tom Baker?

No, I hate Gerrard because he was a cheating, diving bastard who should have gone to prison for assaulting someone because they had different taste in music to him.

If that's okay with you?

If that's okay with you?
That's fine with me sweetie ......let me buy you a drink near Anfield when we play LFC, just to prove there are no hard feelings......for the sake of accuracy Tony Morley is a "Woolyback"
-From Ormskirk ;)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #162 on: December 28, 2019, 08:18:10 PM »
Never heard that before. Think I have been a woolyback since about the age of 23 but at least it keeps me warm in the winter... 😧

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #163 on: December 28, 2019, 08:18:37 PM »
I think all this talk is immaterial as they are not gonna sack someone who they've only given a new contract to less than 2 months ago, especially as there is no outstanding, realistic target. Poch is gonna get one of the biggest jobs in the world during the summer, Benetiz and Purslow don't get on, plus he's on huge money, which leaves the normal runners and riders like Moyes, Hughton etc i rather have DS to be honest. If he doesn't get a couple of shrewd signings in and changes our tactics, then he will be the man to take us down.

Offline The_ads

« Reply #164 on: December 28, 2019, 08:19:18 PM »
It's not delusion to think Poch could come here with a window and financial backing. It's a fantastic opportunity for a manager. If Dean is sacked then call Poch, ask him what he wants and offer it.

It couldn't hurt to contact Poch. Considering he was supposed to be nailed on to be the next manager of Manchester United, Arsenal, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and Juventus to the best of my knowledge he is currently out of work.

Put down the Brandy fella.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal