collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Next Aston Villa Manager  (Read 55958 times)

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
Re: Next Aston Villa Manager
« Reply #225 on: December 28, 2019, 10:34:50 PM »
If you going to pick on a manager's worst moments and at the same time dismiss their best moments then we'll never get anyone.  What's more if you were apply that to Smith, you'd conclude he's terrible.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #226 on: December 28, 2019, 10:35:14 PM »
Chris Wilder. He's doing the business

Chris Wilder is what we all hoped to get with Dean Smith. Fan of the club. Up and coming manager. Zero fucks given when playing against supposedly bigger teams. Instead we have a bloke who’s becoming a delusional coward.
Why the fuck is he a coward?  I hate how that gets thrown about in here.  He's just a decent championship manager trying to find his feet in the hardest league in the world.  Stop calling him a coward you ungrateful ...

Ungrateful what? Show me professionally where he is being brave? Where he is sending his teams out to attack and take the game to the opponent. We just came off playing those world beaters; Southampton, Norwich and Watford. But for some world class keeping and a miraculous goal line clearance we would have lost all three. We were outplayed in all three. The possession and shot stats against us were fucking embarrassing. So professionally he’s a coward and not the brave manager we thought we were getting. And delusional. Listen to his press conferences. Any of them recently. How about a look in the mirror? It’s never, ever him. It’s always the ref, VAR, the players etc etc. It’s the definition of delusion when everyone else sees something completely differently. He’s a couple of defeats short of a full Paul Lambert at this stage.

I don’t want him fired. But it needs to be done because he’s become delusional and he’s lost his fucking balls as a manager.

Offline Dinas_Caerdydd

« Reply #227 on: December 28, 2019, 10:36:29 PM »
too late I know of course but you should have plumped for Brenden Rodgers when he was on the market

with gritted teeth he should be the next England manager

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #228 on: December 28, 2019, 10:37:20 PM »
I’m really not sure others would do better with this set of players, they really aren’t good enough.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #229 on: December 28, 2019, 10:39:37 PM »
Claudio Ranieri? Roberto Martinez?

The same Ranieri that took Fulham down? That one? No ta

Also the same Ranieri that won the league with Leicester. He's a good manager. I'm not sure about it either but just a suggestion.

He took over Sampdoria six weeks ago.

Offline The_ads

« Reply #230 on: December 28, 2019, 10:40:33 PM »
I’m really not sure others would do better with this set of players, they really aren’t good enough.

Nah. I’m not having that. After 5 games we were purring what a bargain Engels looked, how Nakamba was Kante Mark 2 and what a lovely player Luiz looked.  Are we man for man a worse team than Sheffield United?

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #231 on: December 28, 2019, 10:40:40 PM »
Its the direction of travel or momentum. What you saw today was the culmination of too many poor decisions.
The players and the team are getting worse.

Offline Hockley Lion

• GM : 24.05.2022
« Reply #232 on: December 28, 2019, 10:42:17 PM »
I think Pochettino will wait for his money from Spurs for stabbing him in the back.

Wenger I think likes to control pretty much everything throughout a club. That might not be a bad thing though considering the shambles there has been for so long.

Dean should with sadness offer his resignation. He's had his chance. He'd be seen as a hero if he did just for getting us up. Doing what's best for the club he supports. Golden handshake, amicable departure etc etc.

Needs to go before the crowd start throwing cabbages which won't help team confidence.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #233 on: December 28, 2019, 10:42:35 PM »
too late I know of course but you should have plumped for Brenden Rodgers when he was on the market

with gritted teeth he should be the next England manager

I don't think there was ever a time when we could have got him. We could probably have nicked him when we went for Lambert, but the Liverpool job became available at the same time and so we were never going to get him. I don't think he would have managed us in the Championship.

Offline mr woo

« Reply #234 on: December 28, 2019, 10:45:53 PM »
Poch ..Rafa or Big Sam

Big Sam being the nuke option as short term way to stay up.

...is the correct answer.   

I'd worry about the financial acumen of anyone who says they will take relegation over rudimental football at this point.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #235 on: December 28, 2019, 10:46:17 PM »
I think Pochettino will wait for his money from Spurs for stabbing him in the back.

He is on the market, so he has had his money.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #236 on: December 28, 2019, 10:48:17 PM »

Nah. I’m not having that. After 5 games we were purring what a bargain Engels looked, how Nakamba was Kante Mark 2 and what a lovely player Luiz looked.  Are we man for man a worse team than Sheffield United?

They need some help. An experienced CM to tell Luiz when to sit in and when to push up would help him. A guy in the mould of Petrov would be a great pick up.

Matic had a decent game for Man. United tonight. In the slower games he's still a decent player so he's one I'd look to get in given Man. United want to get rid of him in January.

Think we also need to pick up an experienced CB as the two young ones were bullied by Troy Deeney today and Engels has really struggled without Mings.

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
« Reply #237 on: December 28, 2019, 10:50:20 PM »
Poch would come if the owners gave him guarantees. He would see us a huge project but we still have a brand and the financial clout to compete.

Online danno

« Reply #238 on: December 28, 2019, 10:52:34 PM »
The possibility of Pochettino’s arrival will continue to loom over Solskjaer but according to the Sunday Express, a clause in the Argentine’s deal could hold up his potential move to Old Trafford.

The report claims that Pochettino would have to repay his £12.5 million compensation pay-off to Spurs if he agreed to manage another Premier League team before the end of the season.

It probably is bollocks though, I mean if you sack someone how can you then dictate what job they take next?  I've certainly not heard of it before.

Online TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #239 on: December 28, 2019, 10:53:04 PM »
Poch would come if the owners gave him guarantees. He would see us a huge project but we still have a brand and the financial clout to compete.

What's that in your drink?  Ah! molly!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal