collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Next Aston Villa Manager  (Read 55943 times)

Offline AsTallAsLions

Re: Next Aston Villa Manager
« Reply #210 on: December 28, 2019, 10:13:49 PM »
Claudio Ranieri? Roberto Martinez?

Offline The_ads

« Reply #211 on: December 28, 2019, 10:17:01 PM »
I’d be looking at the Leipzig manager.

Lots of reasons he wouldn’t come here but lots he would

Mate, come on.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #212 on: December 28, 2019, 10:17:48 PM »
Ranieri is currently in a role - Sampdoria. Martinez - is still with Belgium
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 10:21:11 PM by villa `cross the mersey »

Offline The_ads

« Reply #213 on: December 28, 2019, 10:18:05 PM »

The same Ranieri that took Fulham down? That one? No ta

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #214 on: December 28, 2019, 10:18:26 PM »

They're top of Bundesliga and have winnable game v Spurs in last 16 of CL. Interested in the "lots he would" category!

Southampton got Ralph Hasselhuttl who also did well at Leipzig but he was out of work at the time.

That's the key, out of work dosen't mean you're rubbish so it's looking at the better candidates. Leandro Jardim and Marcelinho are two I'd seriously consider as they've recently achieved stuff at major european clubs.

Jardim won the league and got to CL semi finals in 16/17, Marcelinho finished 4th in La Liga and won copa del rey just last season. Better pedigrees than what Garde had.

Because Leipzig are, and always will be a stepping stone club and he might see the PL as being a better stepping stone at the moment than other options.

I’m clutching, granted.

Offline The_ads

« Reply #215 on: December 28, 2019, 10:21:04 PM »

They're top of Bundesliga and have winnable game v Spurs in last 16 of CL. Interested in the "lots he would" category!

Southampton got Ralph Hasselhuttl who also did well at Leipzig but he was out of work at the time.

That's the key, out of work dosen't mean you're rubbish so it's looking at the better candidates. Leandro Jardim and Marcelinho are two I'd seriously consider as they've recently achieved stuff at major european clubs.

Jardim won the league and got to CL semi finals in 16/17, Marcelinho finished 4th in La Liga and won copa del rey just last season. Better pedigrees than what Garde had.

Because Leipzig are, and always will be a stepping stone club and he might see the PL as being a better stepping stone at the moment than other options.

I’m clutching, granted.

I’d probably agree if they were 16th in the Bundesliga but they are top and in the last 16 of the Champions League. Bit more than clutching that

Offline PeterWithe

« Reply #216 on: December 28, 2019, 10:21:54 PM »
Ok, on reflection I’ll concede that it’s a bit ambitious.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #217 on: December 28, 2019, 10:22:30 PM »

I’m clutching, granted.

He won't leave this season. I thought Nagalsmann actually would be nailed on for Bayern Munich when he was at Hoffenheim but seems he wants to work his way up gradually and isn't in any rush. He's about six years younger than John Terry which gives an idea of what a ridiculously gifted coach he is.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #218 on: December 28, 2019, 10:23:31 PM »

Also the same Ranieri that won the league with Leicester. He's a good manager. I'm not sure about it either but just a suggestion.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 10:25:07 PM by AsTallAsLions »

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #219 on: December 28, 2019, 10:25:48 PM »
Isn't Pochetino technically on gardening leave as whoever tries to sign him have to pay a huge fee for him? Or is that a load of crap?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #220 on: December 28, 2019, 10:27:47 PM »
We will wave a bit of money at Tottenham and they will do as they're jolly well told.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #221 on: December 28, 2019, 10:28:30 PM »
Isn't Pochetino technically on gardening leave as whoever tries to sign him have to pay a huge fee for him? Or is that a load of crap?
The fact that he said he was open to offers would suggest the Golden Goodbye period is over.

Offline PeterWithe

« Reply #222 on: December 28, 2019, 10:29:06 PM »
I’d be looking at German coaches to bring into the club at any level
, they have to do something like 10x the amount of hours to get their accreditation. Lots of very talented coaches coming through who have never kicked a ball in the top levels of football.

Offline The_ads

« Reply #223 on: December 28, 2019, 10:32:07 PM »

Also the same Ranieri that won the league with Leicester. He's a good manager. I'm not sure about it either but just a suggestion.

He isn’t though. He fell on the leagues best back bone of that season in Schmeichel, Morgan, Kante,Mahrez and Vardy. He’s about as short term as it gets as well

Online danno

« Reply #224 on: December 28, 2019, 10:34:02 PM »

I read that he forfeits his £10 million pay off if he takes a premier league job before the end of the season. It's probably just newspaper nonsense, but if it was true it would mean he was open to offers just presumably not from English teams.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal