collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: VAR by chrisw1
[Today at 02:21:00 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by paul_e
[Today at 02:13:51 PM]

Re: VAR by paul_e
[Today at 02:09:51 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by ChicagoLion
[Today at 02:08:41 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by The Edge
[Today at 02:05:37 PM]

Re: VAR by chrisw1
[Today at 02:04:45 PM]

Re: MOTD by LeeB
[Today at 01:56:14 PM]

Re: VAR by LeeB
[Today at 01:54:03 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Next Aston Villa Manager  (Read 55997 times)

Offline john2710

Re: Next Aston Villa Manager
« Reply #135 on: December 28, 2019, 07:41:44 PM »
Anyone thinking Benitez or Pochettino will be rocking up at Villa Park anytime soon is deluded.

We need motivation, organisation, experience & 3 or 4 players in key positions to stop the rot.

Minimum of central midfield, centre forward & wide forward.

Haven't got a clue who might come in but it doesn't look like Dean has the skills needed at this level.

Online Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #136 on: December 28, 2019, 07:43:27 PM »
Pochettino is my choice.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #137 on: December 28, 2019, 07:43:36 PM »
Anyone thinking Benitez or Pochettino will be rocking up at Villa Park anytime soon is deluded.

You probably voted for Wenger.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #138 on: December 28, 2019, 07:45:46 PM »
Fuck, no. He's a c***. His "achievements" consist of zero trophies and finishing second in a competition that only two teams can win. And he's a c***. I know I've mentioned that already, but thought it was worth emphasising.

So Bono > Stevie G ? :)

That's actually quite close. Throw in Robbie cocking Williams and you have the full Trumvirate of Twattery.
Out of pure interest CD, have you ever met SG?
And labelling him a #### is based upon what exactly?
Your hatred of all things Liverpudian ?
:)

Eh? No, I don't hate Ron Saunders, Dennis Mortimer or Tony Morley, funnily enough. You're a bit bloody defensive whenever anyone criticises anything that happens to be associated with Liverpool.

Is it okay that I dislike slavery, Cilla Black and Esther McVey but quite like The Beatles, Alexei Sayle and Tom Baker?

No, I hate Gerrard because he was a cheating, diving bastard who should have gone to prison for assaulting someone because they had different taste in music to him.

If that's okay with you?
I am with CDB on this.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #139 on: December 28, 2019, 07:45:51 PM »
It's looking like an "other please specify" landslide at the moment.

Online TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #140 on: December 28, 2019, 07:47:15 PM »

You probably voted for Wenger.

Why? He's being realistic.

Online Smirker

« Reply #141 on: December 28, 2019, 07:48:30 PM »
It's not delusion to think Poch could come here with a window and financial backing. It's a fantastic opportunity for a manager. If Dean is sacked then call Poch, ask him what he wants and offer it.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #142 on: December 28, 2019, 07:49:07 PM »
I can't see any problem with us getting a manager that's currently on £12m a year after tax.

Online amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #143 on: December 28, 2019, 07:49:21 PM »
Apologies Amfy, that reads harsher than I meant.

We can want players/managers out as we can see it's not working. What we don't have is the information needed to make an informed decision on replacements, especially manager wise. If, for example, the club have in place a plan to spend £50m in Jan and another £100m in the summer then it massively changes our targets compared to if we're spending 78p in Jan and half a pack of Hob Nobs in the summer.

I don’t think it was a particularly harsh response to what I said.

.....but it was simply a statement that ‘out’ is easier than ‘in’, & when we start to say ‘out’ that’s something I think we need to take into account, because otherwise, because otherwise it’s like the equivalent of that ‘things that make my 2 year old cry’ book - it’s honestly just a tantrum because you can’t have what you want.

Later this evening has been a result that isn’t that great for us but could have been worse....Because Farke who did great for Norwich last year but has had them looking dead & buried this year has maybe instilled a bit of fight & they nearly took all the points against Spurs, whilst Spurs who dumped struggling Pottechino (who we think we’d be lucky to persuade to come to us) have struggled to get a point against ‘doomed’ Norwich.
Watford may be in new manager bounce territory and be shit again in a fortnight.
It’s just not always as straightforward as it looks.

We also had a massive stretch last season when we thought Deano couldn’t do it. Then Jack came back. Our worst form has coincided with Mings and McGinn playing with injuries just before being ruled out completely with injuries so they are to return. (Just before those 2 started to carry injuries we were improving & gathering some coherence).

We could sign a missing link in January. He definitely has to give the Wesley persistence a rest because it can’t even be doing the player himself any good any more, and I think the team’s lack of faith in him to score is causing us to attack far too cautiously and losing Deano’s  own entire ethos of playing. That’s why it’s a mess frankly.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #144 on: December 28, 2019, 07:50:43 PM »
Pointless talking about the manager no one is going to get any decent tune out the likes of targett, joca, Wesley

Online Smirker

« Reply #145 on: December 28, 2019, 07:51:06 PM »
I can't see any problem with us getting a manager that's currently on £12m a year after tax.

He's not currently on anything is he?

Offline Damo70

« Reply #146 on: December 28, 2019, 07:53:00 PM »
It's not delusion to think Poch could come here with a window and financial backing. It's a fantastic opportunity for a manager. If Dean is sacked then call Poch, ask him what he wants and offer it.

It couldn't hurt to contact Poch. Considering he was supposed to be nailed on to be the next manager of Manchester United, Arsenal, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and Juventus to the best of my knowledge he is currently out of work.

Online TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #147 on: December 28, 2019, 07:53:59 PM »

Sorry, 100% delusion.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #148 on: December 28, 2019, 07:54:00 PM »

He's not currently on anything is he?

I was on about FSW.

Online Smirker

« Reply #149 on: December 28, 2019, 07:56:51 PM »
Poch it is  8)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal